Langhorne, PA
Cairn University-Langhorne

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Cairn University-Langhorne

Fixed  rate loan

Fixed  rate loan

I love Cairn University because it is exactly what I need. The size of the school is big enough that you can meet new people but small enough that your friend group is well rounded and from all areas of the university. I have friends who are athletes, music majors, business majors, in the social works club, etc. Conversation happens in and out of the classroom, often initiated by the student body, which attempts to address important social issues individually and as a whole. The classes teach me to think critically, not only about what I believe, but about the new ideas that are thrown into discussion by staff and students. I have relationships with all of my professors, and can approach them without hesitation about academic or personal problems. I love Cairn and would recommend it to incoming students.

Rebecca

My overall opinion of Cairn is positive. I have experienced a lot growth while living on campus and taking classes at Cairn. The professors are well-equipped and devoted to the student body as a whole but also on an individual level. I have met some of my best friends at Cairn and appreciate the community that is fostered on campus. With that said, in my opinion the best thing about Cairn University is its professors and learning structure.

Rodney

I would encourage myself to study harder and learn proper study habits. Plan to earn money during the summer do not work during the school year. Make friends but do not let them distract you from the reason you are at college - to learn not play. Be sure to choose a major that will be of benefit to you in the future, not just what your friends are choosing. Ask for help from the professors as soon as you need it, do not wait, they will help you. They want you to succeed.

Cairn University is known for it sound teaching of Biblical princples.

My classmates where engaging and committed to learning.

Dear high school senior self, I’ve learned a thing or two recently that I wish I could inform you of. Here they are:Do your work. Senior year is fun, I get it, but you can’t spend your entire senior year goofing around and doing the bare minimum. In college, you actually need to invest time into earning your A’s. Get used to working hard on assignments before you have to pay for them. Ask questions. You are about to enter a whole new world. Don’t be afraid to ask “stupid” questions to the people who have already been through it. The wisdom they have can only help you on your endeavor. Stay in the moment.You will miss home. You will miss what your life was like before college. Don’t dwell on the past for too long, though. There is a whole new adventure waiting for you in this chapter of life. HAVE FUN!Your life is going to get chaotic, but everything that happens will make you into a stronger, more independent person. Don’t be afraid to have fun. After all, college is supposed to be the experience of a lifetime!

My classmates are encouraging, loving, hard working, awesome people who I am blessed to share my life with.

The best thing about Cairn University is that the first time I walked on campus, I felt like I was welcomed to the student body and like I could call it home.

Joshua

In order to properly choose a collegiate path, you must be intentional with discovering what your heart truly desires to pursuit. This being the case, I want you to actively pursuit cultural activities outside of your normal incubator; listen to music of different genres, go to art galleries and be inspired by various artists, find different restaurants and landscapes that suit your personality. Obviously this process is not concrete for all but these are just practical ways to understand your own aspirations. Once aspirations become more clear, it is then viable to begin looking for schools that will help you meet the goals you might have. It is vital to remember that often times a major may not have a direct corelation with your goals. However, it is better to gain a concrete skill through school rather than gaining an arbitrary major that will not help you become financially dependent. When it comes to choosing a college and major, you must look beyond prestige and you must often times stifle your passions. Pursue a school and degree that will give you a concrete skill which will in turn give you resources to purue your true interests in the future.

The best thing about my school is the dual-degree program. At any other school it would take me 2 years to gain an MBA after gaining a bachelors in business administration. At Philadelphia Biblical University I am essentially gaining a masters in Business Administration within one year.

When mentioning my school I brag about the dual-degree program that I am apart of in which one could gain their bachelor and masters degree in 5 years.

Breanna

The best advice I would give myself would be to explore scholarship options. As a senior in high school I always thought that I couldn’t get a scholarship because my parents made too much money. If I could go back I would make myself go into the financial aid office or on the internet because there are several scholarship opportunities that aren’t based entirely off of household income. Other advice that I would give myself is to go into the councilors’ office and talk to them about what classes are required because I spent my first year in college taking classes that weren’t necessary and could have easily fallen really behind on coursework.

Sean

Assuming I could go back in time to talk to myself, knowing what I know now about college life, I would tell myself tips about how, in my opinion, to be more successful in school. One tip I would tell my self is to strictly take my math, science and engineering classes first. I would tell myself this because for me, as an engineering major, those classes are the classes that are most difficult to schedule. Generally the higher the level of difficulty for a class, the fewer classes they provide at the school. One example of this is that generally, or at least at the school I attended, calc I has more class options than calc II does. Another reason I would do this is because sometimes they do not offer certain classes during certain semesters. one example of this is that at my school would have chem I during both the fall and spring semesters meanwhile would only offer chem II during the spring semester. finally, the other piece of information I would provide for myself is tips for higher level math skills such as for calc II and III.

Michelle

If I was to go back in time I would have difinitley told myself to take my Senior year seriously and apply for as many scholarships as I could. I would have told myself to push hard until I was at the end of my high school career. Although, being at a 2-year college is nothing bad, I wish I could have recieved that advice so I could have gone straight to a 4-year college. With scholarships, it is always to recieve money to pay off your tuition and your books. Sometimes I now have to pull money out of my own pocket to pay for the books I need. If I would have known how much books actually cost, I think I would have applied earlier.

Kevin

If I could go back in time and talk to myself about the transition to college, I would tell myself to make sure that I take classes where I will actually learn, and also to not give up on working out. There are some classes where they are easy and you know you can float on by and get the good grade, but it is important not to always take those classes. They end up hurting more in the future when you are expected to remember things from that class but you never actually learned it. Second it is important to not give up on working out since it was something I loved in high school. Once you get into the swing of things in college and working out is not part of it it is very hard to get back into. This only hurts, because you lose everything that you worked for so hard. Adjusting is not always the easeist but it is really possible if you stick with it and make sure you have your priorities straight.

I thing that the best thing about my school is the community that the school encourages. The school encourages all of us to bond together and fellowship together with each other. This is really good because it is good to know that the school cares about the students not only performing well, but also building up friendships for the rest of our lives.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the cafeteria. Our food is not always the best, there are rare days where it is really good, but overall it is not very good. To make things worse we just renovated the cafeteria spending money on booths and tv, but the food still has not improved, which is really the most frustrating part of going here.

Joshua

As a student I have struggled, learned, excelled, seen new things, new people, and learned to cope with many stressful situations. Life is a challenge that causes people to grow in order to reach full potential. I believe in challenging myself physically and mentally. It takes both determination and perseverance to achieve great measures. To become who you want to be, you should lead by example by being prompt, attentive, respectful, and by working to improve your intellectual potential and your community. To do this it is essential that you are determined to achieve with firmness of purpose, and have a persistent course of action especially in spite of difficulties, obstacles, or discouragement. With the attributes of determination with perseverance you will be able to be be seen as the prestigious student who against all odds, valued the learning process with goals in which you exceeded while being prompt, attentive, respectful, and by working to improve your intellectual potential to ultimately improve the lives of others and in turn, your own.

Cairn University-Langhorne administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.