Riverside, CA
California Baptist University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend California Baptist University

Fixed  rate loan

Fixed  rate loan

Mckenzie

CBU is a great school for any student looking for more of a one on one with professors and active within the community.

If I could go back in time and have a second chance to redo the time it took to transition from high school to being a freshman I would do it. All throughout high school, my work ethics was just above the minimal that was acquired from me, because the work came easy to me. Because I did not put my best effort into most of my work, I struggled for a while, but what I know realize is that putting my best effort into even the smallest things would have made me a better student. Even though I still graduated in the top twenty-five percent of a class more than four hundred students I could have succeeded a lot further then where I was and made myself better prepared for college. If I would have done my best in high school the transition from there and into college would not have been a struggle. Every person should always give their best know matter how small or great the work is.

A student should not attend California Baptist University who is looking for the wild party living style because this school is a tobacco and alcohol free campus.

prabneet

i would tell myself not to procrastinate. Procrastination is a very bad habit and one should get rid of it as soon as possible. I tend to do all my work at the last minute possible because I feel as if I learn best like that. However, I would tell my high school self to start doing my homework and studying earlier rather than later.

CBU is a very small and cozy school. It has a peaceful and calm enviorment.

There is not a lot of diversity at this school. It would be nice to have more diversity

Candido

For making friends that will last over a lifetime.

For making friends that will last over a lifetime.

I would have advise to take more AP classes. The cources that Im taking now have prepared me for college but I wish that I could have saved myslef some money if I was able to push myslef hard enough to tell myself I was worth actaully showing people wrong I was smart for that level of education.

I dont see why anyone shouldnt attend this school. This school is very good for your social, proffessional, and academic life.

Yvette

My classmates are scattered all about the United States and they are supportive, kind, determined christian students with faith and goals.

Continue shooting for the moon, kiddo. And if you hit a stumping block, don't give up. You will have struggles. You will cry. You will want to quit. But never quit. You are capable of so much more than the world is telling you. Fight. Fight like a Phipps. Praise the Lord for every step in your journey--good or bad. Never lose faith. Your time is limited and you never know when it will be up, so live each moment to it's fullest. Remember how amazed your father was at your dreams...make him proud. One day he will look down on you from heaven and see that you never gave up the dream. Hold strong to that! Believe.

A determined and dedicated person whom has a love for the Lord.

Krysten

The very first thing I would give my high school self advice about would be to stress the importance of doing your absolute best from the get go and getting a head start on college schooling. Considering how difficult it is now to get classes many times and it taking longer to fnish school now I would have gone to night school while i was in high school since classes were free. Originally being a psychology major then moving to nursing and discovering the extreme competitiveness I would tell my future self do not accept anything less than the best with grades it makes the world of difference and sets you above all others when applying to programs. I would also tell my high school self, do not stress about not knowing what to major in, learn, discover, find yourself and you will find your passion. And, always make school first, a social life is nice and fun, but your future depends more on your schooling than the outing you will have a million more opportunities to do later in life.

I wish I had known how competitive it was getting into different programs and that it was important to start doing internships as soon as possible. I also wish I knew different ways to fund your schooling, because I did not start here because tuition was too high, but it is always somehow possible.

My pride and joy about my school is the beauty of the campus, the constant opportunities they always provide for us, and of course the wonderful food considering it is reated one of the best in the country.

Valeria

The main advice I would give myself is to be very proactive. Due to my laziness or lack of motivtaion I failed to apply for as many scholarships as I could have. The more scholarships I would have applied to the less I would have to pay out of pocket now and work off. By not looking into every opprotunity I could have I also missed the chance of exepiering living in a dorm. Being proactive could have also been in the classes I took in highschool. If I had taken more a.p. courses or any equivalent I could have saved a lot of time and money in courses that I could have taken in highschool.

The best thing about my school is how much students are encouraged and helped by staff in every aspect. California Baptist Univeristy also provides a great sense of community and respect between everyone who is present there.

I wish I knew how much I would be sacrificing by working and going to school. I wish I knew that the more scholarships you apply too the more chances of you getting one will be.

Laney

If I could go back in time and talk to my high school self, Im not sure if I would say anything. The tings that I experienced in between my senior year and this year made me grow into the person I am now. I learned, the hard way, that college is not the time to chill out and let the future worry about itself. In high school I know that I should have taken that extra AP class and studied harder for the SAT, but because I didn't, I know the importance of scholastic perseverance. College is hard but it is worth learning how to be an adult and how deal with situations. If I told my 18 year old self that I should save more money and that I should make more time with my family because I am going to lose one of them, I would never have learned how to be financially responsible or how to cope with a loss. The past already happened, so all we can do is learn from it, and enjoy our present time because we are not guaranteed tomorrow.

The best thing about this school is the community development. CBU provides many opportunities in and out of the classroom to grow together as a community. I have made tons of friends and developed relationships with people because of the opportunities provided on campus. This place makes me feel accepeted and comfortable to be me.

People shouldn't attend this school if they are closed-minded and are looking for a place to drink, party and have an easy, laid-back college experience. CBU will give you a great education and help you learn practical applications to use when you graduate. CBU will make you academically prepared, biblically rooted, globally minded, and equiped to serve.

madison

My classmates are very good students who are spiritually, educationally, and mentally driven.

No matter how uncomfortable going somewhere unfamiliar is, and how scary a new school is, always be yourself and don't be afraid to step out of your comfort zone. You will meet some great friends throughout your college years so don't be afraid to talk to people you've never met before.

The cost of the school. It is a great school with a great environment but it is private so it is very expensive.

Antonio

I take online classes so I dont have any itereaction with other students. My first semester will start in January 2015.

The worst thing about my school is how expensive it is. The reason why is because it puts me in a financial hardship.

Mary

If I were able to go back in time, I would tell my younger self three things. Those three things would be: 1. Get more involved, 2. Apply to more schools, 3. Spend the time to apply for scholarships and try harder at saving up money. The first thing that I mentioned was involvement. I would definitely tell my past self to get involved in clubs and make connections. This would not only allow me to make friends and have fun, but it would also help me to decide what I really like and possibly what I should major in. I am not only talking about school involvement, I would also urge my past self to obtain another job or do volunteer work as well. As I second peice of advice, I would tell myself to apply to more universities. As a senior I only applied to one school. This lead me to community college and I missed out on the "dorm life" as a college freshman. Finally, and most importantly, I would convince my younger self to apply for as many scholarships and save as much money as possible as money makes college possible.

I think that, because this is a Christian faith-based university, that it would be beneficial for anyone who isn't against being open to learning about different things to attend here. Those who are already believers in Jesus Christ would benefit just as much as those who are not. California Baptist University is a special place; I wish that every person could attend here. I think, specifically though, that followers of Christ should attend this university as it would definitely help them to grow in their faith and stand firmer in their walk with the Lord.

I do not think that any certain type of person should not attend this university. University schooling is meant to be a time for people to grow and learn a lot and that is exacrly what I feel anyone who attended this university would do.

California Baptist University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.