Fort Lauderdale, FL
Broward College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Broward College

Cynthia

Broward College is completely different than high school. It has a lot of opportunities for student activities and there library's are amazing!

It is clean, the location to me is a lot better than miami dade community college.

I would tell myself to apply early! Not only for college, but also for financial aid. I have learned that the financial aid process can be a huge headache. I would also tell my self to take the time to fill out as many scholarship applications as possible. I didn't realize how expensive college can be.

There are many different campuses to choose from and they promote a friendly learning environment.

I would first emphasize the importance of receiving good SAT scores, since they are obviously very important in determining what school(s) I would plan on attending. I would also give advise on hanging around positive students and to take every class seriously as they have a direct financial impact. It is also very important to try and make a decision about the courses that most interest you as soon as possible, so that you are not wasting your time.

The classrooms are smaller, which allows the teachers to be more interactive with the students.

Lucson

Unique bebause everyone has there own tale because i just met a girl from IL who came down here to live with her family. i thought this school was just going to be filled with florida kids.

I would tell myself to stop beong lazy and to do my my work. college is different because once they set a deadline they mean it its not like high school where teacher give you some extra time. Nope they don't play that so once time is up time is up. Anotherthing I would tell myself is to open up and meet new peolple because none of my friends are going to the same college as me so i have to get used to talking and meeting new people.

A persoon who does not like divesitr because there are peoplefrom every where. No one is the sma ei know most colleges are like this but since i decided to stay home from college i thought it was not going to be as good good but i was wrong.

JAMES

The college just before the real college.

The college just before the real college.

The advice I would gave to myself is I would have tried to get more scholarships. The toughest obstacle during school, is me struggling to make ends meet on top of doing school work. Also I should have took more time getting information about the college. Make your own decision on choosing your decision of a college, not your bad situation. If I could go back to my senior year, I would have made sure my GPA was even higher than before. All in all, I should have took at least a semester off to really look what school I wanted to go to.

wideline

The professors are very caring when it comes to each students needs and education.

If i could go back in time, the most important advice i would give myself is to take the year as the last year as a adolescence and welcome adulthood and resposibility. To be more persistent when it comes to college applications, scholarships applications and grants and not to take my senior year as a year to play around, but as the year to be more serious and be productive with my time since i have so little of that left. College is not like high school. You will face finacial problem, Mommy and Daddy will not always be there to protect you from the world, you now have to be the resposible one, the one who needs to make good judgements in able to better not just yourself, your family and the next generation to come. Things will get hard and sometimes you might feel like giving up, be ready now and brace yourself for some excitements and also resposiblity which will allow you to grow into a pround and loving person.

Nicholas

If I was able to go back into time when I was a high school senior, I would watch over myself 24/7 to make sure I was doing everything in school the right way and was able to study almost everyday like my father to me to do. I would first find myself and then explain to myself that if you dont want to end up in a community college then work harder than usual and show up to track practice everyday and stay as late as you can to get in shap even better, so you can be the best that you can be intelligently and physically so you i can recieve a full scholarship to a university college to run track. Im saying this because I can't really achieve my dreams here as fast as I want to but It's a start. Not every one gets what they want in life but Some are lucky!

One thing that I wish I would have known before I came to this school is the type of classes that they had here.

So far the most fustrating think about the school I attend now is the fact that they dont have alot of elective classes and bettersports to play like football and track & feild. I know it's a community college, but it would'nt hurt to have a little more.

Vanessa

Broward College allows schooling to be easy. The travel time and tuition/fees are less than if I were attend a Universtiy.

If I could go back in time as a high school senior, the first and foremost thing I would put in my head is staying on track. My first year of college, I was not necessarily overwhelmed, but I was going through some family issues and I let them get in the way of my education. As a senior in high school, I would convince myself to remain focused and keep my head up, becuase it would pay off in the end. This year I went through, what I felt was, hell and back to get back into school. Due to my mistakes my freshman year, I was determined on getting straight A's each each semester and so far I have done that. I would make sure I knew how important attendance was to classes. However, not because it was mandatory, but because its beneficial to me and my grades. Overrall my main focus would be to make sure I did not take schooling for granted, because everyday I wish i knew then what i know now.

There is a variety of Students who attend this college. Parents who are stuggling, students who want to stay closer to home, students are financial situations aren't as good as they should be, as well as many others.

Rachael

If I could talk to myself as a high school senior I would first congratulate myself on still being alive. I would tell myself to start preparing early and make sure I didn't kill my grades the last semester of HS (don't worry, I didn't anyway). Because life would be clearer from my point of view, I would make sure I told me not to leave my parents house, even if my mom was abusive. I would trade that year of abuse for the four years I haven't been able to go to college because I didn't have their tax information. Finally, I would stress to my high school self that my friends are extremely important and will be there even when no one else is. I would probably give myself a much needed hug and then disappear in an extremely cool way. That exit, however, will take some time to think about...

While there isn?t a lot I would change about the course I?ve taken since high school, and I?m happy with the person I?ve become, if I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, there is one piece of advice I would be glad to impart. I would tell myself that no matter how much people try to push me around and step on me, I have to stand tall through all of it and keep a firm grip on my dreams and on my sense of self through all of it. I have to assure myself that even if I feel like giving up, the stronger I am the greater my success will be. Even though I feel I?ve found my road to success and happiness, it would be nice to know that my hardship will be for a good reason.

Broward College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.