Langhorne, PA
Cairn University-Langhorne

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Cairn University-Langhorne

Cairn

Cairn is overall a good school - if you commute. The student life staff is absolutely horrible for resident students. They care more about the money incoming from your housing than they care about your needs. Students have no opportunity to learn to cook, as there are no kitchens available in most dorms (just two disgusting, never-cleaned microwaves). There are 2 open hall nights a year (for 2 hours each), and they are relentlessly patrolled by student life staff. Rooms are searched randomly and residents are publicly scolded for trivial things, such as boosting their beds on risers or bringing their own chairs into their rooms. The worst part of living on campus - there is no way off. The off campus living age is 22 for students who don’t live close enough to commute, and the student life staff will do whatever it takes - even jeopardizing students’ health and monetary states - to keep the income from resident students. RAs are treated horribly, Title IX from women are disregarded, and bed bugs ravage the upper campus dorms. My final piece of advice - if you can’t commute, Cairn is not the school for you.

Julia

Wonderful, God-centered school. Professors care deeply for your whole being, not just your academic education. My roommate (she's one of my best friends!) had an experience recently in which she went to her lesson, her teacher noticed something "off" about her, and asked about classes. She told him, and he asked about how much sleep she's gotten, how her spiritual life is, and about her family struggles. He saw her exhaustion and told her, "go rest. We can reschedule this lesson". She was so grateful, and this only helped solidify her understanding that the professors here care for her entire being. School is important, but they are here to teach the entire person.

Cairn is a school for those who like smaller, intimate settings for their education. Class sizes are small, the professors are understanding and invested in your future, and the majority (if not all) of students and faculty share the same commitment to faith. These three aspects combined make Cairn a healthy and positive education environment.

I love Cairn University because it is exactly what I need. The size of the school is big enough that you can meet new people but small enough that your friend group is well rounded and from all areas of the university. I have friends who are athletes, music majors, business majors, in the social works club, etc. Conversation happens in and out of the classroom, often initiated by the student body, which attempts to address important social issues individually and as a whole. The classes teach me to think critically, not only about what I believe, but about the new ideas that are thrown into discussion by staff and students. I have relationships with all of my professors, and can approach them without hesitation about academic or personal problems. I love Cairn and would recommend it to incoming students.

Rebecca

My overall opinion of Cairn is positive. I have experienced a lot growth while living on campus and taking classes at Cairn. The professors are well-equipped and devoted to the student body as a whole but also on an individual level. I have met some of my best friends at Cairn and appreciate the community that is fostered on campus. With that said, in my opinion the best thing about Cairn University is its professors and learning structure.

Rodney

Cairn University is known for it sound teaching of Biblical princples.

Cairn University is known for it sound teaching of Biblical princples.

My classmates where engaging and committed to learning.

I would encourage myself to study harder and learn proper study habits. Plan to earn money during the summer do not work during the school year. Make friends but do not let them distract you from the reason you are at college - to learn not play. Be sure to choose a major that will be of benefit to you in the future, not just what your friends are choosing. Ask for help from the professors as soon as you need it, do not wait, they will help you. They want you to succeed.

My classmates are encouraging, loving, hard working, awesome people who I am blessed to share my life with.

Dear high school senior self, I’ve learned a thing or two recently that I wish I could inform you of. Here they are:Do your work. Senior year is fun, I get it, but you can’t spend your entire senior year goofing around and doing the bare minimum. In college, you actually need to invest time into earning your A’s. Get used to working hard on assignments before you have to pay for them. Ask questions. You are about to enter a whole new world. Don’t be afraid to ask “stupid” questions to the people who have already been through it. The wisdom they have can only help you on your endeavor. Stay in the moment.You will miss home. You will miss what your life was like before college. Don’t dwell on the past for too long, though. There is a whole new adventure waiting for you in this chapter of life. HAVE FUN!Your life is going to get chaotic, but everything that happens will make you into a stronger, more independent person. Don’t be afraid to have fun. After all, college is supposed to be the experience of a lifetime!

The best thing about Cairn University is that the first time I walked on campus, I felt like I was welcomed to the student body and like I could call it home.

Joshua

When mentioning my school I brag about the dual-degree program that I am apart of in which one could gain their bachelor and masters degree in 5 years.

The best thing about my school is the dual-degree program. At any other school it would take me 2 years to gain an MBA after gaining a bachelors in business administration. At Philadelphia Biblical University I am essentially gaining a masters in Business Administration within one year.

In order to properly choose a collegiate path, you must be intentional with discovering what your heart truly desires to pursuit. This being the case, I want you to actively pursuit cultural activities outside of your normal incubator; listen to music of different genres, go to art galleries and be inspired by various artists, find different restaurants and landscapes that suit your personality. Obviously this process is not concrete for all but these are just practical ways to understand your own aspirations. Once aspirations become more clear, it is then viable to begin looking for schools that will help you meet the goals you might have. It is vital to remember that often times a major may not have a direct corelation with your goals. However, it is better to gain a concrete skill through school rather than gaining an arbitrary major that will not help you become financially dependent. When it comes to choosing a college and major, you must look beyond prestige and you must often times stifle your passions. Pursue a school and degree that will give you a concrete skill which will in turn give you resources to purue your true interests in the future.

Breanna

The best advice I would give myself would be to explore scholarship options. As a senior in high school I always thought that I couldn’t get a scholarship because my parents made too much money. If I could go back I would make myself go into the financial aid office or on the internet because there are several scholarship opportunities that aren’t based entirely off of household income. Other advice that I would give myself is to go into the councilors’ office and talk to them about what classes are required because I spent my first year in college taking classes that weren’t necessary and could have easily fallen really behind on coursework.

Sean

Assuming I could go back in time to talk to myself, knowing what I know now about college life, I would tell myself tips about how, in my opinion, to be more successful in school. One tip I would tell my self is to strictly take my math, science and engineering classes first. I would tell myself this because for me, as an engineering major, those classes are the classes that are most difficult to schedule. Generally the higher the level of difficulty for a class, the fewer classes they provide at the school. One example of this is that generally, or at least at the school I attended, calc I has more class options than calc II does. Another reason I would do this is because sometimes they do not offer certain classes during certain semesters. one example of this is that at my school would have chem I during both the fall and spring semesters meanwhile would only offer chem II during the spring semester. finally, the other piece of information I would provide for myself is tips for higher level math skills such as for calc II and III.

Cairn University-Langhorne administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.