Fort Lauderdale, FL
Broward College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Broward College

Gillyana

If I were to go back and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would give myself a 3 hour long lecture on how to not only survive, but to strive in college. The first thing I would mention is that college would be a wonderful experience. I'd say that to truly have a enjoyable and vivid time in college, you really have to embrace everything around you. There are many clubs, activities, and work shops that allow students to learn new things and meet new people, besides the classroom. I'd tell myself to prepare for every class as if there were to be a quiz. I'd mention to work on my time management skills and to continously keep up with long term and short term goals. These two things are incredibly important because without them, students risk getting distracted by other things such as friends, work, etc. They also risk not having enough time to do all the work, and that can harm them physically by not getting enough rest. It can also harm them academically, by not handing in work on the due date. The last thing I'd say is, have fun!

Before coming to college, I wish I had known that I had to set long term and short term goals. I wish I had known that I would have to work on my time management skills. I also wish that I would have known to focus on my priorities, and not allow my friends or my job to distract me from my school obligations.

The most frustrating thing about my school is how long the line is, when it comes to walk-in appointments with the advisors at the beginning of the semester. The line can reach the other side of building, which is why I always schedule my appointments online.

Krystal

My classmates in my class are different from my classmates in high school. My classmates in high school were wild and crazy and were kids my age. In my class in college there are students ranging from different ages, there are grown up like my mothers age in there, there also mature, know how to focus and just to them self and there education.

The advice i would give myself is to focus in high school because if i had focus in high school I think that I would have got into a good university than a community college. I even had to fight more because i went though alot in order to get my diploma and if i had done my dutties in school and not played the fool i would have went to prom and walk across the strange than take a online class to get 1/2 credit in order to get my dipolma. So on top of all that i would also tell myself that college is not easy its not high school and its hard and they grade different from high school and u have to really give 100 percent. I had a english class and i am so good in english and in high school i got A's and B's now in this class i got a C. I couldnt belive it so if i could get a C that means that i gotta work so hard to an A. So I would just tell myself work hard i know you could do it.

I think that everybody should attend this school if they want to go to a 2 year college, I'm goin to a 2 year community college then I am transfering to a 4 year college. I feel that if you want to go to a 2 year college and then its good because u have your parents to help you out and for u to get on your feet as a young adult then you go a university if you want to. It doesnt matter what kind of person as long as your getting the education you want.

Steven

My classmates were very friendly. Always want to help out people who are lost and are in need of help with any assignment that I feel that I'm stuck on.

My advice to my high school senior self would be to know two things, Be yourself and good judgement. Being yourself is critical to knowing who you are when you enter a world that is alien to you and the people living in it. It is not a job to find a friend who you thinnk is cool or over-the -edge persona. Finding the friends that you know are loyal and trustworthy is very important because the wrong people can take advantage of their abilitie or talents that the would take you for granted and forget about you as time goes by. The time does go rather fast in college, even though you don't feel it right away so realize who you are and what you what out of your experience in college, besides the raunchy endevours you hear and want to do. Using your good judgement on what your parents taught you and who you have become before you came into college; never forget who you are and stick to the goals you want to accomplish. Even though at first you are undecided on what major is, good judgement comes in handy yet also have fun.

That I would talk to my advisor about the many scholarships available so that I would take advantage of them. Also I would like to know where my classes were before school started so I wouldn't be late for my first class.

Ashante

I believe that my school is best know for having various resources avaliable to students. they offer tutoring in all subjects which really helps students in better understanding the subject because they get more one on one time. Another thing is the learning resource center which i believe every student takes advantage of; it has computers, instructors to help you out, modules and so much more. The LRC is where students spend most of their time studying.

I would advise myself not to worry about my friends and what schools they are going to because what might be right for them may not be right for me. Also not to let anyone decide whats right for me only I can make that decision. Staying focus and worrying about my dream is all that matters, not what other people are doing. Take some time and research schools and scholarships because it is really important to plan ahead, waiting till the last minute will land me in a place where i don't want to be. I would also advise myself to prepare for the SAT and ACT and not think just because I did well on the FCAT that these test would be easy. Not all test are the same and doing well on these test is a huge factor in getting into a good college. GPA is also a major part of getting into a good college; just because you meet the minimum GPA requirement doesn't guarantee you admission. Make smart decision about school and stay focused.

The worst thing about my school is the lack of education from teachers. You would assume that being a teacher you would be well educated on the subject that you are teaching. At my school that is not the case, the teachers are more like babysitters than insrtuctors. Granted not all the teachers are like this but a majority of them are. Reading directly off powerpoint slides that come with the book and not being able to answer questions on the subject is not acceptable. I know that as a student i most take it upon myself to learn.

Cynthia

Broward College is completely different than high school. It has a lot of opportunities for student activities and there library's are amazing!

It is clean, the location to me is a lot better than miami dade community college.

I would tell myself to apply early! Not only for college, but also for financial aid. I have learned that the financial aid process can be a huge headache. I would also tell my self to take the time to fill out as many scholarship applications as possible. I didn't realize how expensive college can be.

There are many different campuses to choose from and they promote a friendly learning environment.

I would first emphasize the importance of receiving good SAT scores, since they are obviously very important in determining what school(s) I would plan on attending. I would also give advise on hanging around positive students and to take every class seriously as they have a direct financial impact. It is also very important to try and make a decision about the courses that most interest you as soon as possible, so that you are not wasting your time.

The classrooms are smaller, which allows the teachers to be more interactive with the students.

Lucson

Unique bebause everyone has there own tale because i just met a girl from IL who came down here to live with her family. i thought this school was just going to be filled with florida kids.

I would tell myself to stop beong lazy and to do my my work. college is different because once they set a deadline they mean it its not like high school where teacher give you some extra time. Nope they don't play that so once time is up time is up. Anotherthing I would tell myself is to open up and meet new peolple because none of my friends are going to the same college as me so i have to get used to talking and meeting new people.

A persoon who does not like divesitr because there are peoplefrom every where. No one is the sma ei know most colleges are like this but since i decided to stay home from college i thought it was not going to be as good good but i was wrong.

JAMES

The college just before the real college.

The college just before the real college.

The advice I would gave to myself is I would have tried to get more scholarships. The toughest obstacle during school, is me struggling to make ends meet on top of doing school work. Also I should have took more time getting information about the college. Make your own decision on choosing your decision of a college, not your bad situation. If I could go back to my senior year, I would have made sure my GPA was even higher than before. All in all, I should have took at least a semester off to really look what school I wanted to go to.

wideline

The professors are very caring when it comes to each students needs and education.

If i could go back in time, the most important advice i would give myself is to take the year as the last year as a adolescence and welcome adulthood and resposibility. To be more persistent when it comes to college applications, scholarships applications and grants and not to take my senior year as a year to play around, but as the year to be more serious and be productive with my time since i have so little of that left. College is not like high school. You will face finacial problem, Mommy and Daddy will not always be there to protect you from the world, you now have to be the resposible one, the one who needs to make good judgements in able to better not just yourself, your family and the next generation to come. Things will get hard and sometimes you might feel like giving up, be ready now and brace yourself for some excitements and also resposiblity which will allow you to grow into a pround and loving person.

Nicholas

If I was able to go back into time when I was a high school senior, I would watch over myself 24/7 to make sure I was doing everything in school the right way and was able to study almost everyday like my father to me to do. I would first find myself and then explain to myself that if you dont want to end up in a community college then work harder than usual and show up to track practice everyday and stay as late as you can to get in shap even better, so you can be the best that you can be intelligently and physically so you i can recieve a full scholarship to a university college to run track. Im saying this because I can't really achieve my dreams here as fast as I want to but It's a start. Not every one gets what they want in life but Some are lucky!

One thing that I wish I would have known before I came to this school is the type of classes that they had here.

So far the most fustrating think about the school I attend now is the fact that they dont have alot of elective classes and bettersports to play like football and track & feild. I know it's a community college, but it would'nt hurt to have a little more.

Broward College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.