Hudson, NC
Caldwell Community College and Technical Institute

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Caldwell Community College and Technical Institute

Alexandra

I am on the Watauga Campus so there isn't much to see or due. Nonetheless, I think it's a fantastic school and a great place to start your education after high school.

Lyndsi

Caldwell Community College and Technical Institute is the perfect stepping stone for anyone who wants to learn a trade, gain career skills, or earn credits to transfer. It is the most cost effective option for the area, allowing you to save lots of money and the opportunity to participate in many different classes to get a feel for what you want to do in the future. I loved CCC&TI and am proud to be an alumnus!

Brandon

Good campus but a bit lacking in certain aspects. The educators and faculty do a fantastic job at what they do. There isn't much to do out of class and what does happen is far and few in between but the activities that do happen are a good time just not abundant enough.

Caldwell Community College is a wonderful opportunity to ease the transition from high school to a university while saving money on tuition, supplies, and textbooks. I attend the Watauga campus and in my experience the class size is small and personable, the majority of students are friendly, and professors are typically very helpful and accessible. While the course load is pretty easy at Caldwell (don't expect academic challenges) , it is a great way to save money and ease your transition.

Karla

Honestly, I think that starting off here was the best decision of my life. I would recommend this school to anyone who is looking for a semi-easy start to the college life. It is a little less stressful than jumping into a completely new school in a completely new region and it is a cheaper option as well. I was glad with my decision of staying for two years then transferring.

Caitlain

It's a great school to earn an Associates degree or to take your general classes before you transfer to a larger university because of the friendly staff, small class sizes, and the feeling of community. Everyone, from the students to the faculty, are inviting and inclusive. Your instructors are always ready to help you achieve your goals, whatever they may be.

Rebecca

The smaller classes enable more one-on-one time between students and teachers! All of the classes are well taught and I've never had a problem with any of the instructors. The facilities are a not as glamorous as many colleges, but one attends Caldwell for the information provided in the classroom, not the classroom itself. Caldwell's goal is to get students out, after two years, in order to pursue further education. I would recommend this Community College to absolutely anybody who wants to save money and still get a wonderful education!

Chandler

Anyone who wants to attend to a 2-year community college before transferring to a 4-year college of university. By attending community collge first, this actually makes the transition to a university college easier.

It is a community college where you could get a 2-year Associates Degree as well other degress and a diploma.

Chandler

The advice I would give to my high school self is to attend Caldwell Community College first for two years and then transfer to a four-year college or university, preferably Appalachian State or NC State. I would also tell myself to know what degree program to go into and go under "College Transfer" to ensure I would be able to transfer in a couple of years. I would tell myself to know what classes to take, to take only classes required for my degree and to transfer. I would tell my high school senior self, "Go to tutoring every single day. Always know when to ask for help. Don't ever feel lost and confused; if you need assistance, seek it out immediately." I would strongly advise myself to always go to the Writing Center whenever I'm doing a major essay, and when doing lab assignments, always pair with a partner and/or tutor; it's always better to work as a group than alone. Finally, I would tell myself to apply for as many scholarships as possible, at least once a week, to pay for tuition when I go to a 4-year college or university.

I widh I had knwon which class to take based on my intended major and and to signed under to be a college transfer. For instance, I would had never taken Database Concept class if I've known that I didn't need it as my major, which was Business Administration.

All the classes I had to take before I was able to transfer to a 4-year college or university. Sometimes it felt that no m,atter how much class I've token at the college, it just wasn't enough.

James

CCC&TI is best known for giving young and old a proper education with which to face the world with.

I would go back and tell myself to work harder, to study for the SAT and actually take it. I was unprepared as it was for the placement test and made a lower grade on Algebra than I like to admit. I would tell myself to be prepared for the learning curve I'd have to make for the college class room and assignments. Compared to College, Highschool was nothing. I would have told myself to have researched grants and scholarships. As it was, I barely made it through last semester. It sure would be nice to go back with the knowledge I have now.

The only type of person that shouldn't attend CCC&TI is someone not willing to learn.

Caldwell Community College and Technical Institute administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.