Riverside, CA
California Baptist University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend California Baptist University

Fixed  rate loan

Fixed  rate loan

Nathan

Everyone was friendly and very accepting...pretty much awesome! Other schools seemed pretty apathetic in that category.

When you start looking for a college, it's important to find the right fit for you. For some, academica may be the most important thing, for others, it may be an active social community or a renowned theater program. Whatever it is, make sure that the first step to finding a college is lots of research. Narrow it down to five or so colleges from research, then apply to and visit those five. Try to stay overnight at at least one or two of them. Then, decide based on which one you can see becoming 'your' college. You'll be there for four years (usually), so it's important to put a lot of time into your descision. When you get to college, the first year is the most important. Make sure to escape your comfort zone and go places you normally wouldn't to make new friends. Also remember that academics are as important as studying, and you must find the right balance between the two. Schedule your life so that you can recieve grades that meet your standards and also make friends that you'll remember and keep in touch with for the rest of your life.

Fun social life, engaging classes, tons of friends that I have made.

Alison

California Baptist University is best known for it's obedience to God and the great commission that he has given us. "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost" Matthew 28:19

Really, any kind of person would be accepted at this school but the person that should come, that would recieve the most from this type of education, is the one that truly wants to seek God's path for his/her life and wants to recieve a Christ centered education.

My advice would be to really pay attention to dead lines and the different schools you are interested in. Go off and visit most if not all of them. You can usually call schools ahead of time and plan a day for someone to take you around campus and talk to you. Remeber college is an experience, you want to know everything about it before you go there. The learning enviroment and classrooms are way more important than the social party life, because if you get discracted and flunk out of college it wasnt worth the time or money. College is definatally an investment, so make sure you invest in the right enviroment for you.

Melanie

College is not only a place to earn a degree, it is a place of life-formation. The ideas that are explored, the people with whom one fellowships, the environment in which one surrounds him/herself with, and the experiences that one has during this season are possibly the most influential in his/her life. The best advice that I can give, therefore, is to take into account all aspects of the colleges that you are considering, not just the academic alure. And when classes begin, waste no time in beginning to pay attention to the people, the environment, and the underlying principles behind the lessons being taught, looking for those "ah-ha" moments when you realize that this is a person/cause/place you could build a life on. Don't be afraid to take a step back and re-evaluate the courses you have set; it's OK to change majors or career paths! Better to do so now than after you have dropped a huge investment! Remember that life doesn't start after you graduate, it starts NOW, so live NOW-- and not foolishly, squandering time and resources, but wisely, balancing all aspects of what are imporant.

The campus its self is beautiful, there is beauty found there easily. People are upbeat and friendly mostly. The class sizes are perfect.

Bradley

Cal Baptist is a very interactive school whose goals seem to be set on making friends for life and getting your career starte...

Cal Baptist is a very interactive school whose goals seem to be set on making friends for life and getting your career started.

Let your children live on campus and at least 1 semester in the dorms because they will make friends much easier and you have a lot of fun!

A lot of the teachers are zero tollerant on student athletes who miss class due to scheduled events. Most people who attend come from wealthy backgrounds and can be a little snobby to those who come from lower/middle class.

Virginia

CBU is a fun lerning invronment, and they really want you to get the most out of yourtime here (plus the other students are great).

Find a college that has friendly people, small classes, and good professors. When looking at finding the right place do several campus tours and talk with everyone that you come into contact with. It's very wise to do research about the school online, then you find out what the students really think.

I really like Wanda's, it's our own on campus coffee shop and everyone is aleays there.

Julie

The college that is right for on student may not be right for your student. Do your research and visit the campus unannouced...

The best thing about CBU is ther mission statement. They belive in preparing men and women to reach others for Christ in whatever field of lerning they choose.

Louis

I was very lucky when I was going to college, because my parents allowed me to look into the various colleges and investigate them and do all kinds of research - and they were very involved. But the best advice that I could give parents is to stay involved with your sons and daughters but let them make their own decisions. Talk to them about college and give them lots of resources. There is so much information out there to read and study. My parents had me looking on the internet, and they go me books - they also took me on tours of local campuses and we even had brunch at the campus that I finally decided to choose to apply to as my first choice. The most important part I think is to stay connected and to help them to make their own decision - remember that this is their life - and they need to live it. Help them with the dates for the tests (SAT, ACT) etc, and make sure they get those things done on time, and then make sure they get the applications in on time too - they will thank you at the final graduation!

I wish I had known more about the Scholarship programs that were available so that my parents were not both working two jobs each. They are both really great parents, and because they care so much about me and my twin brother, they both work two jobs because they dont want us to end up with any student loans after graduation. I see how tired they are, and I wish we could spend more time together. If I had applied for scholarships a few years ago, I think it may have helped them to be home with us more now.

I am proud that I attend a small Christian School that is teaching the gospel and also is such a great academic school. I have the opportunity to get a great education and meet many new friends. I am very lucky that I was accepted her at Cal Baptist University, and have wanted to come her all through High School, so I am living my dream and very excitied to graduate in June of 2011. I feel I am getting a great education, and am thankful to attend Chapel.

The atmosphere is so completely friendly and open. There is an immediate sense of belonging. The campus is beautiful and open, unlike many closed campuses that appear to have no open spaces. Just walking around campus is relaxing and there is always a sense of safety no matter the campus location. The school does a very good job at working with the students to make sure that they are succeeding and doing well.

When it comes to choosing the right college, the most important thing to consider is personality. Who you are as a person makes a huge difference when it comes to success. Choose a school that meets your needs. If you are not happy and comfortable it will be harder for you to accomplish what you want to. Choosing a school is not necessarily about choosing the best academic program or the highest rating, it is about fitting into a community of people and learning about the world and life together. In order to make the most of your college experience, it is important to be involved. Go out on a limb and talk to people even if you are a shy person. Get involved with activities even if they sound dumb. It will be worth it. Enjoy!

I wish that I had known how much fun I was going to have while being taught. I also wish that I had known about all the wonderful relationships that I would make because it would have taken away my nervousness at being in an entirely new situation. CBU is amazing and the people are wonderful.

California Baptist University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.