Bryant University Top Questions

When you step off campus what do you see?

Makena

Due to its fairly rural location, there isn't much to see directly around the 400-acre Bryant campus, other than the lush foliage typical of Rhode Island. The area behind campus is mostly residential, and Douglas Pike (the road that leads to campus) has a few hotels, a gas station, etc. Other than that, there are a couple of shopping centers within a 10-minute drive of campus, which supply Bryant students with food (grocery stores & restaurants), shopping, and some entertainment options (e.g. movie theaters). In terms of night life, there is a small restaurant/bar right off campus (Parentes), which is popular with students on Tuesday nights. Thursdays are usually at Effins Last Resort, a bar about 10 minutes from campus. Weekends are either spent on campus or going out in Providence, which is a 20-minute drive from campus. Bryant students can also ride the RIPTA (public busses in RI) for free, and many choose to take the RIPTA into Providence and cab back on the weekends for safety & budgeting reasons.