Butler Community College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Butler Community College

teresa

It's a good school! I learned a lot and it's the same classes as University just cheaper. The faculty are kind and always willing to help you. The class sizes are quite small and I love it. It makes it easier to get closer with the teacher and needed help. Everything is cost-friendly like health benefits and computers free to use. The cafeteria is nice place to study, it's not loud. Big spaces to eat with friends. Limited menu.

michael

This it my first year. I have heard so much about this college. I feel like this is going to be a great to go get what I need done.

D'Audra

Butler is actually a college that I would love to attend, but I'm currently stuck in Florida. I have applied to the school but I don't have enough bus fare to travel to the institute. With the chance to win the scholarship I can make my father proud of me being the first in our family to graduate from college. Lastly stating that I would appreciate the opportunity of this scholarship if granted the chance.

Leah

I am a sophomore at Butler and I have enjoyed both years I have been here. For the most part all the professors have been easy to work with and make a point to help the students. The class sizes are the best feature to me because in most classes there are normally no more than 20 students.

Natalie

Though the college itself is a wonderful place and the professors are amazing, many students do not pay attention in class and can be disruptive. Not the best after school and weekend activities, and there is not much in El Dorado, but Wichita can be interesting and there is always the Internet!

Tara

It is a great school with small class sizes. The teachers are here to see us succeed and are always readily available for each and everyone of us. Tutoring is offered to all with onsite tutors. The school is always looking for ways to grow and help us succeed.

emmanuel

pretty nice, good staff, convenient when working around schedules and full time job. they have facilities on base and knowledgeable staff on how to apply if you are military, not crowded so it allowed for more focused attention when needed. Has guides for transferring credits to WSU once you have gained you AS.

Chelsey

I feel like it was a good stepping stone from high school to my future university. I am involved in the theatre program and on scholarship and I love it. I love the teachers, I know they would do anything to help me with my classes. It has been a great experience over all.

Shalen

Butler Community College has honestly been my home away from home. I currently attend the Rose Hill campus through one of the academies and am a student worker there. I really don't know what my life would be like had I never met the people here. It's honestly changed my life for the better.

Alondra

( Andover campus site) The college is decent. It is actually part of a highschool building that is rented out. One thing to note however, in the mathmatics class they use an online learning platform called "Hawkes" .It is known to be a bit buggy and has an obsucre glitch that can lock students out of the course until the developers get ahold of the acount. The teachers are freindly, the libarary is not to quiet however so it may be best to plan study elsewhere around that. The computer lab does have some issues with the computers randomly shutting off with a few " out of order" at any given time. There is not a car pool scene to speak of, and there is no bus route so transportation can be tricky if not prepped for. They are also in the middle of transitioning fully into a new building, therefore you may have classes in seprate buildings ( a street or so away between the two). They offer many resources to help with issues such as housing, or mental/medical health options for students, just be proactive and you should be good. If something happens and you could not finish the courses through no fault fo your own, you may apeal. It is a lengthy and long process however, and you must be able to back the claim with documentation.

Madalyn

It was overall a great experience. It was obvious that the faculty and teachers at butler really cared about their students' success. It was super easy to get involved in activities and groups on campus, and it wasn't hard to make friends. Overall butler was a great place to learn and grow.

Bethany

For a community college, I think that Butler exceeds expectations. Butler Community College is a great place for someone to start who isn't sure what they want to do yet. This is because they offer classes at a way more decent price than larger universities. The class sizes are also smaller, this helps make for an easier transition from high school to college because you aren't just thrown into a big lecture class of three hundred people like you would be at a big university. Since class sizes are smaller, the professors know students by a name basis and can easily be contacted. They are also very friendly and understanding. Overall, I think Butler Community College is a great place to go. However, with that being said it is not for everybody. I would mostly recommend Butler because of the ability to get general classes done at a cheaper cost than the average going rate for a bigger university.

Caitlin

My overall opinion of Butler Community College is that it is a wonderful starter school and a great place for athletes. Although there are somethings that need to be worked on, as with every college, Butler is overall a nice place to be. There is a thriving downtown and quite a few things to do outside of class. Professors are very helpful and so are other Butler employees. They have many career options and excel in almost every category. I would highly recommend Butler Community College.

jacob

Butler Community College is very affordable and very flexible with my schedule. I am able to take plenty of courses online which really helps me with my work schedule because i usually tend to work different hours. Butler also has free tutoring which i took advantage of.

Katrina

I have loved my time at Butler, and though I'm sad that I will be transferring new year, I'm grateful for the time I have had here and he people that I have met! The class sizes are relatively small, and I have not had a teacher that I have had A problem with.

Gloria

Butler Community College is my favorite colleges to go to. Even though I haven't started any of my classes the professors have met up with me and are very nice and genuine. It feels like they care about me and my future. I appreciate them so much already! The assistants are very nice and point to me to the right direction to go to! A very nice and small college. I never have to wait for hours just to meet with anyone, they have flexible hours to meet with them if I have any questions about my classes or about my financial aid. This college deserves a good grade!

brittany

its amazing the people are really nice and they help you out when you need it the teachers really nice and understanding people its a very clam place but also fun and you can get help easily butler is a really nice place to go to school i thought i wanted to go to a big college but this is so much better.

Jacob

So far I've only attended butler for a semester but that semester was amazing the professors are all very hardworking and very smart i love attending classes because i honestly feel i am actually learning something its not just the professors that makes butler great though its also the people who attend and its almost impossible not to make new friends.

Daniel

A nice College to start off and to get prepared for the future, very affordable. You get to meet a lot of nice people, they also have a two year nursing program and it is very affordable for any student who is interested in the nursing field

Jasmine

The best college to get that help you always needed. They are nice and always Motivated to get the degree you deserve!

Mackenzie

The teachers at Butler do the bare minimum. I am a high school student at Rose Hill while I also attend the Butler wing. the luck I have had with teachers is awful. I haven't learned from their classes. The only reason I'm glad I took it at Butler is because it was easy and cheap. But I regret it because next year I won't have any actual college experience at my big university which is why I paid for 15 credit hours at Butler.

Sammy

I think Butler is a school definitely worth checking out. Although I took concurrent classes there and can't really judge the campus life, the experience I've had in the sister college at Rose Hill has been phenomenal. Not only has it been the best two years of my life, but has gained me the most knowledge for an affordable price.

Daniela Rose

Butler Community College is the place where I want to complete my basics and to start my life.

Alejandra

Butler is a wonderful starting school for students just getting out of high school or going back to college to seek their degree. Butler is a community friendly college that takes pride in safety and student-to-student relationships. I enjoyed the overall atmosphere. It was inviting when I went on a college visit my senior year.

Mallory

Butler Community College allows me to take college courses while still in high school. The teachers that we have are excellent and some are on-site at our school and others we have to communicate with outside of class by email. The teachers are very good about keeping their grades up-to-date.

Rylie

I love Butler it’s an amazing school to go to when you’re just starting college. Amazing faculty and staff . The professors are always available and make you feel as if you’re family . Everyday is a new day at butler but everyday is an amazing one . I wouldn’t trade starting out at butler for the world.

Atlantis

Butler is a great school. It is not like other schools, this one was designed for the working student and the non-traditional students as well. I love the atmosphere. Butler is very close to where I live which makes everything convenient. I would recommend Butler to everyone.

Gilberto

Butler Community College has been the best choice in all honesty. I was one who wanted to go straight to a 4 year university but being able to work on campus and receive a scholarship, having small class sizes, and being able to drive back home are big games changers. The teachers are always willing to help you and they actually call you by your first name because they are able to create a relationship that many 4 year colleges instructors cannot.

Maris

Butler Community College is a friendly, helpful scene. The overall admissions process was very easy and everybody was ready to help, they even stayed a little after their office hours to make sure I was all set. On my way out, they woshed me good luck on my upcoming year and hoped they would see me around. I am so excited to be starting classes there this fall and can't wait to learn in such a kind and helpful community.