Broward College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Broward College

Biljana

I ❤️ Broward college

Christina

It's okay, I've went around the campus , its really big sometimes its kind of confusing to get around. But when i spoke to people around there, they talk with respect and they're very nice. I can see myself at that school. I haven't met the professors yet but i'm sure they're just as nice as the students

Rema

Broward College is affordable. It is a great starting point for future educational plans you have in store for you. I have met great teachers and found a lot of individuals who I connected with. Their resources is outstanding and they provide free tutoring service for enrolled students if needed.

Nathaly

Broward College is a high-quality school for achieving an AA degree. The school meets a high standard in academics and offers 2-year and 4-year programs. Also, the tuition cost is one of the most affordable in Florida. Most professors dedicate a lot of effort to teaching their classes.

Jantanies

At first I thought that this school wasn't going to be that good enough for me and I was embarrassed to attend. Now, I'm very comfortable here. The resources are very much appreciated. Staff and student life are definitely friendly and has great social skills.

Alicia

This is a good school for beginning students. This college provides you with all the tool you need to transfer to your major university after two years of attending. You'll learn from the mistakes you've made, and since this was a community college, it isn't really expensive to retake classes. Just do your best, and enjoy a easy beginning for a long road ahead.

Alisa

I feel like the academics at Broward College are highly underestimated. The professors here are highly qualified and I have received a great education. I am getting just my AA degree here and I think that this school has given me a great head start for my next two years in college. Also, the diversity found here is like no other school.

brianna

It's a nice school especially for how cheap the classes are compared to a university. Though it's definitely a school that needs some work. For example the cafeteria could use some work maybe a larger seating area and more options to choose from when it comes to food. Also the parking definitely needs help, it could use a whole other parking spot maybe even a parking garage but other than that the school is nice.

Laura

Broward College is the kind of school that offers you any opportunity you're willing to take. I went from a high school drop out with no prospects to an excellent student with several leadership positions, and now I'm going to the University of Florida. The school fosters a sense of possibility, you just have to be willing to put in the work.

It’s such an underrated school. People give it such a bad reputation for no reason. Broward College will open so many doors for you. Most of the faculty are amazing educators who actually care. There are so many clubs and it’s so easy to become involved in activities. If you want to go there school, but don’t want to get in debt, BC is the school.

Luna

Before I started broward college I was taking class I didn’t need to be in the nursing program. They sat down with me and told me I’m just a couple of class away from joining the program. I joined and this was the best thing I’ve done. It is challenging but the professors and students are amazing and supportive. This is the central campus, I love the activities and the campus. I do drive far just to get there but it’s worth it.

jayda

broward college central campus seems very nice and I cant wait to start my education there in fall of 2017. I love that they have a jamba juice because I love there juice also the staff and students seem very nice and welcoming. the campus is very clean which is a plus for me.

Darnel

Coming from high school where a community college education was spoken about in hushed tones, I am proud to say I am a Seahawk at Broward College. My school has afforded me opportunities that I would have never seen going to a 4-year public or private institution. The resources available that bolster academic success are plentiful. I've met both residential and international students that have expanded my world view and fostered positive intercultural experiences. The events that my Honors college provide are incredibly insightful for inquisitive young minds like me. Going to Broward College has been the best decision I've made out of high school and I am confident after receiving my Associate's degree and pursuing my bachelor's at a nearby public institution that I am ready for the opportunities the world after education has to offer.

Adalberto J.

My overall opinion on Broward College is an on-growing college blooming in front of our eyes. Faculty are work with professionalism and show a real passion for working with students. B.C (Broward College), shows that anyone can make it work professional careers while having fun. We need more colleges like this that gives fantastic support to their students and the community as a whole.

Mia

I am currently a full-time dual-enrolled student at Broward College. So far, I have really enjoyed my time here. I can't speak for all campuses, but nearly everyone at North campus is welcoming. The environment is very friendly, and the Student Life is extremely helpful. Most people come here to complete their AA degree, or to join a technical track (nursing is very popular here). All-in-all, I'm very glad to be a part of Broward College.

Broward college is good environmentally , there are a lot of activities for students to take part in without always focusing on the academically part of it , I really like how they get the students involved in the latest updates and the professors are helpful and willing to work with you to help u understand certain concepts.

Kristina

Broward college is a good school to get started on your AA degree, although it does not have many programs for the next step there is plenty to do and much to learn while you're there. The advisers are always there to help out and help guide you on your path to make sure you get that degree you're seeking

Tatiana

Broward College is an amazing environment to grow in and to discover your major. There are also amazing professors who truly want to see you succeed. There are plenty of resources to help those who are confused on what exactly they'd like to major in and there are many opportunities through events to meet like minded people and create lasting friendships.

Francheska

Broward College is a very relaxing campus. The campus size is not too big, so it is easy to get to your classes. The library is within walking distance of the campus. The faculty and staff are friendly. The teachers are always available 24/7 to help the students with any questions they may have. They respond within the next 3-4 minutes.

Broward College is a great school for anyone looking on getting their associates degree for an affordable price. It is a smart way to get the degree in a way that won't put you in large amounts of debt. The academics are great, and the professors are very helpful and communicate very well. Overall it is a great school if you are getting started in school for the first time or even going back after taking a break. They have more than one campus which have a subway and dunkin donuts and is nearby many shops and food stores. As for clubs they have many clubs that are a great way for the students to get to know one another and to get involved and further the education more than just in the classroom. The students are very friendly and from my experience it was great to be able to exchange numbers with other students with the same major so that they could give their advice on different professors and ways to get involved with the major that you are in so that you can advance yourself and use your resources. A part of broward college that could use some help would be in the advising department. Honestly, they do hear you, but they don’t really listen, and they are not very attentive to the students. Also, there has been problems with financial aid and telling you one thing to your face and different thing the next time, so it can be confusing. Overall the school is great, and I would highly recommend it to anyone especially those who may not be able to afford school and want loans that aren’t a lifetime to pay off.

Desmond

This year is my first year in college, and what I think of Broward College is that it’s pretty good so far. I just finished my first semester, and this is just the beginning of me being a college student. I really can’t give my overall view about this school because I just started, and I didn’t get a chance to see full experience. Broward College is not just one big campus, it splits into several different campuses across Broward County. I currently attend the Central and the South Campus. Both campuses are also large for a community college. When I first started at Broward College, it was very diverse, and I’ve seen many people. So far, it’s a very good school and so far, I didn’t really have no problem with anybody during my first semester of college. All my classes are pretty good, I’ve passed all of them. The professors are nice and easy, but very strict about work. I mean, I can’t really say nothing bad because this is my first year and I just can’t give out a good or bad review. I still have a long way to go and this just the beginning. I know as I continue into my second semester, it’s not going to be easy. This first semester was just a start for me and to get myself together. But right now, this is just only the beginning and I still have a lot to learn but, so far everything is going very good.

Falanda

Broward college is a great way to start college. I am attending BC for 2 years to get my associates and then transfer, I personally think that it was a great choice. It is a really good idea to start community college before going in to a university, you save money and there are many more perks. Broward is a good way to go, as long as your mind is in tact and you know what you want.

Melanye

I believe Broward College is not only an inexpensive but a well ambient college where students can put their learning capabilities to the test. Broward College gives students the best opportunities to further themselves into their careers and into their future. Although not everything is perfect, Broward College strives to bring the very best to their students. I wouldn't think twice about going to Broward College, if you are a student who needs quality education at a low cost Broward is the college for you.

victoria

BC is overall a great school with many choices for degrees and the cost is reasonable for Florida residents. The atmosphere has some great enthusiastic people that are engaging for certain groups and clubs offered. There are many choices for food and hang out areas while waiting for your next class and so far each of my professors have been amazing and supportive!! I'm happy to be part of this college!

Sasha

Broward College is a great school for prerequisites. As for Nursing, before getting into the program, you are ofcourse told that it is a very difficult program to be in and that the rewards in the end would be worth the struggle. But After getting into the Nursing program, you will immediately feel how taxing it is on your life. You will realize that a lot of what is being taught is extremely outdated and unnecessary. Instructors will show student how to do one skill ONE time and will expect you to be an expert instead of taking the time to really make sure that each of their own students know what they’re doing. We instead teach ourselves and seek the knowledge elsewhere knowing that EACH instructor has different preferences and you have to be careful not to stroke their ego too hard. Everyday you will find yourself wishing you had taken out that 35-40k loan and went to a University instead. Sure BC Nursing grads are quite smart and prepared but that’s all due to the students perseverance and self taught knowledge that you WILL not get from your instructors. Where you Graduate DOES NOT matter, don’t let them tell you otherwise. As long as you get your license, where you apply is all up to your own personality and your grit. So if BC is all that you can afford make sure that you are 1000% dedicated and prepared mentally and physically for what this program requires of you. But if you have the choice of going elsewhere and you know Nursing is for you STAY FAR AWAY from this program. You will find yourself entering this program with 170 people and by the second semester only 50 of you will have stayed. Nursing is generally not an easy program anywhere you go but go where you are going to be taught and nourished with knowledge instead of being left in a hole feeling like there’s no way through( like in Broward College Nursing Program). I’m still a student here so no this isn’t some grudge I’m spreading but a warning for future future nursing students who want to succeed and not be discouraged by a school like this. Good day and I hope this helps.

Broward College is a great stepping stone for your education! Easy to get your associates and then guarantee a transfer to a FL University. Many campus locations throughout Broward County, and an online campus, to make getting your degree extremely easy and accessible.

julie

Broward College is a great place to learn and obtain a degree. The faculty members are very professional and always here to help us learn and achieve more. The tuition fees are affordable. The library is huge and tutors always present to help out. I love BC!!

Aneisha

Broward College is a good community college in my opinion. When I first started I didn't know what I wanted to do but lucky the advisors were there to help me. The library is very big and has most everything that I need for my subjects. the tutors were always helpful.

Filesha

Broward College is a community college and people usually come to this school to get their associates. I wouldn't recommended finishing all four years at this school. The experience at Broward College has been an okay experience. I am able to learn and I have access to libraries books, computers, and tutors for any subject. As long as you come to the school and stay on top of your class assignments and study then you should be fine. In this school you really have to teach yourself for every subject, which is something I don't mind. There are a lot of teachers at this school who have many different styles of teaching, some are good and some are bad. As for safety, there are some security guards on the campus but I do feel that more is needed because of the large number of students who come to this school.

Louren

My overall opinion of Broward College is wonderful. The professors I've had are wonderful and they are always ready to engage in conversation with students and listen to their ideas and help them when needed. The campus is always clean and people are always around waiting to help if you need it. There is also always music playing on the walk way which makes broward college very student-friendly.

Kevin

very bed to attend classes at.

Shania

Broward College is an amazing place to start off your college education because it is affordable. You can always do the 2+2 program and transfer to any university. It's a good place to figure out what you want to do in life if you're undecided in your career.

Tamia

It is a great institution that provides endless opportunities for its students.

Sashauna

I started at Broward my first year, fresh out of high school to help me get accustomed to college life. It is an easy commute from my house to campus and the professors are very active and they help you out as much as they can with your coursework. By far, Broward College has made my college experience easier than I intended it to.

Destanee

I love Broward College! They have great scholarship opportunities! It's a great start for your college career. The teachers are great and very nice and caring. There are many opportunities like community involvement, internships, study abroad opportunities, etc. I LOVE BC!!

Maria

Broward College is an amazing community college to get your Associate's Degree at. The professors are usually willing to help you with any questions you have and the library has endless resources you can use to ace your class. Overall a really great school that I highly recommend especially for their dedication to produce professionals.

Sara

Is very good for students that just graduate from college either from the US or from abroad like myself. The professors are great, helpful, generous, caring and attentive. The school is well equipped, all the material we need to work is available and in good condition.

Bryanna

I used to have a negative opinion on community colleges but Broward College definitely changed my opinion. This college has many resources on and off campus and the advisors are here to help you. I haven’t had a negative experience here thus far but overall Broward College is decent.

Haya

I think Broward College is Perfect for everything, they provide great facilities, yummy Food, professional Teachers, clean environment and last but not the least perfect education for students. Broward Collage tries to give their students a perfect bowl of education.

Kendria

Needs improvement. The college doesn't provide enough involvement or resources. The teachers are not actively involved in the success of students. There is not enough organizations and activities. The college could have a better support system. The deans should learn to be a voice for the students not just defend the teachers.

Duby

Broward College is an accredited college that offers excellent higher education programs. Broward College teachers are very knowledgeable and always make sure students are learning and improving their learning techniques. I really enjoyed my experience at Broward College, I graduated with my Associates degree there and I highly recommend it.

Jenelle

I believe for broward college being a community college is a great school. I attend the central campus where we have building 19 that provides everything we need and the rest of our campus that has our classes. The library is very big providing many books, tutoring, etc. As for classes teachers are there to help you learn and are always available.

aisha

Broward College is a place of redemption. They are helpful and strive to make sure you reach your goals. I love it!

Erika

Attending this college has been quite an experience for me. Everyone is encouraged to get involved in the many activities available which are usually at the larger campuses. With every course I always take away something valuable at the end of the semester. There are a couple areas I feel could use improvement such as advising along with the science programs which don't necessarily have the best teachers whether it's their concern for safety or how they communicate in their lectures.

Broward College has different campuses like Central, North, and South. I've spent a lot of my time interchanging between both the Central and North campus for my prerequisites. I have heard about their on-campus housing from a few friends and was told it wasn't so bad, but I much prefer off-campus housing. The surrounding areas in Central campus (Davie) has quite a few good eateries and North campus is about 20 minutes from the beach! The class sizes are roughly 20-30 students and Broward College does offer online classes. There are actually some good professors at this school who make sure you understand and obtain the knowledge needed to pass the class. The students, a lot of whom are adults rather than the average college student age, are all pretty friendly. Central is a much better campus, appearance, and size wise, than North. Overall, Broward College is a pretty good and very affordable school.

Broward College is a very wonderful school. Many of the students are very kind and open to having conversations with newcomers. The professors are also very welcoming and helpful. I have had a few times where I needed help and my teachers answered my questions quickly and clearly. Broward College has a very safe and fun environment with many unique areas where students can chat, and express themselves freely. The other staff is also very helpful when answering questions and giving help to students. Overall I believe that Broward College is a wonderful school and I am proud to be a student of Broward College.

Jonathan

Broward College is a great to attend for those looking for excellent education on the inexpensive side. There are plenty of extracurricular activities, clubs, and organizations to partake in and join. Amazing scholarships are readily available for those in need. In my time, I have predominantly had great professors; but like most colleges, there are exceptions. BC is involved with a variety of sports for those interested. The faculty is very friendly and is willing to help during and after office hours.

Bethuel

Great school!

Joyce

Broward College isn't the most gorgeous school out there, but it is decent. I am only here for a transfer degree and that is it. So the moment I graduate I am out. I do not want to spend any more necessary time in there. The professors and students are pretty friendly and well respected. The campuses are rarely bustling with events but there are some.

Soniya

It is a very good college where i learn everyday and i would recommend othe students come here and explore their career.