Smithfield, RI
Bryant University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Bryant University

Cait

Visit the college and see if it is right for you. You will know it when you find it.

all the requirements and the amount i pay for what i recieve

Kelly

Knowing what I know now about college life and making the transition, advice that I would give myself as a high school senior would consist of knowing how to balance classes, building a schedule that would allow ample time for myself to get all of my work completed in a timely fashion, and choosing classes that would focus specifically on my field of work. Balancing classes would be important for me to do so that I would not overwork myself and carry more classes than I could handle at one time. I would explain that having a healthy amount of rigorous and light classes is important for allowing myself time to complete all of my work so that I would not have to "crunch" (try to cram a lot of work in a short period of time) to get everything done on time. Finally I would explain that the significance of selecting classes that concentrate primarily on my desired field of work so that I graduate with my desired degree in the field I want most. For me, it is better to be a master of something than to be a jack of all trades and a master of nothing.

Christopher

Most students at Bryant are very accepting and willing to help out in any way they can.

Bryant University is a well balanced career focused School.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would stress that I should never limit myself. In my time at Bryant I have realized that if you are willing to work hard for something you can achieve it. When I graduate I want to have many opportunities available to me. Hard work and perseverance brings rewards in the long run, so it is very important to stay focused and also not be afraid to take a chance. Sometimes it is important to leave your comfort zone and face new challenges. At the end of your life you will always regret the things you did not do much more than the things you did.

Makena

Bryant is very career-oriented. The faculty and staff are very available and willing to help you out with anything you need. The small size of the campus population and the small-town area can make you a bit stir-crazy if you don't have a car but also help with studying because there are few distractions. It is especially known for its International Business, Actuarial and Honors Programs and can be stifling for Liberal Arts majors. In general, I like the school and the faculty better than the majority of the students.

The most typical student at my school is a white, upper-middle class business student who plays a sport, comes from a wealthy, conservative, suburban family, works fairly hard in school (Bs and Cs) during the week, and parties hard on the weekends.

College is everything you dreamed it would be, and nothing like you expected. Keep reaching for your highest goals, dreams and aspirations. When people see your dedication, drive and focus they will go out of their way to help you. Go for the school of your dreams. If it's a true fit, they'll be honored to have you. The same thing goes for jobs, internships and scholarships. Don't date freshman year. This is a time in your life to work on YOU. Practice learning about and loving yourself before you try to learn about and love anyone else. You will make close friends in TIME. Don't worry if you don't find "the ones" right away. Be patient, keep reaching out, and they will find you. When you go through some really challenging times your loved ones (family and close friends) are going to help you pull through them. You will find ways to pay for college. Just keep working at it; where there's a will, there's a way. Do what scares you (in a good way). Never underestimate yourself. Remember that life is a journey so try to enjoy the ride. Have Fun!

Jennie

Bryant University is in a tiny bubble with 3,200 business men and women.

Bryant University is in a tiny bubble with 3,200 business men and women.

Finding the right college means finding a place in which you are comfortable in and can really see yourself in for all four years. The right college for you means a place where you can be yourself but still learn and grow. College is all about your future and the responsibilities you will need to face. It is also a place to find life long friends, a place to join extra curriculars, and a place to finally become that grownup. Everyone needs to evaluate whether or not they could live away from home, their financial state, their aspirations, and their preferences. It is not easy, but so rewarding in the long run. College goes by very fast, so my advice would be to take advantage of time and resources, and just to enjoy oneself. Become a part of your community, study hard, have fun, and just live your life in your dream college. "Carpe Diem" every day!

Comfortable small classrooms. Perfect to hear the professor and interact properly. Small campus makes it easy to get to class.

Anthony

They are more eager for the weekend to come than to pay attention in class.

They are more eager for the weekend to come than to pay attention in class.

Parties are a big thing at Bryant.

Sometimes financial aid is the only right choice when selecting a college. College is a great experience and should be living it up to the fullest because in just a short time, you'll be having a career.

Emma

The first peice of advice I would give is to relax. College is a big step and is very frightening to think about. The one thing I would like to say to parents is to step back a bit. This is your child's decision, not yours. They should pick the school they feel most comfortable with and can see themselves going there. Let them decide which schools they want to visit and which they do not. Students: Visit as many colleges as you can. These visits can either make or break the deal for you. When you visit a school, ask many questions, but ask yourself one : Can I see myself living here? This was the most important question I seemed to face when I was deciding on colleges. If you can't see yourself walking to class or living in the schools dorms, you will never feel comfortable there. Lastly, think about yourselves. Don't try to make anyone happy when deciding on which college you wish to attend. Decide on the one you like most and you will be happy for the next four years.

The tight knit family it creates. Alumni often visit and recruit others from my school to work at prestigous businesses. Without this alumni connection, Bryant would not be known to have a very successful rate of employed graduates.

The quality of my education and the hands on experience I get through my classes.

Stephen

bryant is comprised of mostly stuck up snobby rich kids how have no idea what the real world is like, and it is an overpriced education, however in the long run hopefully graduating from bryant should payoff in the long run

save your money. go to a state school for two years and excel and then transfer up ! college is only what you make of it. I wouldnt worry about what everyone else is doing but rather concentrate on your future. Dont get too caught up in drugs and acohol becauase in the long run it will not get you to where you want to be. Focus my friend, the world is yours for the taking.

Angela

Don't discount a school based on what you've heard/what you think you want. I grew up thinking I'd go to UConn, that it was the perfect place for me and that I'd continue the family tradition. I went on a tour there and realized the size was going to be a problem. I realized I didn't want to be somewhere that stuck me in a lecture hall to teach myself. I went to Bryant's open house -even though I was pretty sure I didn't want to go there - and I fell in love. Never count someplace out that you haven't seen or experienced

People who do well in group projects and who like working with other people. This school forces you to challange yourself - but also provides the access to faculty and staff to help you through the challanges. It's very common for professors to provide their home, cell, and office numbers in case you need help with anything.

The only frustrating part is the limits on the dining services. We have one main dining hall (which provides all sorts of food in a buffet/all you can eat style) and another dining area in another building with a place to get wraps/pizza, chicken/burgers, and a subway. I wish we had more options.

Jonathan

I would highly recommend that students do research into what type of college they want to attend. Whether it be a liberal arts school or a school thats focused more on business or science. The second most important step to take would definatley be to visit the campuses of the schools you choose. You should also look into their resident life department to see if you could spend a day with a student to get a feel for the life on campus. For the parents to feel comfortable with their investment in college they also need to do research into the opportunities that a school can offer their child. The financial aid benefits and career assistance are two of the biggest factors they should focus on. Also, if they like, they should take a look at the housing on campus to see if it is worth the investment. Finally, both student and parent need to sit down and write a list of pros and cons for each school to make sure they can narrow down an appropriate list. If both parent and student can agree on most of these levels I've mentioned it will be easy to choose.

A person who is very focused on their academic study and very career oriented. A person who attends my school would also have to have a desire to go into the business field.

Some of the most frustrating things about my school would have to be the increasing cost of tuition, the lack of on campus jobs, and all the new construction that is taking place to accomodate the increasing student body.

Bryant University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.