Riverside, CA
California Baptist University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend California Baptist University

Fixed  rate loan

Breanna

If I could go back and tell my highschool self something, I would certainly say to not spend my money so foolishly. College isn't cheap. I would have saved every penny I got or made. I would have told myslef to learn better study habits. I was in avid so I got time mangement and neat skills down, but I now need to learn to study better. Also, I would tell my highschool slef not to sweat, college isn't sacry just like highschool, but you are paying for it. You have to take lots of notes and good ones. I would also say wear a watch so that way you can get to your classes on time and no miss any. You need to learn your college campus too. Even though people may help you find bulidings, your and adult so you are on your own. Lastly, I would say have fun and don't stress and just try and college is fun its another road in your life you will breeze through if you just follow what you know and get good grades.

A person who is school minded, and that has some kind of religous background. A person who wants to party this school isn't for them.They frown apond party. At this school you are there to learn and get your dregree. Any Peson who wants that, is welcome to this school, but you have to lots of displine to come here. I'm consantly busy with work , so you need to know how to time mange your work and get things done on time . Also a person who is just wanting to get school done.

When my friends ask about my school, I brag about all the students there are there to learn, and they aren't wanting to party and go crazy. They are School minded. I would also brag about how it is a private school, and most of the campus teachers and staff and christains. I would brag about the student to teacher ratio is really good. In all my class it less then 18 students. So you can really connect to your teachers. I would say that our food is really good., and our campus is really pretty and very green.

Nathaniel

The Engineering program is phenomenal. From the very first semester you get to actually practice the stuff you learn. The caf is amazing too.

Apply for scholarships early. Many take 6 months to be given and you don't want to realize later that you missed many scholarships that could have been a great help. When you're actually in college, put your alarm clock a good distance from your bed, because getting out of bed is a good start for actually getting up. Find out exactly where your classes will be at least a day before class: finding those classroom may take longer than you expect. Make sure you get some regular form of exercise, especially if you eat at the cafeteria. The freshman fifteen is no myth. If you can, consider doing homework soon after your classes; the concepts are fresh in your mind, and when you're done, you will probably feel relieved to have the rest of the day free. And don't be afraid to ask questions. There are a lot of people ready to help so there is no need to struggle alone.

Wild party people should probably not attend CBU because this university seems to take education pretty seriously.

Michelle

Honestly, if I could go back to high school in my senior year, I would tell my self to calm down. Senior year, for me, was especially a hard year since I was graduating a year early. On top of all that I was looking for scholarships and trying to get into college. If I could go back and take the time to enjoy the last year of college, I would love that! Most high schools and family stress how important going to college is and it is very true, but you also need to rememeber to enjoy life!

Tyler

California Baptist is best known for having good academics and a very helpfull faculty.

In a couple of years you are going to figure out that you are going to be majoring in kinesiology, so there is no need to take any buisness classes. You need to do your best from the very start in order to maintain a good grade point average. Try to maintain a healthy balance between academics, socialization, and sports; this will be an environment that you will be able to thrive in.

What I was majoring in, and how hard it is to bring your GPA up after a couple of average semesters.

Ryan

I would say to myself "Hey Ryan! Don't freak out I am from the future and I am here to tell you that college is awesome and you will mature so much. Don't be so focused on being popular but make a difference while you still have time. There are a lot of things on this campus that need to be fixed and stepping up and doing what is right will prepare you for what you will encounter in college. You will be challenged to work harder in your studies and need to start developing those habits with the time you have left. You need to remember that the habits you develop in college will effect the habits you have throughout your life, so be wise and stay focused on what matters most. Most importantly, remember to put God first in your life, the knowledge you recieve in college is valuable, but the only knowledge truly worth having is the knowledge of God for He gives everything purpose and meaning. Be excited for college, you will meet some of your best friends and your life will be changed forever because of it.

The best thing about CBU is the community, everyone is so friendly towards eachother and it is so easy to get involved.

The most frustrating thing about CBU would be the how crowded the cafeteria can get or the price of books at the book store.

Claudia

I would describe the majority to be driven,involved, and balanced in educational and campus activities.

I would advise myself to keep my GPA up and get involved in campus activities and community service clubs.

I think the worst thing must be the fact that the students' financial needs are not always taken care of. From personal experience, I would say that housing could be more flexible as payment options are concerned.

Irene

California Baptist University is a school dedicated to the success of their students. The first time I stepped into CBU I felt peace in the atmosphere. I went to many tours at different colleges but I did not feel at home or comfortable at other colleges. CBU was the only one I instantly felt I belonged. The combination at CBU of spiritual, educational and social growth is what makes CBU unique. Doing so it gives their students the chance to find their purpose in an enviroment that encourages their students not to be afraid to be themselves.

I will tell myself as a high school senior that college is harder than high school. I will tell myself to obtain good habits so that when I go to college it will not be hard for me to do well. In high school it was easy to depend on my teachers. In high school we have to ask teachers permission and explain. In college it us up to us to attend and no one will ask me anything. I will also tell myself that I should put more effort to get a high GPA and complete many scholarships. If I do this in high school, when I am in college I will not have to worry about getting money to pay for my education. I should keep in my mind that I should put effort to do well so I do not put a financial burden on my parents.Overall I would tell myself not to slack off in high school because I am the only one who will struggle in college and dragg my parents with me when it comes to paying for college. Good students get more money, in high school that should be my goal.

Whoever wants a small and personal setting should definetely attend California Baptist University. Those who should not attend are those that are not open to christian beliefs. This does not mean people that attend should be christian it just means they should respect christian beliefs and be open about it , seeing as it is a christian centered school. Also people that have unorderly conduct should not attend CBU becuase the peace and religious principles of CBU would be disturbed.

Miriam

It is a great school that opens many doors for its students, however it is a little pricey.

I truly wish that my life would have been a bit different. As a high school senior I didn't have much of a choice but to work and put my education aside. I wish I would of worked a little harder to fulfill my dreams and continue with my education. If I could go back in time and give myself advice, I would influence myself to work hard for what I want and never give up. I would say to myself "You will be a successful woman and don't you forget that." After all, your education is all you really have.

I think for the most part I know everything there is to know. I truly wish it wasn't so expensive but I guess education costs.

Laura

I would not give myself any advice, because I would not want to have to anticipate a moment that was told to me, or an outcome that I don't think I would like at the time. I wouldn't want it any other way of me not knowing the future. But if I did have to say one thing, I would say "don't worry, you're making the right decision." I feeel like if I say anything, it would mess up the enitire learning process that I went through in college.

Anyone should attend this school. Someone who is determined to learn, gain knowledge outside of the books, and have a goal set for where they want to be.

Any kind of person should attend this school, all different ethnicities; particularly more minorities would be helpful, more men as well, the school is full of girls. Anyone with different views on life, becuase the people here, particularly students need insight that life is not the life they have in their minds; but that there is more to life out there.

Kevin

Get a job as a senior and seriously work on time management skills, especially since you are participating in a sport. Since you will be living right on campus with all of your friends social invites are much harder to refuse, even though you know you should stay and study. Get your proiroties straight from the beginning , let your friends know exactly what days you want to hang out and what days are best for them and really respect those times. The hardest thing about campus living is that you really can't just go to your room and be alone. Learn how to find that quiet time early on, it is critical for academic, social and athletic success. Being a part of a team gives you immediate friends and that part is awesome.

someone who wants a small private college, who may have had trouble academically in a large public high school and needs a personal approach to academics but not a two year community college. A person attending this school should have a strong Christian faith, and a desire to live a clean, Christian based life. If you have any desire to drink, party or do drugs, even off campus you should seriously consider another school. Interest in community service and ministry is a plus.

A partier who wants a fast social scene and does not have any interest in serving others. Someone who would rather be lost and a non entity in their classes would not be a good fit

California Baptist University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.