Bryant & Stratton College-Buffalo Top Questions

The best advice I could give myself is not to worry and to believe in myself. I did not go to college right away because I had no faith in my abilities to do well in college. My sister was already making her way through a wonderful university and she had always done well in high school. I was always in her shadow and that followed me, even after high school. I always did well in high school, but never as good as her. Even my parents were worried that I would drop out of college because they knew I was self-conscious and not motivated enough. I have grown so much by taking this first step of going to college and I wish I would have done it much sooner. I have now completed my first year of college with a 4.0. It just takes hard work and confidence to succeed. I wish I would have known all of these things because I am so much more confident in myself from going to college and know that I can handle anything with faith and dedication.

Tasha

If I could turn back the hands of time to advise myself of college life and its expectancy's, I would advise myself that in order to acclimate to college life I would need to ensure that I am focused. I would advise myself to not accept anything less than the best that I can offer. I would tell myself to always stay confident in my quest and not to second guess myself. College even at my age of 32 has taught me how to focus and work towards an achievable goal. I would allow myself to know that I don't know everything that I thought I did, and to listen, I might just learn something. I would also advise myself to not let the cares of the world take me away from my dream and my vision. I would definitely advise myself that it is okay to dream, but when it's all said and done the vision is what will carry you. It is written"without a vision, the people will perish" King James Bible.

If I could go back in time to talk to myself in high school and know what I know now I would have continued my education after high school. However, I did go to a community college for a few semesters after I do not think that I was ready. Education very important and I did go back; I just wish it was sooner. I really enjoy learning and even though I did not pursue a degree after high school, I have my associates in Business and I am continuing for my Bachelor's. I have my hair license, hair instructor license, real estate appraisal certificate as well as house inspection certificate as well. I knew computers would take over the world and I was correct so I stayed on the business side of school and I wish I would have stayed in that. I wish I would have thought this is high school as I do now ?knowledge is power, only power can intimidate people and those who choose to be intimidated focus on just that instead of gaining their own power."

Renee

I would tell myself that I need to be sure that I prioritize and use my time wisely. Online education is very fast-paced and is hard work, so staying on top of assignments and projects is essential. Creating a routine, sticking to my goals (both short-term and long-term), and developing my time management skills will be important and will aid in my education and relieve a lot of stress. Finally, I would tell myself that this should also be an enjoyable experience, so give myself a pat on the back when I've done well and don't sweat the little problems that occur.