Fort Lauderdale, FL
Broward College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Broward College

Confidence

I never get to know the events happening. The advertising is bad. Services are out there but people don't even know about it.

I think the must frustrating thing about my school is that I never know when things are happening. I miss out and it's not only me. The majority of the students never know when stuff is happening. They just go to school and then go back home (it's a community college :>)

Sharon

Broward Community College is unique compared to the University?s that I looked at in that they specialize in getting students the decrees they need or the foundation for a BA that they are seeking. Private University?s are costly and unobtainable for many people; Young people without help from parents and older people who have families and children to support, but still want to better their financial situation with higher education. Borward College strives to make education available to many by affordable rates and class times at nights and on weekends for employed head of households and single mothers.

My Dearest Beloved Sharon, Well you please listen to me with all of your heart and pay attention? I know that right now in life you are so excited and emotional about the future and your boyfriend, Kevin. Your future depends on you having a plan and sticking to it. You must start early planning your finances, housing, and budget. Don?t wait until the last minute, show up on campus and say??Now What??. It is your responsibility to plan for your future. Don?t be so afraid to ask for help and advice. That is what the staff is there for and they love to help with whatever you need. If you don?t plan and know what and why you are doing what you are? YOU WILL NOT MAKE IT IN THE LONG RUN! You will be get tried, frustrated, end up working two jobs plus going to school, due to poor planning and drop out. Get the Picture? Patience Grasshopper, Patience. I will love you forever no matter what, but let?s do this the easy way, please.

What I love most about Broward Community College is the staff. The staff is knowledgeable, patient, and kind. They are never to busy to help and give the information or advice that is best for the student. I am impressed by their attitudes and how they are happy with they employment and employer. It is really a reflection on the administration and how they take care of their employees.

Ruthane

You must STUDYYYYYY make time for study dont work to much, have a straight head on your shoulders, know what you are in school. Your not in College to waste your money and or parents money or time. My mistake was that i didnt study enough and i didnt make time. You have to know that this is what I want. Maintain your grades and be all you can really be.

Tabitha

I would tell myself not to give up and to keep trying because I know that your dreams of becoming a doctor to help others will happen no matter what others may say. I also would tell myself to stay in school and focus on the things that you want out of life. I would tell myself that you are smart, determined, a pusher, a survivor, and a self starter. Believe in you when no one else will. Find other students who share the same interest as you. Love you for who you are. Ask the teacher for help when you don't understand an assignment or homework. Don't be afarid to raise your hand to ask a question. Yes, I would tell myself all of these things and more to help myself be more secure and comfortable with being me. If only I could turn back the hands of time, I would be more carfeful with my studies and it wouldn't matter what people thought about me as long as my dreams and goals were accomplished.

At Broward College (BC), I get to use the resources at the school for free and they offer free tutoring. I also like that the staff and teachers are so helpful and understanding when it comes to the student needs. There are professors at this college who really care about you and accomplishing your goals. Being at BC, I have grown into being the student that I thought was impossible for me to be. I am glad that I chose to go back to school.

The professors I had were great! They really took the time to explain things that I did not understand. Broward College has an science club and other clubs that you can join in to help meet other students. There are a lot of scholarships available and financial aid to help assist with pay. Broward College is also web-based. You can chose to take night classes instead of day classes., and there are approximately four campuses to chose from.

Katie

I wish I had told myself to follow my dreams and pursue a degree right after high school. It seemed so complicated at the time trying to determine what to study and truly intimidating trying to pay for college on my own. Entering the work force however enabled me to make connections but also I feel it prolonged my attending college. I would have also told myself to focus more on obtaining better grades and attending college right after high school instead of waiting a year. Overall I was just an average high school student. If I had only focused and applied myself more I could have allowed me to qualify for more funding to attend college and or the possibility of a full ride scholarship; instead of working; not that its a horrible thing, but if I had just attended a 4 year college right away I would have made more freinds, developed networks and had the whole college experience, instead of working full time and taking online courses. and finding it hard to find time for anything else.

Derrek

What makes my school unique is how all the different campuses offer such different feilds of study. The downtown center focuses mainly on design while the south campus has a lot to offer dealing with aerodynamics. On the other hand central campus has a great nursing program,

I would tell myself to work hard and to get prepared for what college has to offer. You never know exactally what to expect untill it happens so just do what you can to be prepared.

I believe the best thing about my school would have to be the plethora of feilds of study in which they offer. It's a great place to get on the right track of whatever it is you choose to study.

Alejandra

Study!!, read always the chapter before you go to class, don't give up keep studying you can pass the class!, check your clases requierments and don't trust the counselers!

A person that doesn't want to study, that they don't know what to do with their lives because you are going to end up waisting ypur money droping clases. If you go to school you have to read, do homework and research on your own.

Counselers!, don't take their word. You have to go and check your requirenment clases and you choose them, is better if you check on rate my professor.com before you pick the professor.

todd

I would tell myself to take a year or two off after high school to put my life into perspective and decide what I wanted to do with my life. Jumping right into college doesn?t give you a chance to really think about what you're going to major in. It took me five years after high school for me to realize that aviation and becoming a pilot is what I wanted to do with my life. Take the time and emulsify yourself in jobs, talk to people in different industries, and try to feel your way through the daunting task of deciding what career you?re going to partake on.

The kind of person that should attend this school is someone who's seeking a degree, and doesn't want to spend an arm and a leg doing it. Broward College is also great for someone who works, and can only attend class on the weekends.

The kind of person that should not answer this school is someone who thinks they'er going to get a Harvard Education. Community colleges are for those who was to get a degree, but dont want to spend a ton of money getting one.

FERNANDO

I wouls have to take myself from the sixth grade time frame and have a sit down with him. We would discuss the facts of life, I'd enlighten him on things ot come, letting him know any major changes will change who i will become. We'd get to school and alll joking would have to cease;I would have to tell him, your foundation for college begins now, you build your study skills for now, yes you are young but you can have fun and be intellectual as well. We'd strategize, plot and map out the steps he should take,which would only be a edited version of the steps i've taken once before. I' introduce him to diagonostics and scholarship website and advise him to utilize those now. I would reiterate on fact over and over until he understands: You must build your tomorrow today because it is not guaranteed that someone will be there to help you when tomorrow becomes your present.

Meika

It provides many opportunities for students to become well-rounded individuals who will stand out positively in the American society.

College is one of the major stepping stones in life you will have to encounter in order to attain success. At times it will seem difficult but remember that with hardwork and determination , you can overcome any obstacle. This is your final year in high school so you might be a bit nervous now but belief in yourself and promise to never give up. Continue to work diligently in your academics so that you will graduate with an excellent gpa. A high gpa will not only guarantee you scholarships for college but also, it will give you a sense of accomplishment and self-worth. Not to mention confidence and a high self-esteem! In addition, continue to be involved in extra-curricular and volunteer service activities. These will build character and workmanship! I believe in you and I know you will be successful. When you get to college, work hard, get involved and join the honors institute or any other honor society. Maintain a great relationship with professors and advisors; be proactive! Remember deadlines at all times and never wait till the last minute to do any assignments! I love you and goodluck!

I should have been more active in extra-curriclar activities in high school

Broward College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.