Riverside, CA
California Baptist University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend California Baptist University

Erin

As I stepped onto the old school campus I could hear my own young loud laugh. I looked over to where the freshman lockers were I saw myself talking with my new friends. I was so innocent and unknowledgeable of the harsh real world, but hopefully my visit would prepare me a little bit better for the future. I quickly walked up to myself and pulled her off to the side and began speaking. “Erin, I have to tell you something,” I said as I saw my young self’s face express shier shock and slight fear but I continued. “You will be very successful in school. You’re a very hard worker and one day, that hard work will pay off. Never doubt yourself and always remember to be proud of every little thing you do, good or bad. The choices you make from this point on will lead you to do something great in your future. There will be hard times, and even a few times where you don’t think that you’ll make it, but you are strong, and you always make come out on top. You will be great. Remember that.”

I wish that I had know about how very expensive it was to go to California Baptist University before I was accepted. I knew that it was going to be a lot of money but I thought that I could just cover it with loans. Unfortunately, the loans are barely covering half of the tuition and I need some serious help.

The most frustrating thing about school would have to be the lack of effective communication between my professors and me. Since I am going to school online right now, it is never face to face communication which can make things a little more complicated. Email and phone calls are the only way I can get in touch with them and at times they don't get back to me for days. It makes things increadibly frustrating.

Margaret

People who are interested in intellectual enrichment and are kind hearted.

People who are interested in intellectual enrichment and are kind hearted.

A person who is still finding their internal being. Naturally I observe the individuals that are reclined in Gods word, its a beautiful sight to reflect upon.At Cal Baptist the atomosphere is already fresh and loving. I love how they motivate each person to live their purpose.

Yelin

My school is best known for their careers such as engineering, teaching and nursing. Most people know them for their food. Food is amazing just like everything else.

An advice I would give myself back then was to really focus and be one step ahead of your game. In high school college may seem fun but its a big step for you to get everything together and go into the path to be succesfull. I would tell myself try hard, never give up even when you feel like you cannot do it anymore. It is better to try and fail then not try at all and fail. Remember your goals and why you want to do with your life in 5 years or 10. Do not procrastinate. Do not put other things priorities if it is not school and do not make money a problem. In the long run, hard work pays off. When you think no one is watching you, believe me someone is watching you, wishing they can accomplish the things you have. Dont give up and give it your all cause it does not get easier after that! Keep going!

There is not type that should attent. Anyone should attend if they could. You can have different religious views and California Baptist well still make it seem like home. They care about your interest, career, religion and political view. their purpose is to find your purpose with a positive view. It is another home, no matter what type of person you are.

Christina

The professors here have more time for you and get to know you on a personal level. They want you to excel. The student to teacher ratio is better at this school and I feel like the professors care alot more. I can leave my laptop, phone, wallet and purse in the table when I get my food and nobody will touch it. The campus is safe, clean, and the food is delicous. The students are always happy and friendly.

Knowing what I know now, I wish I would have taken all of the advanced placement classes I could. The reson being is, so I would recieve college credit. I wish I would have gone to CBU right away, because I would have already been in the nursing program. Nursing is what I want to do, no doubt in my mind, and I would not change my major. However, taking classes about life, I see that an 18 year old shouldnt have to decide thier major. We all need to find oursleves.College is about thinking in new ways, learning different things, acquiring knowledge about subjects you would have never taken. I often wonder if I wasnt forced to choose a major right away, if I would have chosen something else. I have many passions such as music, art, and cooking. I have worked diligently in my nursing pre-reqrisites and will not turn back now. I want to help people and benifit the lives of others, and for now that is my calling and purpose. If I was speaking to my 18 year old self I would say "Go study aborad in Europe, find yourslelf before declaringing a major."

Anyone can attend this school. CBU welcomes and accpets all. You will be exposed to Christianity and be involved with intelligent individuals who will influence you in positive ways. You will be shaped into a good person with a bright, promising future. You will be prepared for your life long journey to discover your purpose and use your talents. Ambitious individuals with goals should attent this school. The community life involvment is an amazing attribute to this institution. The campus feels very safe and welcoming. You get what you pay for at CBU and you will not regret it.

In all honesty, my high school senior self would not have listened to the advice of older me. I would attempt to explain to my high school self how necessary it is to put a larger effort into my studies. In high school, it is easy to float by without extensive studying and sleepless nights. It is simply not the case in college. I would also explain how it is important to choose a large array of classes to take; especially since my high school self did not know what career I wanted to pursue. This lead to many fruitless years of taking classes I would not need. Yes, years! I would also convey how vital it is to utilize the resources offered to you in the beginning. My high school self did not quickly ask people for help, even when needed. I would attempt to figure things out on my own. This unfortunately turned out to be a major disability for myself. Perhaps if present me could actually speak with high school me, I would not still be in school at the age of 30. Oh well, all things happen for a reason.

I wish I knew how expensive it was going to be.

A wealthy person. With parents that buy them everything. And a christian.

Karla

My classmates at CBU are very friendly and willing to help if they are asked for help.

The most profound advice that I would give my younger self is not to slack off. I would tell myself that the most important years of your college career begin in high school. I would express the importance of keeping a high GPA to be able to qualify for financial aid, grants and scholarships that look very closely at that. I would tell myself to know what it is I want to major in and be sure that that is what I want to do. Knowing what you want to do in life early on is extremely beneficial that way you dont waste time and money. I would also begin taking AP classes to get through some of the basic General Ed classes quicker. Although it is challenging in High School, I believe it is important because it weeds out some the general Ed classes earlier on. Ultimately, I would tell my younger self that college is fun, and challenging at times, but it is going to be the best years of your life. You will meet people who wil be long time friends, and relationships are much more significant then, than they are now.

I wish I knew more about clubs and how to get involved. I wish I was also told about the teaching structure of the school. How most teachers will require alot of writing no matter what major you are in.

Perrier

I would say: Perrier, I know things are really tough right now but I can promise you that the troubles you are facing will soon be behind you. Dealing with homelessness is taking up all of your focus but I need you to concentrate on your studies. When you go to the library to pass time, get a few assignments done. Before you go to sleep in your tent at night, read through some of your books. Focusing on your future will help make the hunger pangs go away. Make your effort now, push through! There is light at the end of the tunnel, so just keep moving my frined. Hey, you want to know something? Your future wife is waiting for you in one of those college classes, so get to it! God speed young man, you are an inspiration to me.

The best thing about Cal Baptist University is that it allows me the freedom to still work a full-time job and take care of my family while attaining a top ranked degree. Without the schools OPS program, I would be stuck trying to make on-campus classes fit with my hectic work schedule and home life. Cal Baptist has really changed me and my family's life for the better.

Cal Baptist is on the cutting edge of technology in the classroom. Cal Baptist is an accredited and recognized for it's excellence in acedemics. It offers fully integrated online degrees that rival any campus based program in the nation. This school is ranked by the U.S. News and Report as a top educational institution. It's rolling admission makes it easy to jump into classes and finish that degree.

Mckenzie

CBU is a great school for any student looking for more of a one on one with professors and active within the community.

If I could go back in time and have a second chance to redo the time it took to transition from high school to being a freshman I would do it. All throughout high school, my work ethics was just above the minimal that was acquired from me, because the work came easy to me. Because I did not put my best effort into most of my work, I struggled for a while, but what I know realize is that putting my best effort into even the smallest things would have made me a better student. Even though I still graduated in the top twenty-five percent of a class more than four hundred students I could have succeeded a lot further then where I was and made myself better prepared for college. If I would have done my best in high school the transition from there and into college would not have been a struggle. Every person should always give their best know matter how small or great the work is.

A student should not attend California Baptist University who is looking for the wild party living style because this school is a tobacco and alcohol free campus.

prabneet

i would tell myself not to procrastinate. Procrastination is a very bad habit and one should get rid of it as soon as possible. I tend to do all my work at the last minute possible because I feel as if I learn best like that. However, I would tell my high school self to start doing my homework and studying earlier rather than later.

CBU is a very small and cozy school. It has a peaceful and calm enviorment.

There is not a lot of diversity at this school. It would be nice to have more diversity

Candido

For making friends that will last over a lifetime.

For making friends that will last over a lifetime.

I would have advise to take more AP classes. The cources that Im taking now have prepared me for college but I wish that I could have saved myslef some money if I was able to push myslef hard enough to tell myself I was worth actaully showing people wrong I was smart for that level of education.

I dont see why anyone shouldnt attend this school. This school is very good for your social, proffessional, and academic life.

California Baptist University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.