Cabrillo College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Cabrillo College

Adam

This is a good place to start your college career. And has a very wide variety of options to careers and other opportunities to exceed. With great teachers and who wish to see you succeed and reach your goals. As well as many opportunists to join clubs and get involved with campus life. Overall a great school to go to and able to reach your goals and find more and add to your goals and dreams. With a good chance to push forward and seek greater education opportunists by transferring to other colleges.

Mycah

I love my school! Cabrillo is a place for any student of any age, and offers a huge variety of subjects. Not only are classes well taught by enthusiastic teachers, but there is a class and a major for anyone. Any age is welcome on campus and in classes, and a there is a large variety of people and beliefs. Everyone, though, shares the common want to be there and support their own education as well as that of others around them.

Izabell

Cabrillo is a very resourceful school. Since I’ve been here I have gotten all the help that I need and it has provided more help than any other community that I have heard of. I enjoy going to school here because the environment is positive and the professors are all friendly and helpful.

Arizbeth

Cabrillo college is a great school! Aptos has the best scenery of the ocean during sunny days and even if it's raining everything still looks magnificent. Love how everyone interacts with each other throughout the whole campus. Most of the instructors are great too!

Andrea

IT IS A GREAT SCHOOL. IT IS LOCATED IN A BEAUTIFUL AREA OF CALIFORNIA, NEAR THE BEACH AND THE FOREST. EVERYONE IS FRIENDLY AND CARING, THE PROFESSORS ARE INCREDIBLE, THE CLASSES ARE FUN, AND THE RESOURCES TO STUDENTS ARE ABUNDANT. THERE ARE NEW FACILITIES FOR THE ALLIED HEALTH DEPARTMENT THAT ARE STATE-OF-THE ART, AND THE VAPA FACILITIES ARE BEAUTIFUL AS WELL!

Robbert

Great starting place to then go on to another college. There are so many interstring and fun things to do at the school and the area. Every teacher is different but everyone has been a joy to work with and learn from. I cant wait to continue my college career here.

melanie

I think it is a beautiful looking school, but very sexist in the communications department, negligence to student's identity and health by lack of accessibility to menstrual products and the right bathroom. The student elections are based off of lack of people running rather than actual democracy or liking the candidate. The money designated to the school through bonds is commonly prioritized for technical upgrades rather than the student's physical and mental needs. The food provided in the cafeteria doesn't leave much room for vegans or vegetarians or health consciousness in general.

Adelicia

Cabrillo is a fantastic Community College with great facilities, professors, and clubs. The arts facilities have recently been renovated and rival that of a UC. The music department is really fantastic and has some great opportunities to start someone off in the recording and live sound industry. The science departments are pretty good, with the addition of the stem center where I personally live. The bio department has cadavers that they are able to study in anatomy which is a really great experience. The weights gym is huge and has some really great equiptment. Some of the Humanities and social science rooms are old but they are clean and still work . The science professors are passionate and usually available after lecture for clarification. There are some great clubs to join that are very active like the robotics club and natural history.

Emaly

Most of the classes are introduction classes, most of which were very interesting. The honors program is very useful, as it provides an extra challenge to those that want more vigorous classes. The food options come from the Drip, the coffee shop, which serves pastries and sandwiches, and the cafeteria, where it is usually busy and the food quality is average. The counselors, except the honors group, were very unhelpful, and the teachers usually helped me more than the normal counselors. But there is a community at Cabrillo, the clubs are very welcoming and always have fun events happening. The facilities are showing their age, but the lower campus is beautiful and the best place to hang out at. Most of the professors are the sweetest and most approachable people there and they shaped who I am as a student. Definitely a good place to begin my academic career.

Mia

Cabrillo is a really good school, especially if you plan on transferring later to a four year. They offer a lot of transferable classes, and counselors are always available if you have questions. And if you are having trouble with a course, there are a variety of in campus resources you can use to get help.

Daria

What I love about this college is that people are really friendly and understanding and teachers answer their emails and call back when a situation could lead to teacher dropping you from the class or family issues about a certain problem. Teachers understand if you are having a tough day or hardship in your life.

Ava

Cabrillo College is a community college that I would highly recommend. The faculty are devoted to ensuring each student's success. Professors make classroom environments interactive and enjoyable, everyday I come home excited by what I have learned. The school's location makes it very accessible to those commuting by bus or car and the recreational facilities are great for use. The cafeteria and nearby food places makes lunch time at Cabrillo a hassle free and delicious experience.

Alexander

Cabrillo college provided me with an awesome college experience. The professors at Cabrillo are always super helpful and go out of their way to make sure that students succeed in their academia. There are a wide variety of on campus resources such as the library, the STEM Center, and The Hub which all provide tutoring services and unrivaled academic resources. Cabrillo offers many accommodations for relaxing and studying whether you are enjoying the view from the top of the hill in the horticulture department, or simply enjoying the quiet in one of the many study rooms in the rather large library.

Rubi

Its a great College classes are not so big and instructors care about the students passing. Its a different experience from a University because you are in a classroom with different people of different ages. I like it because its close by home both campus and the campus in Aptos is also close to my job.

Maria De Jesus

Cabrillo College is an excellent school for students who are not sure what major to choose or are not prepared to go straight to a four year institution. Many of the professors are willing to help students when they struggle and try their best to be available outside of class. The transfer programs are excellent and prepare student for university level courses. The ocean view from the campus is amazing from sunrise to sunset. The campus is always clean and the atmosphere is always welcoming. The cafeteria food is delicious but can be a bit pricey. Overall, I recommend this community college for students who would like guidance in choosing a career path.

Lorena

Cabrillo College has a great variety of supportive professors and faculty. They provide tons of services and events to help students figure out what the next step is right for them. Whether you want to transfer to a 4-year university or earn your associate degree, they have resources to help you achieve your academic goal. A plus is the view the campus has! There is nothing like getting to see the sunset or sunrise from the top of the campus with the mountains and ocean in the distance.

Nisan

Cabrillo college is like a bridge. In the small classes there are young students that are still in high school on there way to higher education sitting next to graduate students completing prerequisites for second degrees. When I moved to the area 20 years ago fresh out of art school I took several art classes at Cabrillo College before setting up my studio. I can say from experience that the art studios and professors are top notch. A few years ago I began taking science classes at Cabrillo (human anatomy, chemistry, physics, microbiology). I was able to succeed in these classes because the professors really care about their students. I was impressed with the labs and the resources available. Utilizing the study centers were crucial to my success. I was recently accepted into a masters of sciences in communication disorders program. The sciences classes I took at Cabrillo College made me eligible for the competitive program. Even though I start my online masters program this January, I will continue to be a student (studying Spanish) at Cabrillo’s beautiful campus.

Belinda

My overall experience at Cabrillo College has been amazing. Both my kids were students here a Cabrillo, my daughter is now in grad school and my son transferring this spring. So I am very happy with the education they’ve providing us during these past and current years.

Arie

In general, Cabrillo is a good college. I believe that almost everyone agrees with that. Facilities are fair, and the "HUB" (learning center) is one of the greatest things at Cabrillo! Place is relatively safe and quiet. Teachers are good and very accessible. Overall, Cabrillo is a good choice for non-rich students.

Sara

Overall, I have greatly enjoyed my time at Cabrillo College. It has been a wonderful experience talking to teachers and students about the classwork and assignments. I strongly believe that Cabrillo is a safe space where students participate in politics, art, and intellectual discussions in and out of class. My teachers have been quick to respond to questions I have.