Bryn Mawr College

« See more reviews of Bryn Mawr College

It's way too small, I think I thrive better when I can see more people daily. Sometimes seeing the same people over and over again can be a drag. Majors are limited. By Junior year I realized, I wanted to study journalism, communications, business or even art! They don't have ANYTHING like that. I liked the idea of going to an all women's college, but I also realized that having boys present does have a better balance.

We're not called 'Mawrtyrs' for nothing- the work load culls the weak and there's a high transfer rate. Pretty much if you can survive here, you can survive anywhere. Not a lot of activity on campus and if you're straight... Well, good luck with that.

It can be hard to keep your social life active unless you try. It would be easy to do nothing but work all day, every day - nobody would stop you. You have to actively make time in your life for social activities. But if you want it, you can find it.

The social atmosphere...there are a lot of socially awkward people here. People who've spent their whole lives just studying and studying and just want to get through school without focus on making friends or anything. That's annoying.

too much homework. there was no way to do it all. we didn't compete over grades (which was wonderful) so we competed over how much work we had to do instead

The worst thing about this school is probably the lack of academic support, I find I need to work things out on my own after talking with a dean.

The gossip is probably the worst thing about this school. It's a small women's college- there is bound to be a little drama.

Everyone is incredibly apathetic. No one gives a damn about anyone but their friends.

sometimes very cliquey

It was very expensive.