Broward College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Broward College

I attended as a dual-enrolled student from sophomore to senior year. In my last year of high school I decided to attend BC full time because of the flexibility. I went to both North Campus and Central Campus as well as took classes online. The campuses are gorgeous and the faculty is pretty accomodating, I rarely had issues with professors or admin.

Abby

Many people think this school is a joke and for stupid people, but it is actually a wonderful school. I am not going to lie, I was apprehensive at first, but I grew to like the school because the professors are great, class sizes are small, the campus is nice, and it is close to home.

Ondina

Broward College is my first college experience and a great experience. As a slightly shy student going into college, I had no idea how much was in store. This college, Broward College will break you out of whatever shell you are in. The outstanding teachers, resources, activities and clubs definitely open your mind and make you really appreciate and love this school. On top of all that the tuition is extremely affordable.

Kendra

I like how affordable Broward college is . I am able to save more money attending Broward college. it has given me oppertunites to learn from my educational mistakes before actually transferring to a university and spending thousands of dollars to make those mistakes. The classes are smaller and it is easier to learn in a close-knit environment.

Natalie

Broward college is perfect for many different kinds of people. They have bountiful resources, and they get the job done. Affordable classes get your credits completed without taking out thousands in loans. They have career centers and many different free tutoring services. Friendly people and many different clubs. Safe choice.

Jeffrey

It has no housing and the rents are extremely high, so everyone is forced to live with parents. Also, there are no shops or stores with in a short walking distance, we all need a ride or public transportation or walk at least twenty minutes in the heat. Academics can be improved by added more Bachelors degrees, currently they only have 5 or 6 Bachelors degrees, which is very little. The tuition is cheap and the students are from 180 different countries, so there is no discrimination at all!!!

Siobhan

My experience at this school was good. they have great teschers, who are always accessible. Very good library system and locations. They also have an academic success center that have very good tutors. Brainfuse online also promotes student success as well as the career center.

Tatiana

Broward College is a convenient college that allows students to explore as much as they want. I think the school is very beneficial in multiple ways that allow students to get an idea of the concept of college. Its one of the best decisions I made educationally and financially.

Elle

I think Broward College is overall a great college to get started with. It gave me an opportunity to attend college a year earlier from high school. It's called Early Admission. Overall, it's not a university-like setting and not much recreational stuff to do. But, thankfully to Broward College, I will be attending University of Central Florida this summer!

Aditi

It's an affordable school for students who don't really know what they plan on majoring. However, when you need help with Advisement or Financial Aid, the lines are always long and the people aren't really helpful. The staff are usually unorganized and gives information that will have you running in circles without a clear answer. The teachers, can be very helpful and overall it's an okay school.

Kelsey

Broward College is a small college, but its diversity from age to race is unique in that it gives everybody a chance to be able to learn. Dual enrolling and being a freshman at Broward College I enjoy my classes and being around my classmate; meeting friendly studious students who are willing to help their peers and being able to learn under dedicated teachers. Broward has a variety of art programs, sciences, nursing and more. If you ever want an affordable, calm and friendly place to learn I would recommend Broward.

Breann

Broward college has a very open and diverse community of students. There are constantly students partaking in recreational activities around the campus as well as friendly academic conversations.

Adriana

One of the mottos of the school is "Yes I Can!" Entering college, I didn't feel like I had a clear direction in terms of my dreams and academic goals. To be honest, I went to this college just to have something to do. However, as I took more classes and enjoyed more time on campus, I started to discover more about myself and what I wanted to do. The professors are welcoming, understanding, and excellent teachers. The coursework is easy to handle if you put in the effort and I see the time the school puts into making the campus look beautiful. Over time, passing courses and being encouraged by my professors, I found my dreams again. Truly, now I feel that "yes I can" graduate and yes I can make my dreams come true.

Angie

Broward college has a beautiful campus with variety of majors to choose from. The campus is very peaceful and drug free. The professors are very flexible with there time, and will assist any student in need. when you need to meet with an counselor, no need to always make an appointment.

Jhamali

It is a phenomenal college, but just like anything else it has its issues. But i love Broward College and I love being student there as well. Everyone is nice the courses are challenging and engaging. Its just an overall great school. There are so many other colleges or universities that have professors who dont really mind how you sre holding up in their class, but with smaller class sizes Broward College allows for a more one on one time with your professor which allows them to interact and get to know you better not only as a student but as a person.

Remington

Broward College is a great school for a general transfer degree. They offer a good number of classes, not all in convenient locations though. Most of the professors are good if you do your research on them. The school provides plenty of resources (like in-person and online tutoring) to help you succeed!

David

One of the biggest things is that the people on campus and extremely nice and have positive attitudes to people who aren't even their classmates or friends. There's a familiar atmosphere that the students share about all being in the community college to learn and grow and pursue their gifts and talents to be able to use them to help people for the rest of their lives.

Kima

It's my second year at Broward College and it can't be better! I'm President of the Honors Student Committee and I got a job! Thanks to ratemyprofessor.com, I've picked nothing but great instructors. The North campus president is so sweet and willing to talk to us as students. I forgot to mention that I even got inducted into the National Society of Leadership and Success, and I'm on the executive board as the Publicity Chair. There's so much to do here, and there's a great dual enrollment program!

Akini

My overall opinion of Broward College is it’s a good community college for people who want to get a job after college or transfer to a university. Some professors are good, while other professors are bad but it depends on the professor that you choose and or the professors that you see on ratemyprofessor.com. The only problem about Broward College is the financial aid due to because some of the staff members that work in the financial aid office are mean to the students .

Tayler

Broward College is a small, state college. They do not offer many degrees. The administration staff is not very friendly. They are not willing to help students too much either. Broward college is best for technical degrees and basic associates of arts to move onto a university. Broward college has 4 campuses located around broward county.

Katia

Many of the professors also attempt to establish defensive barriers to shield themselves from criticism such as writing a syllabus which states "the book is required" and verbally telling the people who attend classes "the book is not required" but never clarifying any ambiguity or illogical examples until questioned. Essentially, Broward College teaches its students how to make excuses and emulate professionals. It is apparent they have no intention of improving the services they offer. Their primary focus is targeting lower-income and lower social classes to psychologically condition those people into believing they have made progress but leaving them with debt and no chance of long-term success.

Jeannisha

I am a single disabled mother of four. I graduated back in 1996, having children right after high school I never thought that a higher education was even a option for me. I have been at Broward College for quite sometime and my goal was to obtain a degree before my children. I've always wanted to set the best example that I could to brighter their future. Broward College has assist me with that and so much more. I'm two semesters away from my four year degree, I have had some great professors and I'm proud to be a current college student walking into my future with a higher education.

Alondra

It's not a bad school, it's just pretty uneventful especially if you don't go to the main campus because they have the most extracurricular activities. It's great for getting your prerequisites and saving money your first 2 years of college and there are nice people everywhere, plus the professors are super nice and always want to help you.

Amelia

When it comes to getting an affordable education, I will state that Broward is one of the best due to many of the students working together, some professors are willing to work with their students, and the idea of Financial Aid is a huge help to all students. But, the advisors are not the best and sometimes that don't know what they're doing.

Chris-Ann

It is a beautiful campus with a variety of cultures but the service there is not so beautiful. The staff members are not helpful. The professors are very helpful and the security team is always around and are willing to help. All in all I'll give it a 'C'.

Naasirah

Broward College is an average college I just wish their is safety around the college meaning anybody can enter the college because there’s no gate or a person to check I.D. And also the professors here usually have a strong accent so you can’t understand half of the things their saying. Broward College need to improve on the recruitment of professors . To me it looks like they just take up anybody who has an degree!

Wisdom

I very much enjoy it, at first I thought that I wouldn't be as engaged. I believed that I was only there to get my education and that was it, but I've found so many extra curricular activities to participate in outside of school. There are many classes that help you become more active and volunteer outside of school making it quite interesting. I've also learned that professors there are always able to help you with any question you may have. There is help available in almost every class with many tutoring sessions that have been extremely helpful and I'm honestly glad that I'm attending college here!

Crystal

I was completely taken by surprise at how active this college is. It motivates me to be all I can be and dedicate time to the college and the community around me, as well as myself. I built my resume from the things I've done on campus, I love it! I'm grateful to be a Seahawk!

Whitney

I began Broward College in the summer of 2014 right before my junior year of high school as a dual enrolled student. At first, I was scared because I was 15 around adults but I felt safe. Broward College is a bit bigger than a high school but much smaller than a traditional university. There is no housing and not many extracurricular activities to be apart of. The professors are always available to help if you need assistance and the class sizes are so small that you always have the teachers attention. I really enjoyed my time here because I met tons of new people and added many references to my resume.

Saskia

As an upcoming sophomore I Broward College I can honestly say that this school has made it a very comfortable and stress free transition from high school into college. Before the first day I was extremely nervous and stressed, worrying if I would be fine in a new environment with a new atmosphere and being around new people I've most likely never came across in my life. Fortunately, this all change once stepping foot in Broward College. The staff and administration are extremely helpful and always work in efforts to see you succeed. You're always given updates on ongoing events and never kept in the dark. I appreciate every and everything Broward has to offer!

Susanna

You get what you paid for, except you get alittle bit more. They have been improving the Broward College's campuses for a while. They are making the campuses feel more of a college, and creating a "college life" vibe. They are many students involved in clubs, sports, and specific programs like the Pilot Program in South campus of Pan Ku in Main campus. Though sometimes faculty who work behind financial aid, advising, and the other main offices are usually a mess, unless you talk clearly to them and constantly remind them of whats going on, they might not get your financial aid ready on time or forget to add a class to your schedule. The teachers are dedicated, they care more for the students than the grades. The alert systems for BC are top notch and aren't irritating or never work, plus we have a police academy on the Main campus, making the school feel safe. Of course, you should always be careful on campuses no matter what. There is a wide variety of classes based on each campus, so if you can't find a class on one campus, you can check the other campuses. The only downside is the school doesn't have on campus housing for those who are international students. But other than that, the school is great.

Sara

I personally really enjoy Broward. The advisers are so help, most of the professors make class material easy to follow and enjoyable, and the class sizes are just perfect so the professor knows who you are. I've loved my experience at Broward so far.

Kristina

Broward College is a community college that does it's best for it's faculty and students but people's attitudes towards other people could be better......................................................................................................

Robert

Broward College is a great school with plenty of opportunity and I would encourage everyone to take advantage of all the free tutoring they have to offer if they are struggling in a particular class.

Alyssa

It's good for finishing your AA and getting transferred to a University.

allison

Nostalgia lingers in Central campus of Broward college. In my childhood, it was an area where giddy middle schoolers would gather at the immense red bricked library to do last-minute science projects. Bailey center at Broward college was an area where we would tune into the stunning orchestra perform Tchaikovsky's fourth symphony in f minor. Up to now, Broward college is a center of our childhood, a structure that stands to remind us of where we encountered challenges, successes, and more than anything the ability to have access to unlimited resources. Broward college resembles that English teacher you had in the ninth grade who assisted you through your transitioning period. Or perhaps that friend who introduced you to that band glam pop that you still listen to this day. In totality, Broward college is much more than a place to receive higher education, but a familial niche where everyone has a part in creating and flourishing.

David

I am a new student here at the school. As every young student attending college for the first time you are a bit nervous and also just trying to get accustomed to everything and everyone around you. The staff and the students here at Broward College are very kind and helpfully. The teachers stay to answer questions even till late in the evening to have extra tutoring secession. There are free tutoring sessions for every subject matter at our school so there is a greater chance of you passing all your classes. The student government at the school is also great. They have many activities done for the other students and help keep our school spirit up even in finals week. As a military member the veterans department is extremely helpful and understanding from making sure I get my GI bill to any assistance I need in paying for classes. If your looking for a school this is a great school to be apart of you may have found your perfect fit in academics, sports and extracurricular activities.

Juvanie

The college offers a variety of student resources. Their staff is friendly, patient and very helpful. Flexible schedules and affordable course fees.

lovely

I love the college; joining BROWARD was the best decision I have made so far. The professors, advisors are all great role model ;they care about students progress and success. And of course Broward College does not focus only on its students, but also on their families. Students get to have fun with their families on campus.

Claudiavanesa

I love Broward College. I recommend it to everyone. I hope many people come to this college because every aspect of it is amazing. The teachers are always available and there are infinite of resources. The library has different rooms for group studying and has personal zones to study on your own. I'm glad I chose to come here.

Justtin

It is a community college that does not have dorms. What do you expect? It is a regular two-year college. The food is fine but I wish there were more options to choose from besides Subway, Dunkin Doughnuts, the bookstore, Chicken and Grill, and the cafeteria.

Anna

Overall Broward College is a good school. It's a community college so you can't expect it to all the typical college amenities. I feel for gettiing my AA this school can supply me with everything I need until I transfer to a university to get my BA.

Morica

Broward College is definitely a place for diversity and acceptance from walks of life. There are always planned activities every month for the students to participate in. Usually, the energy of the campus is at a low volume due to students constantly being in class on doing their best to get home. One of the things that I'm not too fond of at Broward College is the lack of interaction between the students. At times, you can see student by themselves or in a group, studying, talking or wasting time by preparing for their next class. Since the energy is usually low, student keep to themselves. Overall, Broward College is a pretty good community college and one I'd recommend to future students. It may need improvements but I can guarantee that by your first semester, you'll make a new friend(s).

Isabel

I came here after a semester at a private religious university, and this school, while not being on the pathway or in the perspective I had set for myself, turned out a lot better than I would have ever expected. I've met some wonderful professors, taken some great classes, made some good friends and overall learned more than I ever would've imagined.

Great! Very organized, teachers are always available and willing to help you.

Sharday

I've been at Broward College for less than a semester but I think that's enough time for me to know if I like it or not. I attend the Fort Lauderdale Center which is smaller than central campus in Davie. I enjoy the small class sizes, it makes the professors more personal.

I could not be happier with my choose in attending Broward College. I have gone to other colleges/universities and overall this has been my favorite. I love the class sizes, I just cannot learn in a stadium-style classroom. The classrooms here are about 25 students or less, allowing the professor to be able to teach one-on-one if needed. The classrooms are hands-on learning, not just learning off of a power point. I am taking my pre-reqs to get into nursing but I've only heard amazing things about the nursing program. Yes, it is difficult and competitive, but I expect nothing less from a college that is serious about education. I love this school so far, it makes learning a lot easier.

Damian

My overall opinion of the college is very good, It is a college with good qualities and a place to learn. Also, there are many extracurricular activities in the schools like clubs and meetings. Moreover, there are workshops for the entrepreneur students like me where they teach us how to make our idea become reality.

Kassadi

Broward College is a decent college given its location and academics. There could be a much greater variety of extracurricular activities such as sports and clubs offered at the college. The staff and students are helpful and friendly, we'll usually come together to help each other out.

Annicia

My opinion on Broward College is that it looks like and feel like a great school to go to. I'm very comfortable on campus and there's nice friendly people on campus to help you out, but my experience there has been great. I enjoy being on campus there.