Aptos, CA
Cabrillo College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Cabrillo College

whitney

To make it a goal for me; to make sure I recieve nothing lower than a B. Also not to worry about anything else besides my school because in the end thats all that matters is education.

How I got the best teachers, and if I recieved a A in my classes.

There Is nothing that frustrates me about my school, I love it!

Yeraldin

I would say to myself: Yeraldin I know you don't have a lot of money for college, but you shoud go anyway, there are many sprograms out there that are willing to help you economically. Take a weekend and just fill out scholarship applications and you will see that the help will come. Counserlors and teachers are amazing, always willing to help you, they are not monsters that want you to fail college. If you don't drive, that will be no problem because there are busses that can drive you to school. Housing can be expensive but there is many help out there example; Scholarships, Grants, and many woderfull programsone being Workstudy, this allows to work but aslso is very flexible and allows you to study when you need to and you are still getting paid. Not having a computer may become a problem but most of the campuses give you access to computers almost everyday. If you have no money to buy text books there are programs that can let you rent, borrow or loan you one. After knowing this, there is no excuse for not going to the college of your dreams.

Anyone who wants an education and is willing to work very hard for it. It does not matter if you still do not have a clear idea of what is that you want to study as long as you never loose the motivation to keep going.

Excellent and well educated teachers that are willing to help you and want you to learn, free tutorials and centers that help you with your homework and amazing extracurricular activities that help you shape your leadership skills while interacting with other students.

Shana

If I was given the chance to go back to high school as a senior, I would have a very difference perspective on education, and would be able to provide myself with useful advice. My first piece of advice would be to take advantage of every educational resource possible. This includes giving as much effort possible in my classes inorder to achieve better grades. Work in college is much more difficult than high school, however if I put the same effort in high school that I now exert, the transition would have been much easier. Also, I would suggest taking more advanced classes that would have better prepared me for college course work as well as even put me at a better stand point for college. The biggest piece of advice I could give myself had I been given the chance to go back to high school, would simply be to take it more seriously. I look back now, and realize that I never utilized the reasources available to me, and I could have put myself in a better position had a cared like I do now.

I wish that I had taken High School more seriously inorder to prepare myself for college work. I think the transition would have been much easier, had I dedicated the time and effort previously, verses having to rebuild a better work ethic now.

I think the only type of person that should not attend this school, is someone who has no desire to learn. If a person has no desire to engage their mind in the material, it seems wasteful of that persons time as well as the professors time.

Erika

My classmates are studious, independent, focused and from all walks of life.

My classmates are studious, independent, focused and from all walks of life.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior knowing what I know now about college and making the transition, I would tell myself that I need to really be organized. I'm such an unorganized person and that is something that can really mess you up in college because a lot of times, teachers hand something out once and if you lose it, you're out of luck. I had to learn that the hard way before I really started to take organization seriously. Along with telling myself to take organization seriously, I would also let myself know that there would be times I wanted to give up, to just quit school and work or something. But I would remind myself why I'm in college, to get my degree as a Nurse-Midwife, delivering babies all over the world and helping women learn to value themselves and their babies. I would tell myself, once again that it was worth it and I would let myself know that while this would probably be the hardest thing I'd do in my life so far, it would also be the most rewarding.

The worst thing about my school is the fact that there is not a lot of social interaction. Because I go to a community college, when class is out, everyone goes home. It's very rare to ever really get to know anyone, in some classes there isn't even opportunites to talk to one another. Other than that, my school is great. My school is just a hard place to get to know people.

Shannon

Going back in time to when I was a senior, I am reminded of the choices that I was making for myself at the time. Trying to decide what to do, which school to go to, and what to study was very overwhelming. I personally came to the decision to not go to college right away and spent the next 11 years traveling, learning and discovering myself. While all of my friends joined the workforce or attended the university of their choice, I had embarked on a journey of personal discovery. There were many times that I was uncertain what the future would bring and had tolearn to trust myself and my decisions that I was making. Almost 12 years after my graduation date I really felt that I was ready and had built up a tremendous passion and awareness for what I wanted to do. Attending college now and looking back to when I was a senior, I would tell myself to trust more, fear less, and live fully. You will know what you are to do and when the time is right to do it, and remember to always love what you are doing in every moment.

The educational staff at Cabrillo is known in the area to have some of the best professors. Many professors engage their class in current events and trends that may be seen as "alternative," or are not even relevant in other areas of the country. I feel that a lot of emphasis is on environmental preservation and free and open minded thinking. Many professors challenge students to research and think for themselves before deciding and forming their own opinions on controversial issues. To me, this is one of the most important assets an individual can possess.

When telling friends about my school, the fun and engaging classes in theater, dance, and the arts definitely come up. There are many different areas of focus at Cabrillo, and being a community college, many ages and diverse interests. Adding classes such as yoga, costume and mask making, and pottery allow you to nurture the creative side of yourself while lightening up the otherwise heavy load that other classes can put on you. The recognition of the arts at Cabrillo draws in many beautiful and wonderful people and creates connections and friendship within the community.

Allyssa

I have to give you a scenario, then: My friend from out of town was with me walking around at the school, and he said, "This isn't like a community college, it's really feels more like a state university, or something."

As a senior in high school, the only real knowledge that I would need from my current self would be this: be accepting of yourself in all aspects of life. Be it grades, appearance, performance, or friends, acceptance it the first step toward living with ease of mind. With ease of mind, we can carry out simple tasks, such as taking meaningful steps toward our goals, much more effectively, and efficiently.

Academically, I really enjoy the sciences. I talk about how science is one of the things that sticks in my brain. I have a hard time forgetting it, really. Electrons and protons seem like common sense to me. If I were to brag about the physical aspect of the school, I would have to mention the ocean view. Even though the school has undergone a lot of budget cuts and losses of classes, all the teachers are upbeat and happy to be there. Its inspiring to see people who really love what they do no matter what.

Nathan

Knowing what I know about college life is nothing I have learned from any of my life experience. I know That I am a 33 yaer old single father that is trying to make ends meet,raise two children in northern michigan. Not an easy place to make a good living that supports any type of family. Instead of futhering my education. Mistake number one. I went straight in to the work force. Did well doing so untill I move out of the city to not have my children grow up in the ways that I did. That was the second mistake. I was working for my fathers company at the time I moved. I did not like the fact that I was labeled a daddy boy. I left the chance to take the company over. That is the third mistake that I made. Now I am telling myself why I should of done at least one of the three things in life different.

Cullen

I would first remind myself to relax during the College application process. It's all going to be fine. Though, my main piece of advice would be to not worry so much about the financial aspect of your ideal College. If you know what you want to study, and you know where you want to study, then by all means pursue that College at full force without worrying about money. Just bite the bullet, and go for it. The money out there if you look for it. You shouldn't let anything get in the way of your goals. Especially money.

Jamie

Actually, I wouldn't change a thing! Even though I was homeschooled until college, the transition into the higher academic world was smooth for me. I saw a counselor right away and found out what I needed to graduate from my program, and that saved me from taking classes that didn't matter for my major. Cabrillo was truly the perfect fit for me, and is an essential stepping stone for furthering my education. It was great just the way I lived it. If I had to give myself a piece of advice, I would say, "Don't stress out so much!"

The teachers. I haven't come across a teacher whom I don't like yet! They are energetic about the classes they teach and help the students in any way they can.

Increasing tuition costs and being required to buy expensive textbooks.

michelle

They have some awesome programs for all different types of people and income budget for them. Also they have so many different kinds of clubs that you can join on and off the college campus. Another thing is that the college has a program to help students find rides to and from home so that they can get to the college back and forth.

I would make sure I would know what my plans are for graduating or getting my degree in college. I'd plan on talking to a counselor and do the application for Financial Aid. I would look into programs that can help me get through college and see which programs would even accept me into. I'd also do a Educational Plan so I know what classes I'd need for my degree and what classes to take for the next semester.

Cabrillo College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.