Riverside, CA
California Baptist University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend California Baptist University

Additional Loan Options

Laney

If I could go back in time and talk to my high school self, Im not sure if I would say anything. The tings that I experienced in between my senior year and this year made me grow into the person I am now. I learned, the hard way, that college is not the time to chill out and let the future worry about itself. In high school I know that I should have taken that extra AP class and studied harder for the SAT, but because I didn't, I know the importance of scholastic perseverance. College is hard but it is worth learning how to be an adult and how deal with situations. If I told my 18 year old self that I should save more money and that I should make more time with my family because I am going to lose one of them, I would never have learned how to be financially responsible or how to cope with a loss. The past already happened, so all we can do is learn from it, and enjoy our present time because we are not guaranteed tomorrow.

The best thing about this school is the community development. CBU provides many opportunities in and out of the classroom to grow together as a community. I have made tons of friends and developed relationships with people because of the opportunities provided on campus. This place makes me feel accepeted and comfortable to be me.

People shouldn't attend this school if they are closed-minded and are looking for a place to drink, party and have an easy, laid-back college experience. CBU will give you a great education and help you learn practical applications to use when you graduate. CBU will make you academically prepared, biblically rooted, globally minded, and equiped to serve.

madison

My classmates are very good students who are spiritually, educationally, and mentally driven.

No matter how uncomfortable going somewhere unfamiliar is, and how scary a new school is, always be yourself and don't be afraid to step out of your comfort zone. You will meet some great friends throughout your college years so don't be afraid to talk to people you've never met before.

The cost of the school. It is a great school with a great environment but it is private so it is very expensive.

Antonio

I take online classes so I dont have any itereaction with other students. My first semester will start in January 2015.

The worst thing about my school is how expensive it is. The reason why is because it puts me in a financial hardship.

Mary

If I were able to go back in time, I would tell my younger self three things. Those three things would be: 1. Get more involved, 2. Apply to more schools, 3. Spend the time to apply for scholarships and try harder at saving up money. The first thing that I mentioned was involvement. I would definitely tell my past self to get involved in clubs and make connections. This would not only allow me to make friends and have fun, but it would also help me to decide what I really like and possibly what I should major in. I am not only talking about school involvement, I would also urge my past self to obtain another job or do volunteer work as well. As I second peice of advice, I would tell myself to apply to more universities. As a senior I only applied to one school. This lead me to community college and I missed out on the "dorm life" as a college freshman. Finally, and most importantly, I would convince my younger self to apply for as many scholarships and save as much money as possible as money makes college possible.

I think that, because this is a Christian faith-based university, that it would be beneficial for anyone who isn't against being open to learning about different things to attend here. Those who are already believers in Jesus Christ would benefit just as much as those who are not. California Baptist University is a special place; I wish that every person could attend here. I think, specifically though, that followers of Christ should attend this university as it would definitely help them to grow in their faith and stand firmer in their walk with the Lord.

I do not think that any certain type of person should not attend this university. University schooling is meant to be a time for people to grow and learn a lot and that is exacrly what I feel anyone who attended this university would do.

Rosemarie

I would not change my decison about commming to Cal Baptist but I would definetly focus on getting more scholoarships before coming to this school. I have had to work to Jobs and baby sit on the side, and I feel likeit isa ffecting my grades. I am a person who willget an A in a calss but only becuase I have to sit there for hours studying, and working so much has taken away time from school. Other than that I have made am happy with where I am at.

The worst thing about this school is how expensive it is.

Some one who is drivin for sucess and loves to get involoved and make good decidsons.

Guadalupe

My classmates are competitive in a sense that everyone wants to pursue that good grade in the class in order to achieve thier major's qualification.

California Baptist University provides an environment where we can expand our knowledge globally and spiritually. My school is a private Christian university, so we have chapel during the week in which we grow spiritually and globally. The speakers during chapel are different speakers that come from different parts of the world or sometimes it's our own staff speaking to us. The speakers always have a message that gives us encouragement that we can apply to our every day lives. For me it gives me encouragement for the week and it helps me stay motivated.

I would tell myself to prioritize my time more wisely because college life is about prioritizing. II would tell my high school self to not leave homework at last minute, because college homework takes up more than one hour to complete. Making time for homework should be the first priority. Now that I am a college student, my homework takes a MINIMUM of 2-3 hours to complete if I spread my homework throughout the week. if I I would also tell myself to learn a strategy that works for myself when I study a subject. The tranistion of studying in college is really different from high school, because college courses contain more information to memorize than high school courses. I wish I would have applied to a lot more scholarships because I am already in debt with loans as a freshman. I would tell myself to apply to at least 5-10 scholarships a week in order to have a higher chance of getting some financial help from organization outside the college of my choice.

Bethany

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to try and take college classes during high school. I regret not getting more of my general education out of the way. Also, I would tell myself to not be so excited about the transition, because when I finally got here, I was very overwhelmed and I wanted to slow down and go back to high school when things weren't so crazy and busy. Finally, I would tell myself to consider carefully what major they want to take or just go undecided because with my major I am very overwhelmed with it. Even though this it's what I want to do for sure, I didn't consider how stressful my life would become and I was only thinking about the social life I would have. I love college and I wouldn't trade it for the world but I wish I could tell myself these few things.

The best thing about California Baptist University is the godly community that is present. Everyone is so friendly, welcoming and inviting. All the staff/faculty are also very friendly and want to be involved in our lives. I don't feel pressure to be someone I'm not because no one is judgemental, and if they are, they don't say it out loud, they keep it to themselves.

The worst thing about California Baptist University is probably even though we are a Christian university and all of our rules/policies are backed up with biblical foundations, the student population does not mirror it at all. We are a very diverse university in religion and culture which makes it difficult since people who don't want to follow the biblical foundations are lowering the standards by not abiding by them.

Juan

California Baptist University provides all the materials and connections around campus to help me reach my goals.

The advice I will give myself as a high school senior is to be prepared for what is expected in each course. There is no reason to slack off and state, "I will catch up soon," because I have had the experience to slack off with homework and fall behind massively. College is not like high school where you can slack off with homework or any assignments and easily catch up. I will tell myself that if i fall behind i will stay behind throughout the entire course because work piles up each day and have other classes to worry about as well. The most important advice I will tell myself is to manage my time well. Manage my time with school and work, I should be able to attend both and have no trouble coming home and finish all my assignments and study for upcoming quiz or test. Another important thing about managing time is sleep! In order to stay focused and be determined the body and brain need enough sleep each and every day to continue the day without stress. Stress can cause sentimental damage throuhgout the school year and can be major trouble towards my education.

Any person should attend this school to achieve greatness through their professors and God, it is a christian school. Those who connect themselves towards God and manage their time carefully for homework, work, activities, etc., can reach their goals the way they plan. CBU can provide many oppurtunities to help those achieve their goals. They provide many tutors and stay connected worldwide to those who want to travel around the country helping others in need. Their cafeteria is ranked number two out of all schools in the state for those who enjoy eating food and being satisfied.

Rachael

Overall, my classmates are eager to learn, to do well, and so far have been very friendly---it's very easy to make connections with classmates.

Its great faculty, aspiration to academic excellence, desire to see students succeed, variety of on-campus social activities, its seminary program, and its desire to glorify God and make Him known on campus and throughout the world.

I think that I would tell myself not to try and plan my entire life out before I graduate high school. Planning ahead is wise, but planning fifteen to twenty years in advance can be problematic if one link in the chain is never forged. Don't put all of your eggs in one basket, as one unknowingly wise friend once told you---don't be afraid to expand your horizons to more than just a few colleges or career options. Don't take failure or rejection too hard (easier said than done, I know), because there are always other paths to take in life; if your plans don't work out, don't let it get you down too much---just adjust your plans accordingly and move on! Focus on what you want to get out of life through your future college experience. Take time to develop as a person to be able to know what it is you're truly good at and what it is that you're passionate about. Don't be afraid of the word "career." Overall---be flexible, take everyone's urgings in stride, and don't be afraid of the future.

Sofia

California Baptist University is made up of deans, professors, amd leaders who genuinely want their students to succeed and to live their purpose.

The advice I would give myself would be to be prepared to make the decisions that come with graduation. Graduation is an important step, because I am faced with the choice to either remain in my childish ways or graduate from high school and become an adult. Graduation requires for me to determine the healthy relationships, and to seperate myself from those relationships who are stuck in childish ways. It also requires me to make my own decisions and stop expecting my parents to solve my problems. Most importantly, graduation gives me the oppurtunity to become responsible. I can choose to take responsibility in whatever path I take, and do it to the best of my ability. Lastly, always set goals that can be reached and persevere until those goals are met.

The worst thing about my school is the cost in tuition, because not everyone can afford to pay the expenses. I know people who are not eligible for financial aid, so they have to pull out loans in order to pay for tuition. There are also those who get financial aid aand scholarships, but it is not enough to cover the cost of tuition and expenses.

California Baptist University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.