Fort Lauderdale, FL
Broward College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Broward College

Whitney

The advice I would have gave myself about college life and the transition is college is not like high school, the teachers are not going to babysit you. You need to do homework and study regularly to succeed in your classes. I would have also looked into scholarships more especially bright futures so my parents and I wouldn't be strugging trying to pay my college tuition.

I wish that I knew that the website ratemyprofessor.com existed, for in my first semester during orientation, the aids were not helpful and I ended getting classes with impossible teachers which led me to not such a good start in college.

I consider the worst thing about my school not being able to get invovled easily. I feel as though if you do not know somebody in the club or organization it is harder to get information on it or to join. They do have a list of all the organizations but a lot of the time some are missing.

Paschal

If I could teleport back to the beginning of my sophomore year, I would reinforce to myself the benefits of joining student government or the importance of completing more than just a mere 45 hours of community service. In college, students learn about case studies and they synthesize relevant information. They learn how to analyze problems logically and develop arguments based on facts. How is Haiti going to redevelop itself after its disastrous earthquake? The world needs one more leader. The world needs knowledgeable people who have traveled and can retell their accounts in order to start a chain reaction of motivated helpers. World peace is impossible, however world acknowledgement is vital and yet some people can?t even identify Haiti on a map. In order to be successful in college, students must become involved with services that promote the greater good for people at large. Without applying one?s self, education is somewhat biased. You could learn all day, but what do you really know until you?ve applied yourself? I?m not going to relive high school in college.

Those attending Broward College should cultivate the convenient resources available to them at each campus. This school is affordable and creates an environment that allows its students to excel. There are different clubs and student organizations at each campus that students are able to join. For example, there is a new student organization for Haitian students called the Haitian Student Association. This club allows its members to promote Haitian culture in the wake of the natural disaster that has failed to overcome such a strong-winded people.

Broward College students should embrace individuality because the school's moddo is "Define Yourself." A Broward College student should be willing to embrace cultural diversity and should pursure an education that teaches the individual how to solve problems that affect the global community rather than one specific population.

Andrea

Really what makes it unique is that is very close to my home, only five minutes away. Also the music program is exellent. my professors are great and understanding, and they are willing to help no matter what. I had some problems this semester with my schedules. See, the school is not so good when organizing and technical things. Anyhow I spoke to the dean letting her know how I needed a new professor for my Private voice lessons for this winter semester because of several issues with my major, and theywere so helpful , they went beyond!

Andrea, keep on the way you are, But when is comes to your school as soon as you get in college make sure who your music professors are. there will be people in the music education that will try and tell you to quit! but do not because you will find that music is in you and that there are other professors who went through the same thing. they will help you overcome your fears! Also dont take things so lightly when it comes to school. make the effort to stay in your studies and take time. You see things are'nt so difficult as others put it, its just lazyness getting to them. dont procastinate! though in time you will learn! AND BECOME VERY VERY GOOD AT NOT PROCASTINATING and that will help you in many ways! other than that. remember God is good. somethings dont go as planed thats just because there are better things ahead! keep on persevering! keep on pushing hard. dont let anyone tell you who you are and give you limits as in what you can do or not. For your confidence is not on that! but on greater ! take heart! life is good!

someone who has no desire to exeed and grow in life, thought I believe everyone has the desire to go forward though it might seem otherwises sometimes. but this college is for everyone. everyone who wnats to learn and open their wings to fly!

Trudy

High school...the stage on which students rehearse the roles which they will play once they leave... If I were to go back in time to when I was a high school senior, I would most definitely advise myself to become more outgoing. I think that I was much too withdrawn during my high school years, and since I have started college, the importance of being outgoing and interactive has become crystal clear. In addition, I would work towards becoming more organized. Working full-time and being a full-time student, as well as a participant in various clubs, requires ample skills in organization. In high school, I did not fully comprehend the importance of organization. However, having seen first hand its importance, I wiould advise myself to adapt that as a quality. Finally, I would stress the importance of just doing my best. As a high school student, I was obsessed with getting straight A's. As a college student, though I still work hard to maintain a high GPA, a letter grade seems to count for less when compared to what I will have learnt at the end of each course.

This school is perfect for a person who is accustomed to working hard for what they want and who is serious about pursuing his or her goals. This school is suitable for those who have the desire to attend school, but find it difficult to do so due to a job, children, or other activity that might consume a lot of his or her daily life. Also, a person who is willing to become a part of a community and contribute to its development.

Broward College is known for its high standards and hard-working students. I don't believe that anyone who is not willing to contribute to this high standard should attend this school. In addition, anyone unwilling to participate in a community that is strengthened by the variety of its members might not be suitable for this institution, unless this individual is open to change...

Thayana

Broward College is like seeing and experiencing the world in my own backyard.

Broward College is like seeing and experiencing the world in my own backyard.

Dear self, Hello. This is your long lost friend, me...or you in the future. You are such a smart, sensitive, beautiful, and compassionate person. You are capable of doing so much good in the world. However, you are wasting your precious life by dating that deliquent boyfriend whom which you will break up with anyway. Your parents aren't wrong about him. The longer you stay with him the more you will regret it. Don't delay your education which can benefit you forever for something that won't last. I can tell you from experience, you will love college. The friends you'll make will be better than the ones in high school. So many opportunities will arise from your college experience. It will be so rewarding, you will be an encouraging force to those around you who have given up on their own dreams. So don't procrastinate, the time for purposed living is now. In school you WILL discover your true passion. Living with no regrets is not doing what you please. It's from knowing that you've done your best to be who you were always meant to be in life.

No matter where you go, college is truly what you make of it. Never understimate what kind of education you can get from a community college. Broward Community College is a culturally diverse atmosphere with students from many different parts of the country and globe. Also, it has many campuses around the county making going to class geographically convenient no matter where you live. But the best apart of my school are the professors. The teachers are engaging, personal, inspiring, and will push you to reach your full potential. Without them, I wouldn't have gotten this far.

My school is in a well kept area. There are local businesses, shops and restauraunts near by.

I would give myself advice about scholarships and ways to get aid to fund my higher education. I would tell myself the pros and cons of a community college and a university. I would also weigh the option of staying home or going away to school. Also, to do a lot of research from your junior year in school. Research includes but not limited to, what major I would declare, what career goals I have, what I look for in a school, what school would be best for me and my intended major, apply to schools I really want to go to. In addition, get all documents together including test scores and recommendation letters. Apply for financial aid EARLY and do lots of research on grants and scholarships available. Talk to alumni/present students at the college first hand and to visit the campus of where you want to go. Lastly, I would feed myself positive thoughts and afimations.

Although my school is a junior college, there are activities and programs just like a state university. Such as, athletic programs and student publications.

nya

if i could talk to myself back in high school i would have told myself to pay more attention in my ap classes and to try and do dual enrollment instead of going home early everyday. I would have also told myself to use the free resources available at school because it can be really helpful. Also to take a class on how to study because thats the hardest thing in college. You may be able to make it in high school by just paying attention in class but that wont cut it in college because most of the work is on your own. I would have said to get my mind prepared for this new journey I was getting ready to embark on.

I wish i could have known that school was going to be nothing like high school and every thing that you do is solely on you and the all the teachers do is teach, nothing more. It would have been nice to know i would have to be on top of my studies because everything is my responsibility.

The most fustrating thing about my school is that the class sizes are so large. Also the fact that many of the stuents here don't wanna be here and are only here beause their parents want them here, they take from the learning experience.

Valerie

My classmates come from all over the world, of all different ages, of all different backgrounds and with many different life stories that make each and every student successful.

If I was able to go back in time I would tell my self to pick up a book with all the many different careers out there, and not let anyone set up a path for me. I am realizing now, close to graduation, that the path that was set up for me doesn't make me happy. I am determined to go out there and do what truely makes me happy despite what my salary may be. In the end I will be working a job I truely appreciate and love, and if I would have just read about all the careers possible I would have realized this sooner.

This school is perfect for the person who has to work and pay bills, because it allows you the flexibility and affordability. Also, if you're a little nervous about entering college this is perfect to settle those nerves, and allow you to build up confidence and strength when it comes time to transferring to another university.

Dajia

In Broward College, high school graduates or new students will feel some comfort and an easy transition into a college life because of them. My school gives many people a chance to succeed in life. I am trying to transfer to Florida International University for a dual degree program after my Associates Degree. Broward College is preparing me with incredible educators, tips for the future, and exercises for preparation in our careers. Many people can explore the numerous options for majors that will better their lives. There are not enough words to thank Broward College for everything they have done.

If I could go back in time, I would have a long talk with myself when I was a senior in high school. For example, I would discuss about the importance of scholarships for college expenses. Knowing that my younger self would eventually have to work two jobs to help pay for books and to go to school full time, I would stress this to her big time. I would tell my younger self to continue trying her hardest on tests and quizzes to get great practice. I would also tell myself to never give up on tasks especially because I am about to graduate and go through harder obstacles. She will need effort, hard work, goals, and dreams to get us ready for our journey through life. I would tell myself that throughout my senior year to be successful in all my clubs, organizations, and school work. I would tell her to keep her head held high for the hardships to come. I would finally tell her that when entering college she should do what makes her happy, study all that makes her smile, laugh as much as she breathes, and to love everything she achieves throughout her education.

When talking with my friends about Broward College, I tend to brag about how great the education is at the school. The way the professors teach you topics can relate to your everyday life. The education is the number one priority at the school and the emphasis of education being grasped by their students. Professors will give as many labs, study sessions, and extra help needed to have their students succeed. Some people will brag about how horrible the education is at their college, but there will not be one bad word spoken about Broward College.

Jacqsar

My school is one that builds character and motivates its students to achieve.

My school is one that builds character and motivates its students to achieve.

If i could go back in time to talk to myself with the knowledge I know about college life, I would try to persuade myself to become more active in trying to recieve scholarships and grants for school. I never realized how expensive and frustrating college can be when it comes to finance. If I was more aware of this during my senior year I would've changed my views on college. I would have talked to my high school guidance counselor, Mr. Bertanni, more often and worked with him to figure out the best ways I could gain money like scholarships, grants, and loans. With all those put together I believe I would be going to school right now with no worries if I have enough money for my Fundamentals of Air Traffic Control book. With this advice I would have an easier and more fun college experience.

I personally havent experienced anything that would make me think my school wrong.

Broward College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.