El Dorado, KS
Butler Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Butler Community College

Bethany

For a community college, I think that Butler exceeds expectations. Butler Community College is a great place for someone to start who isn't sure what they want to do yet. This is because they offer classes at a way more decent price than larger universities. The class sizes are also smaller, this helps make for an easier transition from high school to college because you aren't just thrown into a big lecture class of three hundred people like you would be at a big university. Since class sizes are smaller, the professors know students by a name basis and can easily be contacted. They are also very friendly and understanding. Overall, I think Butler Community College is a great place to go. However, with that being said it is not for everybody. I would mostly recommend Butler because of the ability to get general classes done at a cheaper cost than the average going rate for a bigger university.

Sammy

I think Butler is a school definitely worth checking out. Although I took concurrent classes there and can't really judge the campus life, the experience I've had in the sister college at Rose Hill has been phenomenal. Not only has it been the best two years of my life, but has gained me the most knowledge for an affordable price.

michael

This it my first year. I have heard so much about this college. I feel like this is going to be a great to go get what I need done.

Butler is more than just a school; it's a community that desires nothing more than to see each student succeed.

It's not as easy as everyone always said. The coursework actually requires time. The teachers don't ride your back like in high school to make sure that you get your homework in on time. You are actually responsible for yourself. That has been the hardest transition for me. I was so used to having someone looking over my shoulder, essentially holding my hand and guiding me through my classes. Not anymore. It's time to grow up, Peter Pan.

The only bad thing that I have come across in my time at Butler is that some of the professors are extremely callous and do not offer much leniency.

Rosalee

Butler Country Community College is a great school. It is a great school to start at. This school teaches students right out of high school what college is really like. This was very useful myself a current college student. The teachers give students a work load that would be similar to what a bigger college would give. This helps students prepare for universities, or state colleges.

The school puts on many student activities. Many students go to the ice cream social, and the college transfer day. The ice cream social is a event where students get to talk and meet with other students going to the school. The college transfer day is an event where students can look at other schools and learn about the academics, and requirements that need to be done to go to that college. The college has many clubs that are available and there is no club more popular than another.

The classes are fantastic. The teachers really know what they are talking about and want to help you pass the class in any way they can help. The teachers also assign homework amounts similar to what a university or state college professor would assign.The classes are classified specifically under specified groups of majors and associate degrees which makes it easy to schedule. The academics are great and mostly derived to the students needs and wants for their majors.

cathie

Finish college BEFORE you have children!!! It will make life so much more secure and stable! Just think of all the fun family vacations you will get to take if you finish your college education!

Anyone could and should attend Butler.

Bryan

While a liberal arts degree will provide a good foundation for life-long learning, additional or concurrent training in practical fields will allow you to apply that knowledge and skills into the future.

Students seeking certifications or Associates degrees, preparing for transfer to a 4-year institution, or adults returning to school to train for new career paths.

Amber

I have heard of how hard the nursing program is to be accepted into and that because of this it is highly recongnized by our local healthcare community. I am a hard worker and wanted to insure is would receive the best program. You get out of butler what you put into it and the teaching staff is great. Each and every teacher and staff member has understood that I'm a full time working parent and adult and have worked with me to reach my goals.

If I could talk to myself as a senior in high school my advice to myself would be to not wait so long to go back. I would tell myself to make sure I lead my children to college as well. I was a parent of 2 boys as a senior in high school so my life was already a challange but I have always taken responsibility for myself and my choices and going back to school is a reflection of that. I went back to better my life and that of my kids and to be that example for them. I wouldn't change much but I was afraid of going back for a long time and I now know it is well worth the work.

I feel the best thing about my school is the flexible schedules and locations. I work full time and have 4 kids at home so I needed to know that I could work around my already hectic life. The campuses in different locations allowed me to choose which best fit my ability to get there. I like that I can attend online and in class.

Jacob

Well, if I could go back to my former self in high school, I think I would tell the young man that #1 don't worry that you don't know what you want to do with your life, that's what college is about. #2, I would tell the guy that going to class is essential, this WILL directly impact your grades and that I don't care how many people have told you this I'm telling you again. #3, most importantly, HAVE FUN. This is a time of your life that will never come around again. Make every moment count, make good friends, go to parties, date, break-up, LIVE YOUR LIFE!!!!! (Very important, since I am a pretty shy guy)

Butler Community College provides students with many opportunities to help them begin there career path while still in school. To me, as a student that's a bit older than my fellow classmates, this is fantastic. I already feel like I am behind in school and I don't want to fall behind in my career before it has even begun.

Football. Butler Community College is generally the #1 ranked Junior College football program in the nation. It's always a lot of fun going to games, especially since I run the cameras from the media booths!

Lillian

Butler is a very friendly and encouraging school.

Butler is a very friendly and encouraging school.

Butler is known for having good classes to take before heading off to a 4 year university or even just to get your liberal arts degree.

I would have told myself to not worry so much about what I wanted to do after I graduated high school. During college I've had time to figure out what I've wanted to do and been able to move forward with what I'm going towards.

Butler Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.