Riverside, CA
California Baptist University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend California Baptist University

Fixed  rate loan

Destiny

Get out of your comfort zone! High school was by far the easiest time of my life and yet I still put myself in a bubble. I was shy, I was and still am an extreme introvert and of all things that is by far my biggest downfall. Volunteer, get involved, make yourself known, and don't hold back. The four years I spent in high school I spent a lot of time worrying about what others would think of me, or just scared as to how I would look trying something new. I wish I wouldn't have. College is supposed to be the greatest years of your life and if you can't let yourself enjoy it all, you're wasting your own time, and there is no need for that. Be creative, be fun, be yourself. Learn to live.

Personally, while although not the worst but a drawback is the environment for commuters. I can't afford to live on campus which takes away from the college experience as a whole. I would love to be more involved and spend more time, but in reality it's just not possible. There are numerous activities for students living on campus but much less for commuters.

Of all things, the professors are the ones I brag about the most. As a private university you do get a feel of home, or even a sense of belonging due to the fact that you know the teachers genuinely care about their students. As a first year college student, I walked in blind and I am so thankful for the professors I have had the oppurtunity to learn under.

Chanelle

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself two key things: stop caring so much about what people think about you and to get involved as much as you can when you get to college. Having grown up in a town of upper-middle class to wealthy people, I was very much concerned with how I talked, dressed and what car I drove. I knew who I was as a person, but was so caught up in trying to impress those around me. Now that I am in college, I would return and tell myself that those material things do not matter; just be exactly who you want to be and people will accept you for the way you are. If they do no accept you, then you do not need those people in your life. Getting involved in college is one of the best things I have ever done. It has brought me many friends and experiences that I wouldn't have outside of those activities. I would also want to tell myself how important getting involved is.

The best thing about CBU is the spiritual aspect. There is a large emphasis on your relationship with God and there are plenty of opportunities to strengthen that relationship. The best thing within the spiritual aspect is CBU's focus on missions. Every year CBU sends out hundreds of students to reach those in other countries that are not reached.

There is nothing I would consider to be awful at CBU, but one thing that can get annoying is how empty the school is on the weekends. I live 8 hours away from CBU, so I can't go home on the weekends like most people do, sometimes leaving the campus feeling uneventful.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself that I should be financially prepared because college will be a huge financial burden upon myself. I would also tell my high school senior self, that procrastination is the enemy. If you procrastinate in college, you will find yourself stuck in the library the night before your assignment is due cramming it in becasue you thought it wouldn't take as long to complete as you thought it would. One last thing, it is okay to change your major to figure out what it is you want to do. You may think you have it right the first time, but if you feel like you are not passionate about what you are donig, then it's okay to change the direction your life is headed in.

Before I came to CBU, I wish I would have known that the tutition was going to increase after my second year at the school. I also wish I would have known that because of the tutition increase I would not get as much financial aid as I did the first two years. It has been hard dealing with that, but I am doing the best I can to pay off each semester so that I can complete my Bachelor's of Science in Nursing and my Spanish minor.

The most frustrating thing about my school is being open about my sexual orientation. I have been in a relationship with a woman, and it is hard for us to be together in public at the school because if we show any type of PDA people will know we are dating, and same sex relationships are not tolerated at my university.

Vanessa

California Baptist University makes it an enjoyable experience for students striving for their goal to success.

There is nothing bad about I can say about California Baptist University.

Brittni

California Baptist University is the perfect place to learn, grow, and figure out where you're going in life.

My school is best known for its community; the faculty, staff, and students are extremely welcoming and have real desire to see each student grow and succeed. When you attend CBU, you truly feel like you are apart of something special, from traditions to faculty-student interaction, CBU feels like home.

Don't sweat the small things. You're about to make the most life-changing decision. I know that things aren't going the way you wanted them to, but you have no idea what the next four years have in store for you. You didn't get in where you wanted to go, but trust me, CBU is not settling. You're going to make friendships and connections that will last a lifetime. Don't visit home so often, it will always be there. Get involved in campus activities; join clubs, go to events, be a part of the traditions. Visit your professors for office hours, they truly want to help you and you need them. Start researching soon, and don't wait until the last semester to take those pesky GE classes you're dreading. Communicate with your roommates, and look out for the people who are on the fringe. So many people around you are going to be struggling; try to notice the little ways you can make a difference. Soak up each and every moment, because it goes by even faster than you think.

Jeana

To little Jeana, At 17, you are younger than you feel an older than you seem. You have dreamed of university all your life and worked harder than anyone to have the perfect grades and perfect self to achieve that dream. And you will have that dream. You will go to a beautiful school and be adopted by the friends you've always wanted and educated by the teachers you hope to one day be. You will meet your best friend and you will have donuts every Christmas. You will meet your favorite nurse and have a cozy apartment. But right now, you're 17, being released from the hospital. You were refusing to eat. You were refusing to feel. You were alone. Little one, do not despair, your dreams still await you and no amount of self-hatred and neglect will keep you from them. You are so strong and so worthy of the work you've done for your education. It might not be as soon as you'd like, but you know that your best takes time. You deserve the best. Love, yourself.

My only regret before coming to CBU was that it was not my first choice. Had I known I would make lifelong friendships and grow as a student and person, I would have come to CBU sooner. I had spent time at another school prior to CBU that did not care to cultivate me as a human being. That school viewed me as a liability for my depression, but CBU viewed me as a valued member of a community with a purpose on their campus. I am only glad that CBU is my home for the rest of my education.

When I tell others about CBU, I tell them about how much my school has changed me for the better. This school has given me so many opportunities to grow academically, spiritually, and socially. The friends I have met here have helped me beat depression and I will cherish them for the rest of my life. The educators I have met here will continue to be my mentors after graduation. If you don't want to come here for that, we do have an on-site Chic-fil-A for your meal plan. Who could say no to that?

Patricia

I would advise myself to work harder in my academics and athletics. I would go back and tell myself to not let things like being in band embarrass me and to be proud to be my unique self. I would tell myself to try and get better grades. I would like to remind myself to always be proud of who I am. Also I would let myself know that it is extremely different transitioning from high school to college and advise myself to be a little more independent and take more initiative. I would also advise myself to create a savings fund because college is extremely expensive.

The worst thing about this school is the tuition. I know it is a private school and they probably need to charge students this much to keep up with the expenses but as a student it is going to be difficult for me to repay the loans I'm taking out to attend the university.

It is overall an amazing school and I think a student who believes in Jesus and has a Christian backround will fit in although others with the different beliefs could fit in too but they must be open minded. It has a very comfortable enviroment with very kind people who attend.

Ifeoluwa

California Baptist University is actively concerned with your academic, spiritual, emotional, and financial life. You will come into your purpose there.

It is known for being greatly grounded in Christ.

Ife, be strong and believe in what you want. Stand up for what you want. Don't give up to easily. Please, don't let your circumstances distract you emotionally and academically. Please focus on your studies, please. Trust me, no situation will be too hard for you to bare. You are stronger than what you believe. You are smarter than what people have made you believe. Trust me, you can trust God. At the end God is who will stand true to you. Finish college. You can do it.

If i could go back and give myself advise about what college i would tell myself to not get so emotionally involved. i spent so much time investing in the life of my high school friends that i didnt do as much studying as i could have. Also i would have told myself to get better grades because once you get to college it pretty much all rides on how you did in highschool.

Bethany

Everyone is extremely friendly, amiable and disposed to get to know you and for you to get to know them.

It's good to have goals to keep you focused, but don't be so tunnel-visioned that you miss the doors opening right and left along the way! You may find a different path you had never thought of taking. Yes, that time you made a hasty decision to fly off and live in Mexico for six months just because you couldn't find a way to get to China might have felt like a mistake at the time, but you ultimately learned some incredible life lessons. Yes, you casually submitted an application to a private university, got accepted and decided to attend the spring semester six weeks later and now feel like you're in a tornado of emails and phone calls and financial aid and scholarship applications and auditions and interviews and it feels like you're making one of the craziest mistakes in your entire 21 years on this earth and...it's worth it. Or it will be. Ride the wave! In a few years you'll look back and realize it wasn't all so hard as it seemed.

The theatre department is sadly very small. I would like to see some students with a desire to expand it!

California Baptist University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.