Cabrini University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Cabrini University

Cabrini University is a place for life long friends. Your majors are small and your classmates become family. Sports are huge and we live for Saturday games. The University is growing and so is the diversity and immigrants who are now belong welcomed with open arms. Cabrini gives many opportunities for students to join clubs, do missionary work, gain academic achievement and meet lifelong faculty members who will do whatever to see you succeed.

Macapple

Hello, Let me start off by saying this school is just awful. I live in Xavier Hall where 90% of the Freshman live and there is a huge drug problem. I can smell Marijuana through the vents almost every night. I am currently a part of the Green Team, and what i've seen from board meetings with officials who are in charge of recycling and cleaning up the school, they simply don't care. and all the suggestions we came up with at the meeting when talking with the people who run facilities did NOTHING. The food is disgusting absolute garbage and the pizza tastes like cardboard with grease, but the salad bar isn't too bad. I strongly, strongly, stronglyyyy feel there is not a lot of opportunity and diverse majors, there are just plain old business majors, etc. There's not even a computer science class there is just some crummy online lesson you have to take about microsoft word and excel!!! This school said it would help me find a major, but their is absolutely a huge limitation on what majors to pick at this school. I feel like this school is basically not a really School, because everyone talks about transferring to a BETTER school. I don't want to be taken the wrong way here, but in my opinion (I don't care about statistics) 90% of the students are black or think they are black (ghetto-type). This school really lacks culture and a lot of the kids i've come across are very judgmental and can be very snobby, but there are a few good ones in the bunch. The running water is horrible here in Xavier. I can't even wash my hands for more than 5 seconds because the water in the sink (the sink has one of those turn-type of knobs so no matter which way you turn it the water is either always hot or extremely COLD same goes for the shower and I heard a story from someone in the Green team that the water in his bathroom came out BROWN). The cleaning staff speak 0 and I mean 0 English which makes it extremely difficult to communicate with them, and they wouldn't even open the door for me when I had a food box in one hand and packages in the other! also there's trash all over the woods!!! I think what made my parents send me here instead of Central Connecticut was because "The campus is beautiful" trust me when I say this it only lasts for a month or two until October and December come around and all the leaves die and it's just ugly. They also sent me to this school because "CCS has a high sexual assault rate, and you have to take sexual assault classes!" I kid you not two weeks after I got to this school some girl was sexually assaulted by some guy on campus, I am not joking how ironic is that? The wifi in Xavier Hall (especially the bottom floor) is like trying to get a connection from China. It's worse than cheap hotel wifi. I try contacting the ITR and they tell me there's nothing I can do. I swear to god I hate this school so much there is such an irresponsibility in the ITR wing, also half of the clubs i've signed up for have never emailed me back! My overall review: Don't come to this School unless you are someone who is: black (ghetto)/ a white person who thinks their ghetto, someone who enjoys terrible wifi, someone who is a druggy and wants to smell pot all day, someone who wants to not succeed and go on to a more competitive school because it's too expensive, someone who just wants to party and get bad grades. The only thing good about this School is some of the professors are nice, but to be honest it is not worth having nice professors than getting a good job and going to a better school. ALSO, the totally lied about all their language courses they told me at orientation (one of the teachers told me!) there was Japanese classes I could take well guess what? NO Japanese classes just Spanish, French, and German at the school next door. THATS IT. I was so pissed when I found this out because they basically conned me into attending this crummy school. The guy at orientation who was talking to us at orientation didn't really care about what we liked and he almost (to me) came off as a con-man because he was always looking in on us at orientation and wanted to persuade us to go to Cabrini probably to get $$$. I am so unhappy at this school and I will not be attending next year, I hate this poor wifi connection, I hate all the religious crap, I hate all the ghetto people EVERYWHERE smoking weed, I hate how the water is messed up, I hate how the cleaning people can't speak English and are disrespectful, I hate how theres sexual assaults, I hate how fake this school is and how ghetto the people are, I hate how there is no social-life and no social activities! I hate how the food in Jazzmans cafe is extremely over priced. This school isn't worth the money!!! I guess I should've expected this seeing how the school got a C- on student ratings and has a 75% student acceptance rate, and a D- in social life! I feel conned and cheated ever since I joined this school, but there is one thing I enjoy and that is the Philosophy club. So, yeah don't come here unless you want really poor wifi and a really poor and underdeveloped education. Also, I am part of an LLC and they make you take these useless classes about the elderly and classes you really don't need, and should not be taking!!!!!!!!! and the seminar class I am taking to help me find my major DID NOTHING to help me at all!!! I am still undecided!!!! In my opinion this school is basically a crummy high school, why do I say this? because the school only has 3 languages to choose from Spanish,French, and Italian, similar to a High school, and all the students are really immature, smoke weed and do drugs / a lot of alcohol abuse just like a stupid high school student would do. I would not recommend anyone to come here!!! The vents are connected in Xavier Hall, I can always smell the gross weed students smoke here. There's lot of dumb kids who stay up until 5am!!! I can never sleep here it's pretty bad. The dryers on the top floor of Xavier stopped working and weren't fixed until at least 2 months!!!!! The garbage in Xavier ALWAYS overflows because the Mexican staff who don't speak English never come to get it! Why am I talking about Xavier Hall? because that is where I live and that is where 90% of the Freshman live when assigned to LLC which they basically push you to join. I HATE THIS SCHOOL.

Danielle

It's a small college but that's what makes it so great. Almost everyone knows everyone and there are always people willing to help. The atmosphere is very warm and welcoming. The professors are always available for assistance, the campus is beautiful no matter the season, and there are so many opportunities to get involved. Highly recommend anyone to apply.

Paige

I'm a Freshman at Cabrini. It's a very pretty campus. The campus buildings are near each other. The cafeteria has a variety of food, it's never the same! We have an amazing gym. Everyone is friendly and making friends is not difficult! The class sizes are small, so the professors get to know you! The school offers many help resources for students to use. There are many clubs to get involved in and to get to know others. Cabrini is a very welcoming school. I'm glad I attend this school!

Jeff

Cabrini is terrible, nothing but lies and more lies. they love to lie about how much stuff there is to do on the weekends, but there is literally nothing. Professors are great, they want you to succeed. Public safety is a complete joke, nothing but wannabe cops. I do not feel safe on this campus and it seems like P.S. does not care. I think a 5-year old can do a better job patrolling the campus and making sure their residents are safe. The food is absolute garbage, none of the workers care about the students. Its literally eating crap on a plate. DO NOT GO TO CABRINI, ITS A TRAP!!!!!

seneca

Here at my time at Cabrini, I have grew as a person and as a student. Cabrini is a small net place that I call my home away from home. I have shared memories, laughs, good times, and bad times at this school but I love it here. Even though it gets dark here really fast and your RA will take forever to answer their door, it's still a fun place to be. I am really glad I picked Cabrini because it not only has my major here but also my memories here as well. Everything at this school is not perfect but it sure is a place where I can always go to when I feel like I have no where else to go. Cabrini may not be for everyone but it's for me because I have some great friends, great classes, and overall great community here on campus.

My school is pretty nice and the campus is big but not enough to get lost in. The faculty is helpful and the education is rigorous yet appreciated. There's a lot of resources around and opportunities. I'm a commuter whose an hour and some change away by public transportation and there are definitely days where I wonder why I didn't just go to a closer school. Then I sit in my Philosophy class or I vent to my academic adviser or I meet a new person and I realize that my school is an adjustment worth conquering.

Jia

Cabrini is a wonderful college for everyone to meet new people. The campus is very diverse and students are very active with events. The students are able to contact their instructors easily and are able to meet up with upperclassmen, faculty, and staff on day-to-day basis without appointments. The class sizes are fairly small and the students can work hands-on with their instructors.

Julia

Cabrini University is a school located in Radnor, PA. It is surrounded by woods, neighborhoods, and the town of Wayne. Wayne is a five minute drive from the school, and features many restaurants and shops. Cabrini is a generally small school, so there is a big chance you will know mostly everyone who attends. The teachers are very kind and intelligent. They care about your education and will do anything to help a student stay on track. Overall, Cabrini is a small school with a top notch education system.

Tiana

waste of time

jesly

Everyone easily gets along with one another and it is a nice environment to be around in. When I first went, i really liked how everyone was very welcoming and warm hearted. The school is small and that is one thing I also like about the school. Many things and reasons made me enroll to this school and I am excited to be a part of it.

Rosbeiris

Cabrini is a school filled with positive energy and a school with a calming aura. The school is known for being Catholic and holding a reputation of being the best at anything they set their minds to. The staff, students, are always there for you whenever you need them. It is one of those schools that you find yourself feeling comfortable wherever you go. The class sizes are appropriate to the point that you find yourself knowing the students, and the professors fairly well.

Jacob

I think it's a fantastic school. It's a small, private area that definitely is not a party school. It's no Ivy League, but it's inexpensive and provides a great education for the price. All around very good choice for post education. While I am only a visitor, this is definitely one of my most locked in schools yet.

Christian

At first I thought I wasn't going like being here, but my attitude has really changed. I have made new friends and the campus is not real huge that I can get lost; just going to classes. The professor try there best to help student as much as they can. Cabrini has so many resources to help you achieve!

jim

Security is terrible and really not existent. Counseling services does bare minimum. Dorms are horrible. RA's do ZERO. Campus is dark at night. Heavy Muslim population. Scary to walk at night. Little if any access to off campus ammenities