Riverside, CA
California Baptist University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend California Baptist University

Additional Loan Options

Fixed  rate loan

Fixed  rate loan

Mary

If I were able to go back in time, I would tell my younger self three things. Those three things would be: 1. Get more involved, 2. Apply to more schools, 3. Spend the time to apply for scholarships and try harder at saving up money. The first thing that I mentioned was involvement. I would definitely tell my past self to get involved in clubs and make connections. This would not only allow me to make friends and have fun, but it would also help me to decide what I really like and possibly what I should major in. I am not only talking about school involvement, I would also urge my past self to obtain another job or do volunteer work as well. As I second peice of advice, I would tell myself to apply to more universities. As a senior I only applied to one school. This lead me to community college and I missed out on the "dorm life" as a college freshman. Finally, and most importantly, I would convince my younger self to apply for as many scholarships and save as much money as possible as money makes college possible.

I think that, because this is a Christian faith-based university, that it would be beneficial for anyone who isn't against being open to learning about different things to attend here. Those who are already believers in Jesus Christ would benefit just as much as those who are not. California Baptist University is a special place; I wish that every person could attend here. I think, specifically though, that followers of Christ should attend this university as it would definitely help them to grow in their faith and stand firmer in their walk with the Lord.

I do not think that any certain type of person should not attend this university. University schooling is meant to be a time for people to grow and learn a lot and that is exacrly what I feel anyone who attended this university would do.

Rosemarie

I would not change my decison about commming to Cal Baptist but I would definetly focus on getting more scholoarships before coming to this school. I have had to work to Jobs and baby sit on the side, and I feel likeit isa ffecting my grades. I am a person who willget an A in a calss but only becuase I have to sit there for hours studying, and working so much has taken away time from school. Other than that I have made am happy with where I am at.

The worst thing about this school is how expensive it is.

Some one who is drivin for sucess and loves to get involoved and make good decidsons.

Guadalupe

My classmates are competitive in a sense that everyone wants to pursue that good grade in the class in order to achieve thier major's qualification.

California Baptist University provides an environment where we can expand our knowledge globally and spiritually. My school is a private Christian university, so we have chapel during the week in which we grow spiritually and globally. The speakers during chapel are different speakers that come from different parts of the world or sometimes it's our own staff speaking to us. The speakers always have a message that gives us encouragement that we can apply to our every day lives. For me it gives me encouragement for the week and it helps me stay motivated.

I would tell myself to prioritize my time more wisely because college life is about prioritizing. II would tell my high school self to not leave homework at last minute, because college homework takes up more than one hour to complete. Making time for homework should be the first priority. Now that I am a college student, my homework takes a MINIMUM of 2-3 hours to complete if I spread my homework throughout the week. if I I would also tell myself to learn a strategy that works for myself when I study a subject. The tranistion of studying in college is really different from high school, because college courses contain more information to memorize than high school courses. I wish I would have applied to a lot more scholarships because I am already in debt with loans as a freshman. I would tell myself to apply to at least 5-10 scholarships a week in order to have a higher chance of getting some financial help from organization outside the college of my choice.

Bethany

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to try and take college classes during high school. I regret not getting more of my general education out of the way. Also, I would tell myself to not be so excited about the transition, because when I finally got here, I was very overwhelmed and I wanted to slow down and go back to high school when things weren't so crazy and busy. Finally, I would tell myself to consider carefully what major they want to take or just go undecided because with my major I am very overwhelmed with it. Even though this it's what I want to do for sure, I didn't consider how stressful my life would become and I was only thinking about the social life I would have. I love college and I wouldn't trade it for the world but I wish I could tell myself these few things.

The best thing about California Baptist University is the godly community that is present. Everyone is so friendly, welcoming and inviting. All the staff/faculty are also very friendly and want to be involved in our lives. I don't feel pressure to be someone I'm not because no one is judgemental, and if they are, they don't say it out loud, they keep it to themselves.

The worst thing about California Baptist University is probably even though we are a Christian university and all of our rules/policies are backed up with biblical foundations, the student population does not mirror it at all. We are a very diverse university in religion and culture which makes it difficult since people who don't want to follow the biblical foundations are lowering the standards by not abiding by them.

Juan

California Baptist University provides all the materials and connections around campus to help me reach my goals.

The advice I will give myself as a high school senior is to be prepared for what is expected in each course. There is no reason to slack off and state, "I will catch up soon," because I have had the experience to slack off with homework and fall behind massively. College is not like high school where you can slack off with homework or any assignments and easily catch up. I will tell myself that if i fall behind i will stay behind throughout the entire course because work piles up each day and have other classes to worry about as well. The most important advice I will tell myself is to manage my time well. Manage my time with school and work, I should be able to attend both and have no trouble coming home and finish all my assignments and study for upcoming quiz or test. Another important thing about managing time is sleep! In order to stay focused and be determined the body and brain need enough sleep each and every day to continue the day without stress. Stress can cause sentimental damage throuhgout the school year and can be major trouble towards my education.

Any person should attend this school to achieve greatness through their professors and God, it is a christian school. Those who connect themselves towards God and manage their time carefully for homework, work, activities, etc., can reach their goals the way they plan. CBU can provide many oppurtunities to help those achieve their goals. They provide many tutors and stay connected worldwide to those who want to travel around the country helping others in need. Their cafeteria is ranked number two out of all schools in the state for those who enjoy eating food and being satisfied.

Rachael

Its great faculty, aspiration to academic excellence, desire to see students succeed, variety of on-campus social activities, its seminary program, and its desire to glorify God and make Him known on campus and throughout the world.

Overall, my classmates are eager to learn, to do well, and so far have been very friendly---it's very easy to make connections with classmates.

I think that I would tell myself not to try and plan my entire life out before I graduate high school. Planning ahead is wise, but planning fifteen to twenty years in advance can be problematic if one link in the chain is never forged. Don't put all of your eggs in one basket, as one unknowingly wise friend once told you---don't be afraid to expand your horizons to more than just a few colleges or career options. Don't take failure or rejection too hard (easier said than done, I know), because there are always other paths to take in life; if your plans don't work out, don't let it get you down too much---just adjust your plans accordingly and move on! Focus on what you want to get out of life through your future college experience. Take time to develop as a person to be able to know what it is you're truly good at and what it is that you're passionate about. Don't be afraid of the word "career." Overall---be flexible, take everyone's urgings in stride, and don't be afraid of the future.

Sofia

California Baptist University is made up of deans, professors, amd leaders who genuinely want their students to succeed and to live their purpose.

The advice I would give myself would be to be prepared to make the decisions that come with graduation. Graduation is an important step, because I am faced with the choice to either remain in my childish ways or graduate from high school and become an adult. Graduation requires for me to determine the healthy relationships, and to seperate myself from those relationships who are stuck in childish ways. It also requires me to make my own decisions and stop expecting my parents to solve my problems. Most importantly, graduation gives me the oppurtunity to become responsible. I can choose to take responsibility in whatever path I take, and do it to the best of my ability. Lastly, always set goals that can be reached and persevere until those goals are met.

The worst thing about my school is the cost in tuition, because not everyone can afford to pay the expenses. I know people who are not eligible for financial aid, so they have to pull out loans in order to pay for tuition. There are also those who get financial aid aand scholarships, but it is not enough to cover the cost of tuition and expenses.

Noah

If I got the chance to go back in time to my senior year in high school, I would tell myself not to be so stressed out and afraid of moving on. I remember myself the day before graduation thinking, "Wow, this is it. high school is over. I have to move on now to the real world." It's not so bad after all. I honestly love college and I love where i'm attending college, mostly because of the christian culture Cal baptist has to offer. Another thing I would tell myself is not to be so lazy because college is definitely stressful. I really started to get lazy my senior year because It was the last year of high school and I had already decided where I was going to college. I think I have carried the laziness along with me to college. I definitely realized it lately and picked up my game, My grades have never been better. Mostly though, college is a great experience. Even though the transition is hard, there are a bunch of other freshman there going through the same thing that you are. Your not alone.

There are two things I brag most about to my friends about Cal Baptist. The first is how great the professors are at the school. You can go up to them at any time and have a conversation with them about anything. They are so friendly and caring and really want you to succeed in your studies. the second thing I brag about is the food, it's amazing. I have to eat on campus everyday before I go home because it's just that good.

The biggest piece of advice I would give to my highschool self is STOP PROCRASTINATING! If I have learned anything in college so far, it is that there is no time to mess around during class and that you cannot procrastinate. If you do then you will literally be swamped! So wake up, highschool senior Kayla, and get it together. Finish your assignments way before the deadline. Trust me and make it a habit now, or you are going to have a stressful freshman year of college!

The best thing about CBU is the community feel about the campus. No matter who you are, everyone on campus is extremely friendly, wants to meet you and wants you to feel welcome! They also host the most amazing events for both residents and commuters to get involved in and to help you build friendships with one another. Oh and by the way, the food is pretty great too.

The most frustrating thing about CBU is that there are not enough bike racks on campus. I ride my bike to school and I guess, so does 50% of the school. Sometimes it gets frustrating trying to find a rack to lock my bike up on.

If I could go back to talk to myself as a high school senior I would say, "you are going to go through some rough patches and bumpy roads, and you will feel like you want to just give up several times along the way, but know that the journey is worth the learning and growing that you'll do. Keep pressing forward because you will find that you like who you become and the heart of who you are will be revealed in your adversities, which will enable you to be a witness to others who are watching and waiting to see how you handle things. Your life will resound hope for those who feel like there is no reason to keep trying, and that will be worth every twist and turn that comes your way. Keep going, and keep listening to that whisper inside that longs to guide you. You will find your way and you will live your best life."

My classmates are intuitive, smart, and reaching for their best.

Someone who is seeking and working toward living their purpose in this world would be the best kind of person to attend this school. A person who is focused on becoming their best self so as to be equipped to give back to the world around them would be the right fit for my school.

California Baptist University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.