Bryn Mawr College

« See more reviews of Bryn Mawr College

We're a rather liberal campus, but we are fairly accepting of people from all different points of view. As for the lesbian comment, I feel as though our campus does not have any more lesbians than any other college campus. It's just that at Bryn Mawr people feel more comfortable expressing their sexuality openly.

Hardly any! We're certaintly intellectual, but I'd hardly call us boring; I haven't met a Bryn Mawr woman I'd call a flake yet; there is no doubt an unusually high proportion of gay women, but very few are man-hating; and yeah, there are a few women who really like sex. Bryn Mawr is anything but homogenous.

For the most part, the negative stereotypes are untrue! Sure, Bryn Mawr has its share of lesbians, feminists, and nerds, but they're all really cool! We're actually very normal, college students who just happen to be especially academically motivated and socially tolerant.

Of course not! I think that these stereotypes could not be further from the truth. I feel because we attend a women's college, it's easier to attack and label us. Plus, most of the people that uphold this stereotype judge without knowing what we're really like.

To a degree. They wouldn't be stereotypes if there weren't grains of truth tucked away in there! It's certainly not as gay/weird/socially awkward/nerdy as we're stereotyped to be, but we're also made up of people who fall into one or more of those categories.

Some are some aren't. I definitely see men all the time, especially because I major at Haverford and take a lot of classes there. There are a lot of lesbians at Bryn Mawr but it is all a part of the liberal, open-minded atmosphere that anyone can appreciate.

This is not an accurate stereotype. Although there is a visible lesbian population at Bryn Mawr, and it provides an environment that is more accepting than other environments, the majority of Bryn Mawr students are not lesbian.

nope. about the all-womens part, bryn mawr is solely like living in a sorority. you make yuor social scene as you want it... with or without men, or without women if you so choose. and you are accepted for whatever you choose.

We study a lot. We have traditions which we hold in high regard because they bind us together. We are passionate about things and not afraid to be up front. We do not shirk from an argument and we don't take crap from anyone.

To some degree, but I do not believe that we are stodgy and boring, but rather that we are all much more relaxed when it comes to partying. There is never a need to be sneaky and worry about getting "caught" drinking etc.