Salina, KS
Brown Mackie College-Salina

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Brown Mackie College-Salina

Brenda

I'm not sure what they are best known for. I just moved to Kansas last October and thought Brown Mackie College would be the quickest way to acheeve my goals and start working as an LPN this summer while continuing toward my goal of becoming a registered nurse.

Taking one class at a time makes it easier to acheeve my short term goals, per class of getting all A's. The instructors are very informative. I look forward to achieveing my goal of becoming a register nurse and look forward to returning to health care and providing the best care I can for my patients. I also want to further my education and become a Nurse Practitioner in the future.

I would start my teaching myself how to make short term goals. Semester by semester, class by class. I would tell myself that my grades and attendance in high school will help me be able to get into a college to acheive my goal to becoming a nurse. When I do go into college, it is going to be hard to stay on task to complete the goal, but if I stay focoused, then I will be able to complete this long term goal. This goal will help me provide for my family better and give me a great sense of accomplishment. The hard work will pay off, building a great foundation for the future. Following your dreams help you maintain a great out look on the future and you can become anything you put your mind to.

Teresita

Brown Mackie College is a school full dedicated teachers and faculties that are willing to help students reach their goals, willing to dedicate their time and energy to students that need more time to grasp the learning tools for example: a students has not been in school for 10 years and it be a first time for her/him in school and the teacher would help that students until he/she finally understood the material, and also this school has everything from teachers that teach students on how to handle money, individual that help fyou find a job and such.

The advice I would give myself was to graduate high school and put aside or not to involve or get into any relationship. And while in high school I would tell myself to save, save, save money for college and have a good grades. I would tell myself to go to college right away and get a good degree and to ask for my families support.

Any kind of person all over the world, and a graduate student from high school. Anybody attend at brown mackie college should focus and to study hard since college is not a joke Finish what you started and never give up. Have to be a dedicated person and have the motivation, willing to sacrifice, since going to school is not an easy task, any person that step into this college should really finish what they started and their motive to come to this college. Any person that goes to school has to have energy and put school as first choice.

Ruth

With utmost certainty, the thing I could not stress enough, is the importance of continuing immediately after high school. I would have to let myself know the struggle that she would endure by waiting 34 years. I would have to put emphasis on how time could become her worst enemy and she could nearly be left behind. The overwhelming emotions that would come form the very depths of her soul when she stood on a campus with students thirty years younger surrounding her. I would try to convey how much soul searching she would encounter. I would have to also let her know that having her family was not a wrong decision, but one that should have been made a little later. Education would have given her a tool to use in their care and helped her provide for them better. Last I would have to tell her, your father is wrong. Education is for everyone not just boys. My dear self, Prince Charming comes in the form of a degree. would have liked to have known before, but it would not have changed my choice.

I have been away from the academic world for 34 years. Brown Mackie has a unique program that offers a class a month. With this you only have to concentrate on one thing at at time. However this means that all the classes are accelerated. Sometimes this is a struggle to keep up. You have to learn how to utilize concentrated study time. The accelerated classes is something I would have liked to have known before, but it would not have changed my choice.

Brown Mackie is a small campus college. One of the main frustrating things is the parking. The college office is working on the problem and it will be corrected in the near future. I feel that if the only frustrating thing that I can come up with is the parking, they must be doing something right.

I would tell myself to go on to college. I always thought back when I was a senior that I shouldnt go it would be a waste of money because I have no idea what I want to do. Now I would go back and tell myself to go and at least get some general studies out of the way. I would also tell myself that if I ran out of general studies to go ahead and go into a major, I could have always changed to something else in the future if I wanted to.

I wish I would have known about some of the blended classes. I was told that I would have school on Monday, Tuesdays, and Thursdays. For my blended classes sometimes I have class on Wednesdays also.

How much the tuition costs. I could go to a different school and get my schooling for a third of the cost then I can at Brown Mackie.

If I could go back to the day we were deciding what we wanted to be and what to apply for I would have taken the time to realize the difference between my hobbies and what I love to do. Brown Mackie is my second choice of schools having attended college once before and ending up really hating it I took the time to look back at what I have accomplished in my years of working and planned out college a little different. I really don't think anyone goes to college knowing what they want to be at first. I think that even taking some time off or just going to college for general classes is a smart thing to do first. You can then ask other students what they think and see the different courses and studies for yourself. This keeps you from getting burnt out in school and wasting time and money. You need to be happy with your schooling to enjoy your future.

It's not as cheap as the others schools I have looked into, but they have a great way of making it affordable and payments to make it easy.

Nathan

The dreaded FAFSA. Most students I know , including myself would rather take a 3-hour final than go through the FAFSA application process. Unfortunately, however, the FAFSA is important-thing-to-do for any and all students who wants or needs financial aid for the college academic year. One thing i wish i would of done better on is everything in highschool. My attitude, my ambition, and my desire to attend college and make something of myself. College takes alot of those 3 words I just said...Attitude, ambition and desire. Be ready to for the college life, take a good start early. Enroll in College courses your senior year, see where you stand. So you can be placed at the level you need to be in your first sememster of your college career. So if i could go back, id tell myself these things and take em to use.

There are multiple topics i brag about to my friends about my school. One is my scheduling, I get to focus on one class for a month. And the days classes are scheduled are Mon. Tues. & Thursday 8:30-12.

It's almost to small, somtimes i feel like im still in highschool. Everyone seems to know everything about you, just like highschool.

Crystal

Probably the most frustrating thing about my school would be the cost of books. Books in the book store are so overly priced. So you have to get the ISBN number in advance and try to find it online and have it shipped in time for your next class.

If i was able to go back in time and tell myself what I know now, I would tell myself to go on straight to college and not take anytime off. I would tell myself that it isn't easy and that it is alot of hard work. Make sure that you study every chance you get, and take lots of notes during class. Last of all I would tell myself to apply myself consistantly and enjoy every moment of it, because it goes by really fast.

My school is unique because we do one class a month. By taking only one class a month you learn at a faster pace which enables you to graduate faster and get your degree and begin with you career. Another thing that is great about it is that we have small classes, so you get more one on one time with you instructor. One last thing is that class is only three days a week so you can still work and go to school.

I worried so much in high school as far as the cost of college. I would advise myself to get more information on financial aid, instead of just giving up and saying college won't be for me. Now, 10 years after high school, I'm attending college classes and realizing my dream of becoming a college graduate. When I was a high school senior, I was also a new parent, so there was also fear that I wouldn't be able to juggle everything. Now, with 3 kids, a full time job and an entire household to manage single-handedly, it is so hard to accomplish the simple tasks. I will not say impossible! Nobody in my house says impossible. I do wish I had started earlier so I could be finished now, but that's not the choice I made. What matters is what I do today and tomorrow, and also the future choices I make that benefit my kids.

I love how my school caters to older, alternative students that are trying to enrich their lives by going back to school. The students work so hard, often balancing family, work and school. They prove that anything is possible if they make up their minds to succeed.

I wish I had known just how easy it can be to complete my education. Often, it is not until one is fully challenged before the positive effects can be seen. Without jumping in and finding solutions as the path unfolds, one can wonder endlessly about how to finish school and keep everything perfect.

Jamie

My senior year of high school I had originally planned on going to college right away. On graduation day I decided that I wasn't ready to go to college and I just knew I would end up dropping out before the first semester was over. I was exhausted and burned out from school and I didn't want to waste the money. I also wasn't exactly sure what I wanted to do for the rest of my life at that time. If I could go back in time, I would tell myself that college is not all that difficult. All it takes is a little concentration and dedication. Even though I didn't know what direction I wanted to go in, I could have at least started and got my general classes out of the way. I would also tell myself that even though school may be a little overwhelming at first, it does get easier with every class as you get used to the schedule and making time for homework and studying. Plus there is always people to help you, keep your head up!

The only bad thing about our school is the student population is on the rise and class sizes are increasing dramatically. This in turn makes it difficult at times to get the individual attention from the instructors.

Our building and parking lot is not big enough to accomidate for all the students, and it is becoming increasingly crowded. This however is not always a bad thing, it means our school is becoming more popular and students are liking the one course a month scheduling.

Liz

Brown Mackie College focuses on one class a month and that makes it so much easier for me to dedicate myself in finishing my work and being proud of the work that I turn in. I have no one to blame if work is not completed.

I would be harder on myself in getting all my work done and completed the way it was asked to be done and to be proud of the work that was put into it. I just did enough to get by in High School and that will not work in college life. Making right choices and having respect with myself in life effects every moment of your life and I wish that I could change all my past high school years and be somebody that my instructors would been proud of. What you do in the class room makes a huge difference on a resume and having the respect of your peers makes a person grow.

Brown Mackie College is growing that more parkings spots are needed and larger class rooms. I am proud to belong to a school that is growing and fulling my expetations. I can not think about anyting else that is bad.