Broward College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Broward College

Gabriel

In my opinion Broward College is pretty nice college. Big part of the students are latin people or song of lating parents. I have personally had very good teachers for the courses I have taken. And, specifically, Broward College has a great architecture program as well as great professor related to this major.

Sophie

I believe Broward college is a great institution for people who are there to learn and to be educated about certain parts of the Criminal Justice system. It has a great Police Academy giving students the opportunity to become part of the law enforcement. Also they give opportunities to people like me to be dual enrolled with high school and college at the same time.

Broward College in my opinion was a great college. The student life is very diverse so you never feel like a minority. They have clubs for any and everyone. There are different campuses but I went to Central and North and I loved it. The food is OK nothing to brag about but there is a lot of places to eat around and both campuses are close to a mall. Teachers are pretty great read reviews first but I never had a teacher I completely hated. Most are nice and willing to help and some are more fun then others. The resources and library are amazing and very helpful and they are also by dunkin donuts where you can have study groups all night. There is no on campus housing.

chanelle

Broward College is overall a pretty good college. Due to it being a fairly small college and also available to dual enrollment, it does lack the true college experience feel. The campus can feel very cramped some days, however the variety of people is good for when a student wants to branch out. It feels homey due to the small classes but still learning at a college academic level, for less money.

Broward college is a safe place to come and learn. The professors are always available and willing to help with extra assignments or extra help. I have never seen a better college! I come to class on time and sometimes even earlier for extra help from professors. Other students are very nice and cooperative as well.

Kearra

Broward College is one of the best colleges I have ever attended so far. The professors there are so heartfelt and are really there for every single one of their students. They don't make assignments and test too difficult and always make sure it is based on what we have learnt and read throughout the semester. This is an amazing institution!

eric

Broward collage was the perfect collage for me. mostly because it is about a 15 minute walk from my house. it had everything i needed for my AA degree. setting up my schedule was simple. the food was all right you had a Dunkin Doughnuts onsite alongside subway and pizza hut.

I love my college. The instructors are all so great and understanding. I would recommend my school to anyone. We also have many campuses all around, the campus I’m at is really close to my house. I used to go to one of the bigger campuses. There’s also a lot of programs to get into. For example, I’m in PTK, phi theta kappa. This is an honors society.

Eric

It was a good school to start my college career in, but I am ready to further my education elsewhere. Not that the school is bad or insufficient, but personally I don’t think their film scene is strong enough to not only support me but to also launch me forward in my career path.

Rebeca

Broward College is a great place to attend, they give you guidance, they give out amazing scholarships applications, and whatever your situation is (no matter the drastic changes) they are willing to help you work around them. My experience and time here is the best and still continues to be.

Wadnise

Well I really don’t know because this will be my first year. But I have visited the campus many of times and I feel very welcome and safe. Everyone get help and they listen to the problems I have with my account. I’m happy to attend school at Broward College.

Candice

I love this school, it really gives me the university feel! it is definitely a step up from high school just as jr. high is a step from elementary, and kindergarten is a step up from Pre-k. The teachers are great! They are fair and they care. Although i did have a run in with a horrible teacher but I switched out asap!

Danna

Well keep and safe environment. I go to central campus, very friendly staff and amazing advisor. Greet place to go, you have study labs and always a place turn for everything. The school even offerpersonal therapy (for students only) but I highly recommend this campus!!

It’s great, I love the instructors. They are really understanding. I got into a severe car accident a little over two years ago and the disability services are amazing. Although I haven’t really used or needed to use them they are readily available and I’m so thankful that I have the opportunity to use them.

Krystal

They are very good academically. Student life center and those who work within it keeps the students interactive and involved. Very well kept school, the talk about the school can be negative and underestimated, but I say all things considered it is a very nice school, and I appreciate the teachers and the help provided in the library.

Alicia

It is a great college for the price and they do have more rigorous academics than other local colleges have. That said, when you do enter into high level subjects; Calculus, Biology for majors, Organic Chemistry, etc.. the quality of education and teachers dips dramatically. Specifically for organic chemistry there are only two excellent teachers, biology cannot be taken on any other campus but Central or you will have wasted your credit points and dollars. Calculus has 4 brilliant teachers in total for all their campuses.

The college is quite good, and even though I did not want to join the first place, I have truly enjoyed it and learned a lot. Professors are always willing to help and always available, as well as very kind and respectful. Tuition is good, not too cheap, not too expensive. It is good for someone who works. Academics are high quality and sports are quite good too. A really good investment.

Andressa

Broward College is a great start for those who can't afford paying for a University! Classes are very affordable yet the teachers are great and classes are well structured. They also offer various resources so that students are able to succeed in their classes!

Raynell

My overall opinion of Broward College is that the student life there is interesting. The students are allowed the pre-requisites and further education. This allows students to still get an education without the expansive class sizes that allow only the students in the front to hear and engage in to lecture of that particular day .

Shaina

I believe it is a great school. It provides many programs and everything you can think of, there is always something there for you. Whether it s central, South or southwestern, there are many thing you can choose to finally find yourself. These campuses are beautiful and great place to communicate with others.

Christopher

I believe Broward College is a great two college to then later transfer to a larger 4 year school. Their online program is very well built and easy to use. The professor do show that they care that their students pass and succeed. It is a little hard to talk to a counselor for advise on what to do next to continue to progress, but once you are able to get a hold of one they are very courteous and patient.

Stephania

I would consider Broward College the elite of transfer/community colleges. It has recently become a 4 year institution because of some amazing programs that are offered. For example, I work with people that are doing the 4 year teaching Bachelor's program. They get certified in many things and will graduate with no debt. The campus is beautiful and when I saw other community colleges I felt like BC was a luxury!

Melanie

I really like it even though some parts might need some remodeling also maybe changing where some students or professors park because sometimes it’s just very inconvenient for everyone involved on campus. Campus WiFi needs some fixing it has a very poor connection on certain parts on campus

Thomika

My overall opinion of Broward College is that it’s definitely a great start. Starting off at Broward College will ease the stress in gaining college experience. At most universities, the campus size and classrooms are extremely large which causes students to be lost around campus and reduces the interaction with your professors in the classrooms. At Broward College, there is a better chance that your professors will know who you are and your professors can manage to answer certain questions that you might have during lectures. Many students start at BC then transfer to a university of their choice or students can obtain certifications and stop their journey at BC. The college is open to all students who meets the requirements for enrollment, there is always staff on campus who are willing to help with any questions or concerns you might have. Moreover, there are many clubs and organizations that are offered on campus. You might find clubs that meet your personal interest and get the chance to interact with fellow students and meet new people. However, at BC there is no housing so you must commute to campus. Also, the food options on campus could use some improvement, BC lacks in that area because there isn’t many options to choose from when finding something to eat for lunch. Nevertheless, the resources and guidance is unmatched. The library and tutoring service will always be at second hand for students who find trouble with their coursework. All in all, Broward College is a great school and the opportunities will be store for all future students.

Kareen

I love attending Broward College. I learned that a school can teach you a lot. Broward College is big in making sure each student succeeds.

Alayna

This is a great school for two year commitments. Many students stay at Broward College then transfer to a bigger university in the future. Some students are even able to complete the nursing program. There are also opportunities to earn certain bachelors that cost much less than a big university. This community college is very welcoming to all types of students. There is a very diverse population of students, a high school on campus that attends regular college classes, many opportunities for high school dual enrollment, and accommodations for the disabled. An amazing thing that the school does is put on events a couple times a month to celebrate student life. The directors of the event do a really great job with the food, activities, and decorations. There is an on campus cafeteria that has a plethora of foods to try. It includes incredible staff that cook the food every day. There is even a Pizza Hut and Subway that makes fresh food! Since Broward College is a community college, there are no official on-campus housing. But, because a university is so close to the campus, there are many buildings that will house a community college student. The academics at the school are like every other school. There are great professors and bad professors, but they all do their jobs on time. As an official high school student on a college campus, I thought I would never find a place there, but Broward college has started to feel like my home and I can't wait to go back!

Nayelle

I really like Broward College a lot. All of my teachers are passionate about their chosen subject to teach and are very charismatic about it. There are many extracurricular activities that students can job like the Psychology club, Food for Thought, LGBTQ, and etc. Currently, I'm planning on doing my first two years at Broward College and finishing at a university, but I honestly don't want to ever leave Broward College. If there was a social work program there, I would stay there for all four years.

Quincy

Overall, I very much enjoy Broward College. I feel that the college does an extraordinary job at preparing students for their continual education path. The school also offers many extracurricular that allows students to socialize and work together to complete a unified goal. Even, I personally have gotten active and help start the new and first chapter of the NAACP at Broward College. Professors and staff works together to create a caring and mind stimulating environment allowing students to nurture their own personal identities and create a pathways for themselves. At the end of the day Broward College is a breeding ground for great minds and the future generations of our world.

Emilee

Broward College is a great, affordable place to start your education. It may not be the top of the top but Broward College has some incredible professors that have become networks for the future. Also, there is plenty to do there, from killing some time in the huge library on Central Campus, to meeting with friends and playing video games in their game room at Student Services. Also, they have good food from several different restaurants including Subway, Dunkin Donuts, Chicken Kitchen, etc. Overall and including academics, a great school for the price.

Carlos

It's a great place to start so you can claim your AA degree and travel to any college you want to attend. The facility is very friendly and there is always events going on. There's always something to do at Broward College and it's encouraged to participate in their activities.

Wendy

Broward College is a great school to attend. There is a lot of student involvement and cultural diversity that can be seen with each event the college sets up. Professors are willing to make their known their availability to students and are very helpful (with a few exemptions). Overall, students learn a lot in the classroom and enjoy being on campus.

Wilmide

I think it’s a good school because I hear a lot of people talking about and I go visit before and love it.

Zhane

I love the professors at Broward College. Every professor that I’ve had has always given second chances and are not out to fail students. They really care about teaching students new material and go out of their ways to make sure that every students passes. I haven’t seen any altercations during my time at Broward College. It is very peaceful and this is what college should feel like. One thing that I would say needs improvement is the pricing of the food. Students are already paying to go to school. I feel as if the food should be cheaper so that students can afford to eat.