Riverside, CA
California Baptist University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend California Baptist University

Fixed  rate loan

tracie

Plan ahead. During your first year, make an appointment with academic advising and plan out your four-year plan. Figure out what classes are offered during each semester so you do not get stuck staying in school longer than needed. As far as academics , GO TO CLASS. Not only will actually going to class help with learning the material, but your professors will recognize that you are trying to do well in their class. However, do not stop there! Talk to your professors in person and form a relationship with them. Professors are there to help, and most of them love to do so. Having a good relationship with your professors will make it easier for your professors to help succeed. Lastly, USE YOUR PLANNER. Stay on top of your responsibilites versus spending the whole semester trying to keep your head above academic waters. Get in the habit of studying every night, or finding the methods that work best for you. Take advantage of the services offered on campus as well. Make the school work for the money you are paying them!

The cost and the limited financial aid and srudent accounts staff

Ebony

If I knew what I know now back in highschool, I would assure myself that there is no reason to stress and fear for the future because life is what you make it. I would tell myself, " If you just take it day by day and one step at a time, eventually you will reach your destination. I cannot stress the importance of working hard and staying focused now, so you can celebrate and enjoy life later. " Also, keeping in mind that I had to learn the hard way that nothing is ever accomplished in comfort zones, I would say, " Don't be afraid to be yourself, don't be afraid to take chances, don't be afraid to create new you's that you've never imagined. Fear is only false evidence appearing real, and fear is the number one reason of failure. " In the end, we all have one ultimate goal: happiness and freedom. With that being said, the last advice I would give to myself is: "To work to become, not to acquire. You can be whatever you want, whenever you want, however you want. The only person that can stop you is me."

The worst thing I would consider to be about California Baptist University is the tuition and fees. I am sure that is the worse thing about most colleges today. It is a little expensive, especially if you're staying on campus. However, I must say I am still proud to be attending. If you spend wisely, learn how to manage your finances, and possible get a few loans/scholarships, you will be just fine!

If you are an individual who wants to stay focused, be around inspiring people, and be in an atmosohere that can motivate you to better yourself every day. Then, this is where you should be. This school has an amazing reputation because of it's students and atmosphere. I take pride in telling people that I attend Cal. Baptist University because I worked hard to get to where I am today.

Shawn

i would travel back in time and tell my self to save every penny. in the time before college i can not even imagine how much money i spent on junk and fast food that could have been used to educate myself and prepare me for a better future. i would also tell myself that life gets better after high school and that everything is going to be okay.

I can only speak for myself and reflect on my own experience, i am maried with three wonderful kids. i have 5 years experience in the automobile industry, in addition i also served a humanitarion organization for ten years. i am in some cases twice the age of my piers. this is my second and probably last chance to get a degree that will change my life forever. The admissions proccess was absolutly wonderful, felt like i had a real advocate. i am grateful that this college has excepted me and given my family a chance at a better life.

As a student in the engineering department i often share about the acomplishments of our current professors. one professor holds patents for a valve that once installed in a persons eye can eradicate glaucoma. While another professor is an acomplished enviromental engineer. This department is focused and growing fast, it is an honor to be here at this time.

Danielle

I would tell my myself to don't be afraid of a challenge! That I shouldn't doubt my abilities, and take more AP classes! It would have paid off by the time I got to college! I would tell myself to continue to work diligenrly! Even when I was my lowest, most frustrationg point, I would tell myself no to quit, because you need perserverence for college! In addition, I would tell myself to don't forget to relax, take a breather, and have some fun! Being able to have fun is just as important as studying sometimes! Oh, and I would tell myself to sop overstudying (like studying 2-3 hours just for a 10 question quiz). The stress of overstudying causes me heart problems down the road, so I would have told my past self to kick the habit! Last, but most important, I would tell myself to have more faith in the Lord that I'll pull through college. It's hard to have the faith sometimes, but I would tell my past self I'd need all the faith I can muster just to get through the first semester of college!

The housng prices, because I believe they are very expensive. In fact, an aquaitance of mine had to leave the dorms last semester cause she coulnd't afford to stay there anymore.

A Christian indidual who is serious about their education, and desires a close-knit , freindly college environment with many career and post-graduate oppurtunies.

Jacklin

I would tell myself to be a little bit more focused on my academics and a little less on socially.

Everything was explained to me by faculty and students before I attend there.

A person that is willing to be academically focused and is willing to attend chapel weekly.

Laura

California Baptist University is a great campus school, where you can find a fun, but conservative atmosphere.

My classmates are very quiet at the beginning of the semester, but very nice and friendly by the time the semester ends.

The best advice that I could give myself is to do my best in all of my school subjects. Many students think that Senior year in high school is all about having fun, which is partly true, but you must focus and finish strong. The more courses you take in high school means less courses in college and money saved in college tuition and other school necessities. You must go to college because no other route will give you a fulfilling life. A minimum wage paying job will not allow you to have any material goods or quality outings with the ones you love. Stay in school, stay focuses, and never give up on your dreams. Anything is possible if you set your mind to it.

Kaitlin

My school, California Baptist University, is best known for being one of the top private Christian colleges in the nation. Therefore, the emphasis on biblical studies is widely known.

Looking back on where I was my senior year, and having now spent three years in college, I can say that there has been substantial knowledged gained. Assuming that I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would give myself all the advice that I have learned about college life and making the transition. I would tell myself that it is acceptable to be unsure about what direction in life I want to choose and that I should not let my fear of the unknown rule over me. I would definitely advise myself to dare to dream of possibilities outside of what I feel is expected of me and even what I have already assumed is best. I would assure myself that even though it is hard, to boldly ask all the questions I can think to ask and thusly set myself up to be prepared and knowledable. Finally I would advise myself to diligently focus on finding sufficient study habits that fit my learning style and capabilities.

I wish I had known that the Nutrition major that I selected was brand new, as in this 2013-2014 school year was the very first year that this major began. I was under the impression that it was fairly new but at least a couple years old. Knowing that the nutrition program was just being launched as I was coming in as a transfer junior would have been helpful information to set my expectations accordingly.

Tristen

My school is very mission oriented. I am given the oppurtunity to see different parts of the world every summer, while helping out those in need.

I would give myself three simple tips: college is expensive, study, get involved. If I knew how expensive college really is, I would have tried harder to get scholarships or do better on my SAT's. I would have studied more in my first semester of college if I knew how easy it is to fall behind. I would have also gotten way more involved so I could make more friends.

I wish I would have known how expensive it gets.

Paul

If I were to go back in time I would of made a college fund.

If I were to go back in time I would of made a college fund.

I am from Ohio so I brag about how warm it is here in the winter.

To be honest, the most frustrating thing abot CBU is the price. With me and my twin brother going to college it is hard to pay for college.

Arianna

Everyone is very friendly and spiritual, people go out of their way to make your day and everyone is very positive.

Dear Arianna, Make sure that you go to school right out of high school, move out and get on the dorms, really dig into life and make sure you take every oppertunity that you can. If you do not do it now you will end up working three jobs going to school full time and you will have to continually work twice as hard for your dreams because you did not accept that scholarship to that fancy university. Later in life you may be very upset about the decisions that you made so make sure you take every oppertunity that comes your way. It is important that you do not do what others feel that you should do, but rather what you feel you should do. Make sure you listen to your heart, as cheesy as that sounds, the only person that can make you happy is yourself so make sure that you do what you need to do in order to make yourself happy. Love, Your future self

California Baptist University is an incredible school and there is nothing negative that I can say about it.

California Baptist University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.