Bryn Mawr College

« See more reviews of Bryn Mawr College

No. In the Bryn Mawr population there are no more bisexuals or lesbians than at other colleges, they just feel more comfortable expressing their feelings. Often classes are much harder than at other colleges or universities because non of the classes offered at Bryn Mawr are weighted and almost all professors refuse to curve tests or final grades.

There is nothing stereotypical about Bryn Mawr. Each girl is different with her own interests, views, personality, etc. Every student can find hundreds of other Bryn Mawr girls who shares something in common with herself. Bryn Mawr is also a mixture of students from different backgrounds, nationalities, and beliefs.

Many of these stereotypes are "accurate" in certain situations, but you must recognize that they are stereotypes. They are common assumptions, rumors, opinions, views... of a school and a group of people. Sometimes these things hold true and sometimes they're quite misrepresentative.

1) To some extent, yes. Living in an all women environment can get very stressful and show the worst of people. If you come here, you better keep this in mind! 2) Not necessarily! But unfortunately, if you tell a guy you are a Mawrter, he'll pretty much want to get you in bed.

There are a lot of feminists for sure, and there is an active queer community. But the great thing about Bryn Mawr is you can be yourself openly without having to worry about judgment. It's hard to see from the outside though.

To an extent, because Mawrtyrs have to work hard, but they know it- that's why they come to Bryn Mawr. Students know it's a great school to be at for four years.

No. Not everyone at Bryn Mawr is a lesbian and we talk about things besides school. Also there are plenty of people at Bryn Mawr who go to parties.

These stereotypes are incorrect.

no. not a one.

As far as the positive stereotypes go, I am proud to say that in my experience they have certainly proven true for a good chunk of people that I have met here, though certainly not for everyone. As for the negative stereotypes, I am sure that some of them are applicable to some students or situations at Bryn Mawr. I cannot claim that no one has found Bryn Mawr unwelcoming or prejudiced against men. In my experience, these stereotypes are almost completely false. I have found that oftentimes they are created by people who do not attempt to understand the Bryn Mawr culture, but are more satisfied with fabricating their own ideas about how the school runs and convincing themselves and others that these fabrications are accurate, without actually considering experiences or people they have met at Bryn Mawr.