Broward College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Broward College

Tessa

It’s a good and affordable school. So far I’ve had good teacher, who want their students to learn something and like to teach. I would recommend it to anyone, who doesn’t have much fiances and want to get a good education. Therefore, I happy that I attended it.

megan

Broward College Central Campus is a lovely renovate d campus with plenty of activity on site. The faculty and staff are friendly and helpful and accessible. The students here are from all backgrounds and of all ages. Broward College offers a variety of degree and non-degree programs.

Nikki

I love Broward College. As a dual enrollment student, having a BC campus so close to my high school is great. I love the classes I've had and my professors (both online and in class have been incredible.

Ruthann

Broward College is exactly what you’d expect of a community college. Broward has some after-class extracurriculars as well as decent class sizes. There is also sponsored events and easy availability to school facilities. There’s police protection on campus and edible cafeteria food. Overall I think Broward is a good school.

Chrysella

Wish we had more events for the students to interact with each other

Armin

It is a great college if you are committed to what you are doing. If you are willing to put in the effort it is surely a place where you can get your AA and then transfer to another college. College is college it really depends on the students and how they want to end up.

I think Broward College is a great place to start to get an AA . There are six campuses, I believe, but I only attend two of them. For the most part the campuses are very clean and the environment is nice. We have lots of activities and things for you to do.

Lianette

If I could describe my experience at Broward College in one word it would be, meritable. Both my humbling transformation into a young, mature adult and my knowledge of the importance of responsibility, was born at BC. As a student, though I had very little friends who attended with me, I never felt alone. There was always a counselor, professor or staff member who was more than happy to help me with any of my questions or concerns. I believe that I have flourished as an individual with my new life skills that BC has helped me obtain, and as I venture outside of the college, I feel proud to say that I am a Broward College Alumni.

Andreina

Broward College helps the students to soar and look for their future options. The College offers the opportunity to explore and find a new future, as a student who just moved, the college gave me the greatest welcome and has to educate me as a person. I am greatly satisfied with my experience and Broward Colleges makes a difference every day you go to class.

Jassmine

My overall opinion of my college is great. The campus is alive and active, people are friendly, my teachers are always available to me and student services is extremely informative. If there is an event going on, Student Services will let you know about it. There are many different organizations to join and the campus is very well manicured but still relaxed and laid back. My particular campus is very centrally located and therefore there are many stores close to the campus. I am very happy with the choice I made to attend Broward College.

Beriath

The reps in the office such as admissions, financial aid, advising etc. are nice and helpful for the most part. My only concern with this campus is related to a common complaint I hear a lot from other students or previous students which is advisement.

Ximena

Good school to begin your dream career, expect Professors to be there for you! It is also ranked among the top 3 colleges in the nation by the Aspen Institute. They Offer over 140 programs on-campus and online, and have different campuses for easy access.

Ashanna

I love Broward College! This college gives me a chance of learning new things every day! It is also near my current residence. So convenient! Not too big on events, but certainly has the school spirit! Come join us at Broward College where you can build on your future, while have fun doing so!

Karina

Broward College has given me the opportunity of a lifetime. I have been a student since 2014, graduated with my Associates in Arts, and studied two careers. As of today, I am enrolled in the Bachelors program for Education. The professors are always eager to teach their students and the students are always available to help their classmates. Broward College has a safe environment. They have guards all over the campuses to help students in trouble. Broward College makes us feel like family. Whenever someone has personal problems, they can talk to a counselor on campus. Broward College’s goal is to make sure its students succeed in their field; to watch them graduate. They focus in providing the best classes and schedules available. There are plenty of resources on campus and time availability for every student. Broward College always makes sure the campuses are clean. I hardly ever see trash on the floor or dirty bathroom stalls. Overall, I have a good impression of Broward College. I would recommend the school to anyone that approaches me with school making decisions.

Melita

I've been attending Broward College for the past two years and I have no major complaints to speak of. They always have activities going on, as well as volunteer opportunities and clubs to join. The staff is good, from what I experienced, and will try to help you to the best of their abilities. The food choices are okay and there are other restaurants in the surrounding area. It is a pretty good school.

My overall opinion is that while they do provide a plethora of activities for the students to partake in, they also provide a spectacular learning environment and when a student needs extra help, they go above and beyond to make sure the students succeed.

Mz.Krissy B.

I love the culture and people for the most part between central campus and north campus everyone's pretty calm and cool very laid back bunch . Teachers are mostly friendly and always looking to help push you forward to your goals ,especially if they see your strong points .From the Art department to the Business department tons of fun to be had on campus and off . The campus is a great mix of races , caribbean , european , spanish and asian everyone's there and they help you to feel right at home .

Alexis

I love Broward College and the staff. Everyone who works there seems to want to see the students succeed and truly care. I thoroughly enjoy going to my classes and meeting my new professors each semester. The classroom environments are always welcoming and all of my professors have encouraged asking questions and participating in class discussions.

Alexcia

Its a cool school. i personally struggle because I want the college life, you know? Maybe some off campus housing or on campus housing? I do have a little trouble living with my parents still but its more of a personal thing. Broward College is a community college so i of course should expect what I get out of it. Sometimes Professors would rather you drive, take the bus or however way you get to school just for you to get there sweating, out of breath because you don't want to be late and see a flimsy paper blowing in the air hung up on the door saying: "Class has been canceled." That definitely could've been emailed the day before or earlier that day. Overall, it's okay. I still wish i could get the college life feeling.

MikiJay

extracurricular activities, Liturgical ministry (9-12) Peer ministry (10-12) Leader Becca’s closet (9-12) Vice President, President) Best buddies International (9-11) Key club (9-11) Paws for cause (9-12) She’s the first (9-12) Treasurer, Vice President Poetry club (9-12) President Fashion club (11-12) Maverick step team (9-10) President Pep rally club (11-12) Mav medicine (9-12) L.I.N.K crew (11-12) Leader

Desiree

I transferred to Broward College from a community college in my home state Michigan. I spent my spring semester and currently spending a summer semester at BC. Everyday I dreaded coming to class. My teachers were condescending and unhelpful. I felt as a burden to my professors and unwelcome to their office. In my first semester in Michigan at Kalamazoo Valley Community College I received a 4.0. However at Broward I struggled to maintain good grades and ended with a 3.72. Although I did not excel at BC, I am grateful because it pushed me to apply to my dream school. In the upcoming fall I am attending Florida International University where I can continue to strive academically and follow my dreams of becoming a Marine Biologist.

An Valerie

I was just recently accepted, but it seems like a great school. I like the environment especially at the Central Campus in Davie. They have a Dunkin Donuts inside the library! Also be prepared to work because it is a fairly challenging school but you should enjoy it though.

Annays

Broward College is an over all great community college, has a lot to offer for students like online help centers, plenty of tutors available and an abundance of resources on and off of campus. They try there best to accommodate as many students possible with long hours open to stay and use computes or library if needed. They also provide jobs with in the school need be.

Chanel

Though I am a dual enrolled student, I find that this college has provided me with a pleasant experience when it comes to the subject of colleges. Being that I am still a student attending high school, I am often the youngest among my classmates; however, my professors along with my classmates never fail to make me feel welcomed. The curriculum is challenging, but it is also doable at the same time. Overall, I would highly recommend this college for individuals looking to not only save money, but to advance their knowledge and education as well.

Angelique

Overall, the college is great. The class sizes are small and the education is amazing exceeding expectations as tuition is very economic. The staff is very friendly making every student feel welcomed. All of my professors made it extremely easy to reach out to them whenever I needed assistance.

I love it. While there is not ton to do, students and staff are very friendly. They are always available to help you in any way, shape or form. The classes are very interesting with great professors that will help you if you do not understand something. The dean of admission is also available if needed and keeps up with his student. Overall it's a good school with basic structures.

Felicia

Broward College is a great school. You get quality and quantity for your education. BC wants to see its students thrive. The professors are great and many actually care about their students. There are many extracurricular activities that occur on campus and they offer many free services. Overall BC is pretty great!

Gin

This maybe the best college for undecided majors. Compared to almost all other colleges it is much more affordable. The five different campuses help you get the type of schedules you want. Many of the professors are very helpful and qualified to teach. It is an over all really good place to attend.

Anabella

So far it is good enough for me to complete my AA. However, I do plan to transfer in about a year. I am currently 1 year into my stay here at Broward College, and I have had a lot of help and motivation along the way. The faculty is very supportive. Its safe to say I do feel encouraged, and I will be successful.

maria

I think is a very good college to start

Derick

It's a great college and VERY convenient for anyone who wants to go back to school to finish their education or even for those who have just graduated from high school to pursue further in their lives. It is VERY also welcoming no matter of race, color or ethnicity anyone is welcome to attend this college. I would definitely recommend this college to anyone who may be interested in going back to school or is about to graduate. from their high school.

Chasity

I take three classes at Broward College and I am a Dual Enrollment student. My professors fairly helpful and are pretty chill, I never feel overwhelmed, and whenever I need someone I can easily find someone. The campus is pretty small and old but the education you get is wonderful.

Desiree

Good School to complete your gen eds at... Wouldn't stay for all four years. Great social studies department and professors are there to help! I would recommend going to the South of Downtown Center for school. Way more relaxed and organized than North Campus. Inexpensive and good quality education!

Cassandra

For me I honestly think Broward College feels like a high school. Its not big at all and most students on the campus know each other from high school. The class rooms are small which is a good thing because their is more of a one on one interaction between teachers and students. Some teachers really are here to teach you and help you understand while others just go through the work without paying much attention to the student. On campus we have labs for different subjects; meaning we can get tutored or ask for help. For Broward college students this is free! there are always some type of activity being thrown by different clubs.

Mya

Honestly its a good school but sometimes they get fees messed up billing students that it's not even for. Some teachers have attitudes but then others are sweet but they all get the job done. The people in the main office sometimes give false information and it kind of sucks that they aren't open on Saturdays. What happens to the students that have Saturday classes and have questions or problems; we have to wait until the weekday starts. Other than that its it's a overall good clean school

kasandra

I am currently a student, they provide great resources for students who work and have children, they are fair and organized for the size of the school. Cleanliness is a plus. Broward college allows all students to express their selves in one form or another.The layout for the school makes it enjoyable to be out doors enjoying the weather regardless of temperature. They provide multiple campuses for continence for students within those areas. They offer a variety of degrees to allow students to start and form an idea of a career that is best suited for them. Being at Broward College has made my experience enjoyable.

Aaron

For a community college, it offers more than expected, and is a great place to start your secondary education.

Ria

I really enjoy my time at both central and south campus. I do prefer south better because I did meet my favorite professors there and made great friends there, as well. I can honestly say that I am having a successful college career because I am passing my classes with A's and that is due to the professors take their time to explain and go over the material thoroughly. My major at South campus is Paralegal Studies. I am currently working towards my associates. First and foremost, the assignments are clear, but challenging. I do enjoy the challenge because that is how you learn and grow. The topics taught in class are interesting and makes you think outside of the box. There are many discussions in class. The professors do tell stories to help you remember the chapters easier. Additionally, the professors are easy to talk to, approachable and they genuinely care about the students. I had one professor that said he will stay in the class and explain the topic until you understand even if it is midnight. He understood that the assignment he gave us is confusing and was willing to go over it with us over and over again. All of my professors are or were attorneys. In regards to meeting with the professors outside of the classroom, they will work with your schedule. I had one professor who was kind enough to go over an entire chapter with me because I missed a day and I had many questions on the chapter. We scheduled a time to meet in his office and he explained everything to me clearly. In addition, the professors also take our time into consideration when they are arranging the course time and days. They know that everyone has a busy schedule. Our classes are scheduled in the afternoons. They do try to make the courses interesting considering that the students are tired from a long day. The campuses are clean and safe. One night my car has issues starting up. My car needed a jump start. I decided to ask the campus safety patrols and luckily they had a car battery charger. My car started and I was very happy! There are police officers there at night to make sure the students are safe.

Maria

Broward College is often denigrated by people just because it is considered a community college. What people don't see however is the amount of advantage you can take from it. For example, you can get the same credits for less than half of the price in a big university and then transfer them. Broward College is a very good school you just have to know how to exploit your options and opportunities!!

Renan

It's a very decent college. There are numerous events that occur here to get the students involved. There is a subway and a pizza hunt, so you don't have to leave the campus to get food. Moreover, there are a variety of teachers at Broward College. Some teachers could be mediocre, or some teachers could be amazing!

Daniel

Broward Community College provides higher education and technical and occupational training for the citizens of Broward County, its district by law. As the first public higher education institution in the county, Broward Community College functions as the principal provider of undergraduate higher education for the residents of Broward County. As one of the 28 public community colleges in the Florida system, Broward Community College is designed to be a community-based institution that offers a comprehensive range of programs responsive to changes in the community and in technology. Where appropriate, these programs are articulated with the public school system, area vocational schools, and upper-level institutions to ensure that students can move smoothly from one system to another. Through this wide variety of degree and certificate programs and continuing education courses, the college attracts a great diversity of students, including individuals planning to complete a bachelor's degree program, people seeking to acquire job-entry skills, employees desiring to upgrade skills for promotion or career change, and individuals seeking education for their personal enrichment. From high school students who enroll in a course to accelerate their college education, to retirees who return to education after decades devoted to other pursuits, a multitude of age groups is represented at Broward Community College. These culturally diverse students span the learning spectrum from developmental to gifted. The college's programs and services are designed to serve the community by meeting the higher education needs of all these individuals. Serving as the principal entry-level institution for higher education in its district, the college is also: a source of cultural enrichment; a resource for community development, business, and industry; and an avenue for continued skill upgrading enhancement and retraining. As a public comprehensive community college, the college serves well its role as a significant segment of America's higher education effort.

Loverson

Great school to start before transferring to a University. Professor are here to teach, help student in succeeding in their education. School even have on and off campus tutoring. Online tutoring are 24 hours which is very convenient for most student that have a full time job.

Charis

Broward College is great, very familiar and friendly. The classes seem to be very respectful and productive. The professors are respectful and intelligent, always learning something new from them. The campus is very clean and friendly. The food is great.

Jobcie

I personally love Broward College and I feel completely safe there. The professors are all so kind and they all try to ensure their students success. The class sizes were more than I expected and clean. Lastly, the people there are nice and you will feel right at home.

Jahnyra

I enjoy Broward college and have learned a lot by the helpful staff. If you want a great college to attend then this one in Florida is top priority. The campus is safe and calm and you have access to multiple resources. You never feel alone as their are many groups that you can hang out with and awareness to different news that'll keep you updated.

Marisa

Broward college is a good schools with great professors! Broward college has a variety of majors with a lot of class options. Their online college is very well done with numerous classes to choice from and good professors. The campus is beautifully kept and maintained.

Haley

Whether you're at the central campus or any of the other many campuses, you will always find a professional environment at Broward College. I am a current student-athlete, and have encouraged three of my other friends to join me at Broward. I recommend the college to every one!

christina

Broward college sucks ass. The financial aid office sucks them dumb bitches don't know crap but work for the school they so rude. Broward college will make you take unnecessary classes to keep you there longer but don't wan tot give you financial aid. I advise everyone to go to a university after high school.

I really enjoy Broward College, not only is it THE cost-effective choice compared to other public 4-year colleges but also an extremely effective choice when it comes to education and furthering it . I know that eventually I would have to leave Broward College after receiving my (AA) degree and move on to complete my bachelor's degree in psychology at another school, but part of me doesn't want to move on from this amazing school.

Christopher

For a community college, I believe Broward College is very good. It has amazing staff and is easy to navigate around. The teachers are very thorough in their subjects and are understanding of the students. I can also study very well at the library, it has more than enough accessible resources.