Bucks County Community College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Bucks County Community College

The course work and professors are easily accessible. The fact that there are 3 campuses makes it much easier to commute to whichever campus is closest to you. Bucks County Community College is a great way to begin your college experience while remaining responsible and frugal with your money.

Alyssa

Bucks County Community College is a place where someone can start to figure themselves out without wasting an ounce of their own time. The academic opportunities are without a doubt very beneficial. From helping and friendly professors eager to see you do better, and long library hours for those long nights of studying. Bucks allows you to further your education with their high transfer ratings. A high percentage of student transfer out to many different universities, allowing them save money while learning. The environmental aspect of the campus is nothing short of friendly and calming nature where one would not want be great. Bucks County Community College is a place one can call home for a short period of time, allowing you to blossom into what you were destined to be.

Darin

Bucks County Community College is overall a very good place to start college. Most professors are very accommodating and knowledgeable. Many of the faculty you encounter are friendly and helpful, however the administrative staff especially those in the financial aid office can be rude and condescending. Overall Bucks is a good community college.

Cassaundra

This school is amazing! The professors are so involved and invested in the students. The campus is beautiful and it is a safe learning environment. My art education was up to par, if not better, than my friends going to expensive art schools. I love this place. If it were a four year school, I'd stay.

Katherine

Bucks County Community College is a good college to go to figure out what you want to do with your life. The college has many transfer agreements with nearby 4 year schools, so you can go to the college for 2 years and then transfer to a different school. The classes are fine overall. You won't be getting the full "college experience" but if you want to save money, go to a community college like Bucks.

Bucks is a great school. Theres a wide range of types of students to meet (first year, transfer, returning) and plenty of teachers who went to community college themselves. The staff (and also the teachers) genuinely care about student success and are always available to offer help. They've also been great with accommodating to my schedule and needs.

Brianna

nice community college it has wonderful resources and dedicated staff! Multiple campuses and online classes to fit any students schedule. wonderful food weather you need a snack or a filling meal and plenty of healthy options. Helpful library staff whom help you find the books or resources you need to get through your semester.

Sherie

although I am new, I am oh so excited to be embarking on this journey of starting a career in journalism. The college is quite fine so far. Nice people, wonderful professors. During my time I will take my schooling serious, study hard, and get involved in interesting activities.

Monika

Few years ago I was attending a college in Poland. I have a master degree. I was very surprised when I found out that BCCC decided to transfer only few credit hours from my 5-years college from Poland. It was first, negative experience with the BCCC. But, yes there are some "buts", after I spoke with an advisor, I found her a very nice and helpful person. I must admit, she was the one, who convinced me to stay with BCCC and to try their accounting courses. if you are looking for helpful advisors, people who are interested in their student's choices and decisions, than you should definitely try to improve your education at BCCC.

Overall, I think Bucks is a great college. I I have had a good experience attending college here for the past two years, and think all of the professors and other staff are great. They offer a lot of clubs and extracirricular activities to join. They have an amazing tutoring center, that will help ensure every students academic sucess!

Natalee

I'm an online student at Bucks County Community College, but I have been on campus multiple times for meetings, tests, and using the bookstore/library. I live near the Upper Bucks campus of BCCC, and unfortunately, the online part of BCCC is based at the Newtown campus which is a forty-five-minute drive one-way from my house. All of my professors have offices at the Newtown campus, and if I want to be part of activities or go to events on campus for extra credit, I'd have to drive that forty-five-minutes to do so. Through my entire education (four semesters, thirty credits), I have only had two really good professors. Everyone else has been average or below-average. It could just be the online aspect, an on-campus class might be better. But the online professors could bump their skills up a notch or two.

Lily

In my opinion, Bucks community college is a great school. For someone like me who does not have a lot of money to go straight into a university. Bucks is the place to be. Teachers, staff, & students are very friendly. Help is always there if you need it. Makes me feel at home.

Julia

I do online Bucks County Community College courses, ​and they are very well organized. They always put all the material on Canvas that is needed. They are fast at answering and encourage us to come on campus if we ever need any help. They are very helpful; I was able to apply and register my classes in one day with no problem. I would recommend this school to my friends!

Nedzad

I believe Bucks County Community College is a great starting point for a student that wants to go onto a four year college. The class size is small so there is a good amount of one on one time with the student and the professor. The school overall is a good stepping stone.

Margaret

Bucks County Community College is a very nice school with a beautiful campus. I always felt very safe there because there were always security guards or professors near by. All the professors I had seemed like they genuinely cared about their students and their well being. The student body is diverse and also very accepting, a lot of the students will stand up for what is right without hesitation even if it does not directly affect them. I enjoyed my time at Bucks County Community College, it not only gave me an education but helped me grow as a person.

Rebecca

Bucks County Community College has a very pretty campus and there is a lot to do around it. It's located very close to Newtown and all its shopping and eateries. Besides that i'm not too fond of the school. There are some teachers that are fantastic and really want you to succeed and go above and beyond to help you. But there are more teachers who want to make it complicated for you and don't help out or answer questions.

miral

The best school to educate oneself. It is very affordable and safe. The environment at BCCC is very safe and all the staff is friendly. The best about bucks are the class rooms. There are limited seats therefore you can clearly hear the profressor and seek individual help.

Jeff

It is very nice and the classes are not to big. Everyone is always doing there best i class and are always willing to learn. The teacher are always available to help with any questions someone might have and make sure everyone understands everything. Nobody is left to fend for themselves. There are always study groups going on around campus.

Anna

It is a great school for everyone. It is a good starter for your career. It is also cheaper than other colleges. You get many opportunities and you can always transfer to a bigger college after two years. People are very nice and helpful. You can make many great friends. There is always something to do.

Marie

There's some inherent issues with Bucks. First of all, the campuses and pretty and everything, but the locations are pretty awful. I have attended classes at both the Newtown campus and Upper Bucks campuses, but both campuses are 1 hour away from me. It's an outrageous drive. The students are active. I actually probably wouldn't have voted this past election if advocate students didn't demand I register on the spot. There's tons of boards all around campus that are full of small job opportunities and events going on around campus. Another great thing about this school is that, if you're careful and pay attention, you can find scholarships that have gone almost unclaimed and grab them for yourself. I've gotten a few hundred dollars writing short essays for scholarships that got less than five applications. Essentially, it's very low competition. The campuses are all very diverse. The students are from very different walks of life, some of them from extreme poverty making an effort to turn their lives around. You can tell that a lot of the students are involved, caring, outgoing and studious individuals, set on turning their lives around. The will learn a lot just walking around campus and meeting people.

Christina

I have gone to Bucks College on and off for 10 years. I am FINALLY finishing my degree since I have been part time. My overall opinion of Bucks is that it is an amazing institution. I will be upset come next May when I graduate and no longer be a Bucks Student. I have been taught so much over the years, and the professors keep getting better and better.

I really enjoyed my time at Bucks. I am transferring to Barton in the fall but will miss Bucks. The teachers are very nice and the classes are interesting and helpful. They were a place to start my college career. The campus is beautiful and since you can't live on campus you save a lot of money.

Mary

A very good school that has professors that care and want to see you succeed. They have multiple campus which makes attending this school even easier. The classrooms and buildings are all kept nicely and have modern technology. Most campus have multiple parking lots which is also nice.

J

The first year is great, all of the general education classes are readily available. The problem is the second year courses. Especially for engineering, there are not many classes available and when they are they are usually all the same teacher. Tutors are available for the higher level math classes but not the engineering specific courses. You need to be prepared to struggle through them on your own with the only available resources are your classmates or the internet. First year is great, the second year is where you could start running into a problem.

Bucks County community college is a wonderful school to start your college career. If you are looking to start college but not have a total culture shock this is a great place to start. Professors are great, campus is changing all the time for the betterment of our school, classes are normally a decent size of 25 or less. Definitely a great way to start college.

Adrianna

Overall, it is a good school for those who are not ready for a big campus life. It is also a good school for those who are unsure about what career they would like to pursue. The professors care and are very knowledgeable, they will help you in any they can. I learn a lot from all of my courses.

I started out not sure what I wanted to do. It was easy to discuss plans with an adviser and keep options open while taking basic courses. The nursing program, while difficult to get in to, has a great passing rate for the state boards. The program was intense and definitely worth it.

Bucks County Community College gave me the opportunity to have small class sizes with lots of 1 on 1 attention with my professors. The professors care more than any other school I know of. The professors are always available and helped me with any kind of problems or questions I had. The classes can be rigorous and are not taken as a joke like some community colleges that I have heard of. Bucks has a high standard for their students and truly want you to be able to reach new heights and personal goals.

Lena

Ive been going to Bucks County Community College for a year and half and it really a great steeping stone. I started here at Bucks not knowing what I wanted to do, now I am moving on to a four year school. When I go on to the four year school I will have already don't all my general classes. Therefore I will not have as much debt as I would normally have. My overall opinion is that it is a great school and would highly recommend it.

Keara

Bucks County Community College is my first step in continuing a higher education, and my first choice in doing so. The reason for this is because of the educational opportunities it offers, along with a close commute, friendly students and staff, the plethora of transfer-school options, variety of course selection, the campus itself, and many other reasons. The Upper Bucks Campus is a relatively small community than other universities or colleges, therefore offering more personable relationships with educators and fellow students that will support and guide me in my studies. It is very important to me that I be in a more close-knit, but open environment where professors, advisors, counselors, and staff are professionally trained to equip me with the the knowledge and skills I need. Because the college is so close to where I live, it’s extremely convenient to commute. The short distance saves me money on gas, so that I will have more to spend on books and other educational needs. Also, each time I step on campus I am welcomed with a warm smile and an eagerness to tend to my specific needs. I appreciate the sense of community that Bucks has, and the way that I feel accepted there. It’s encouraging to know that I will be going to a school where I am not judged based on my disabilities or struggles with learning, but that I stand on a platform of support. One aspect of Bucks Community College that I find overwhelmingly helpful, is their transfer programs and agreements with other transfer colleges. Because of my desired degree, I will have to transfer to another college sophomore year. Things became so much clearer coming to Bucks, because I was immediately revealed to all of the opportunities of potential schools to transfer to. I am so grateful for the ease that this program has created for me; it has completely downsized the immense stress that I felt before knowing of it. Of course, the look of a college campus is inevitably a factor in deciding colleges, and looking at Upper Bucks, it wasn’t hard to decide how I felt. The glass panels surrounding the staircase, and the underground connection between the two buildings are so interesting to me. The look of the campus is very pleasing to the eye, but also easy to navigate. Each hallway has clear lettering of classroom numbers and directions, and students and staff in the buildings are always happy to give guidance. Finally, when I started the process of course selection, I was amazed by how many different selections Bucks offers. It was undoubtedly hard to pick just a few, because between the electives and required courses, I would've liked to pick them all. The vast list of different courses contains something for every unique individual coming to Bucks, leaving no one’s interests excluded. All of this being said after just completing one full year of college, I am so excited to discover what else is in store for the rest of my time at Bucks.

Courtney

Overall I believe it is a good starting point for people unsure about what they want to do with their lives. I also wish that my adviser had been someone in my major, and not in sports. But everyone there is always willing to help whenever I had a question or needed help.

Community: a group of people living in the same place or having a characteristic in common. (“Community.”) During my time at Bucks County Community College, it was easy to see just how much of a community it is on campus. Whether you see groups studying in the library or clubs meeting outside, people are always engaged with one another. The word community has never played a big part in my life until the last four months, where it has completely changed my outlook on life. I recently heard someone describe community as: being a part of a group that is closer than a friendship, which continuously encourages each other in the right direction, and prays for every victory and hardship no matter the size. Being a part of a community at Bucks has pushed me into becoming the best version of myself and has inspired me to encourage others to do the same. If I could describe Bucks County Community College in one word, it would be community. Bucks County Community College is one community I encourage everyone to be a part of.

Bucks County Community College is a great way to start your new career I am Barry thankful to be accepted and I’m excited to start this fall semester! The campus is beautiful, easy to navigate and everyone is very nice, I enjoy the small classes and I feel safe everyone.