Cairn University-Langhorne Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Cairn University-Langhorne

Rebecca

My overall opinion of Cairn is positive. I have experienced a lot growth while living on campus and taking classes at Cairn. The professors are well-equipped and devoted to the student body as a whole but also on an individual level. I have met some of my best friends at Cairn and appreciate the community that is fostered on campus. With that said, in my opinion the best thing about Cairn University is its professors and learning structure.

I love Cairn University because it is exactly what I need. The size of the school is big enough that you can meet new people but small enough that your friend group is well rounded and from all areas of the university. I have friends who are athletes, music majors, business majors, in the social works club, etc. Conversation happens in and out of the classroom, often initiated by the student body, which attempts to address important social issues individually and as a whole. The classes teach me to think critically, not only about what I believe, but about the new ideas that are thrown into discussion by staff and students. I have relationships with all of my professors, and can approach them without hesitation about academic or personal problems. I love Cairn and would recommend it to incoming students.

Cairn

Cairn is overall a good school - if you commute. The student life staff is absolutely horrible for resident students. They care more about the money incoming from your housing than they care about your needs. Students have no opportunity to learn to cook, as there are no kitchens available in most dorms (just two disgusting, never-cleaned microwaves). There are 2 open hall nights a year (for 2 hours each), and they are relentlessly patrolled by student life staff. Rooms are searched randomly and residents are publicly scolded for trivial things, such as boosting their beds on risers or bringing their own chairs into their rooms. The worst part of living on campus - there is no way off. The off campus living age is 22 for students who don’t live close enough to commute, and the student life staff will do whatever it takes - even jeopardizing students’ health and monetary states - to keep the income from resident students. RAs are treated horribly, Title IX from women are disregarded, and bed bugs ravage the upper campus dorms. My final piece of advice - if you can’t commute, Cairn is not the school for you.

Julia

Wonderful, God-centered school. Professors care deeply for your whole being, not just your academic education. My roommate (she's one of my best friends!) had an experience recently in which she went to her lesson, her teacher noticed something "off" about her, and asked about classes. She told him, and he asked about how much sleep she's gotten, how her spiritual life is, and about her family struggles. He saw her exhaustion and told her, "go rest. We can reschedule this lesson". She was so grateful, and this only helped solidify her understanding that the professors here care for her entire being. School is important, but they are here to teach the entire person.

Cairn is a school for those who like smaller, intimate settings for their education. Class sizes are small, the professors are understanding and invested in your future, and the majority (if not all) of students and faculty share the same commitment to faith. These three aspects combined make Cairn a healthy and positive education environment.