Hudson, NC
Caldwell Community College and Technical Institute

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Caldwell Community College and Technical Institute

Brandon

Good campus but a bit lacking in certain aspects. The educators and faculty do a fantastic job at what they do. There isn't much to do out of class and what does happen is far and few in between but the activities that do happen are a good time just not abundant enough.

Caldwell Community College is a wonderful opportunity to ease the transition from high school to a university while saving money on tuition, supplies, and textbooks. I attend the Watauga campus and in my experience the class size is small and personable, the majority of students are friendly, and professors are typically very helpful and accessible. While the course load is pretty easy at Caldwell (don't expect academic challenges) , it is a great way to save money and ease your transition.

Karla

Honestly, I think that starting off here was the best decision of my life. I would recommend this school to anyone who is looking for a semi-easy start to the college life. It is a little less stressful than jumping into a completely new school in a completely new region and it is a cheaper option as well. I was glad with my decision of staying for two years then transferring.

Caitlain

It's a great school to earn an Associates degree or to take your general classes before you transfer to a larger university because of the friendly staff, small class sizes, and the feeling of community. Everyone, from the students to the faculty, are inviting and inclusive. Your instructors are always ready to help you achieve your goals, whatever they may be.

Rebecca

The smaller classes enable more one-on-one time between students and teachers! All of the classes are well taught and I've never had a problem with any of the instructors. The facilities are a not as glamorous as many colleges, but one attends Caldwell for the information provided in the classroom, not the classroom itself. Caldwell's goal is to get students out, after two years, in order to pursue further education. I would recommend this Community College to absolutely anybody who wants to save money and still get a wonderful education!

Chandler

It is a community college where you could get a 2-year Associates Degree as well other degress and a diploma.

Anyone who wants to attend to a 2-year community college before transferring to a 4-year college of university. By attending community collge first, this actually makes the transition to a university college easier.

Chandler

The advice I would give to my high school self is to attend Caldwell Community College first for two years and then transfer to a four-year college or university, preferably Appalachian State or NC State. I would also tell myself to know what degree program to go into and go under "College Transfer" to ensure I would be able to transfer in a couple of years. I would tell myself to know what classes to take, to take only classes required for my degree and to transfer. I would tell my high school senior self, "Go to tutoring every single day. Always know when to ask for help. Don't ever feel lost and confused; if you need assistance, seek it out immediately." I would strongly advise myself to always go to the Writing Center whenever I'm doing a major essay, and when doing lab assignments, always pair with a partner and/or tutor; it's always better to work as a group than alone. Finally, I would tell myself to apply for as many scholarships as possible, at least once a week, to pay for tuition when I go to a 4-year college or university.

I widh I had knwon which class to take based on my intended major and and to signed under to be a college transfer. For instance, I would had never taken Database Concept class if I've known that I didn't need it as my major, which was Business Administration.

All the classes I had to take before I was able to transfer to a 4-year college or university. Sometimes it felt that no m,atter how much class I've token at the college, it just wasn't enough.

James

CCC&TI is best known for giving young and old a proper education with which to face the world with.

I would go back and tell myself to work harder, to study for the SAT and actually take it. I was unprepared as it was for the placement test and made a lower grade on Algebra than I like to admit. I would tell myself to be prepared for the learning curve I'd have to make for the college class room and assignments. Compared to College, Highschool was nothing. I would have told myself to have researched grants and scholarships. As it was, I barely made it through last semester. It sure would be nice to go back with the knowledge I have now.

The only type of person that shouldn't attend CCC&TI is someone not willing to learn.

Dawn

I would tell myself to put more time and effort into my schooling and apply myself as much as possible. I would tell myself not to worry about boys, or getting married and get a good solid foundiation of education under my feet. Then after you?re married and settled go back for more degrees. College is harder than high school it takes more time and teachers expect more from the adult learner. There also is more work in college than in high school. The older you get the harder college is because you have forgotten so much that you had learned in high school. There is so many times that I wish I would have went to college after high school . I can't change what has happened but there isn't any reason to not go back even if you are older. Education is something no one can take away from you. I just wished I would have known this earlier in my life.

The best thing about my school is that they are eager to help students in anyway. They try to help us with any aid that we can apply for so we don't have so much to pay back when we are done. The teachers are great when helping students that need extra help . We have a tutor center that has people there around the clock, this is great when you're struggling to understand something such as math. If I hadn't had the tutor to help me I wouldn't have passed my math class.

Because of job lay offs there is so many more people, and its very hard to find a parking place no matter what time of day you're there. This happens Monday thru Friday.

Shannon

My senior year in high school was full of confusion. I had no idea that college was going to be so frustrating with no help in an advisor. I bet I have spent about three hours each time for registering for new classes. I would tell myself to go to a four year college because maybe the help with registration would take from the stress from a heavy course load. I know that a four year college would offer all the classes I need to graduate in the time I wanted to. I would tell myself not to slack off and go to a two year college just because the classes would be easier, "you get what you pay for." If I could tell myself anything else it would be prepared for applying for scholarships because that is the only way you could make it through college at a four year university. I would tell my young mind to not slack off and have some stress relief with a good advisor. Go to that four year university and finish in less time by taking more classes then advised you can make it.

I wished I had known that the advisors were going to be of no help. Since, every students college experience is different no one advisor can tell you everything you need to know. If I had known this before I would be getting two degrees instead of one this Spring.

The most frustrating thing is getting all the classes you need to graduate. It seems that they offer all lower level classes when I need upper level maths and sciences. I know that Caldwell County has had many layoffs and this results with older workers coming back to school, but hire more teachers. It isn't like the school is having a shortage of money seeing that more students are paying tution.

Caldwell Community College and Technical Institute administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.