Riverside, CA
California Baptist University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend California Baptist University

Virginia

CBU is a fun lerning invronment, and they really want you to get the most out of yourtime here (plus the other students are great).

Find a college that has friendly people, small classes, and good professors. When looking at finding the right place do several campus tours and talk with everyone that you come into contact with. It's very wise to do research about the school online, then you find out what the students really think.

I really like Wanda's, it's our own on campus coffee shop and everyone is aleays there.

Julie

The college that is right for on student may not be right for your student. Do your research and visit the campus unannouced...

The best thing about CBU is ther mission statement. They belive in preparing men and women to reach others for Christ in whatever field of lerning they choose.

Louis

I was very lucky when I was going to college, because my parents allowed me to look into the various colleges and investigate them and do all kinds of research - and they were very involved. But the best advice that I could give parents is to stay involved with your sons and daughters but let them make their own decisions. Talk to them about college and give them lots of resources. There is so much information out there to read and study. My parents had me looking on the internet, and they go me books - they also took me on tours of local campuses and we even had brunch at the campus that I finally decided to choose to apply to as my first choice. The most important part I think is to stay connected and to help them to make their own decision - remember that this is their life - and they need to live it. Help them with the dates for the tests (SAT, ACT) etc, and make sure they get those things done on time, and then make sure they get the applications in on time too - they will thank you at the final graduation!

I wish I had known more about the Scholarship programs that were available so that my parents were not both working two jobs each. They are both really great parents, and because they care so much about me and my twin brother, they both work two jobs because they dont want us to end up with any student loans after graduation. I see how tired they are, and I wish we could spend more time together. If I had applied for scholarships a few years ago, I think it may have helped them to be home with us more now.

I am proud that I attend a small Christian School that is teaching the gospel and also is such a great academic school. I have the opportunity to get a great education and meet many new friends. I am very lucky that I was accepted her at Cal Baptist University, and have wanted to come her all through High School, so I am living my dream and very excitied to graduate in June of 2011. I feel I am getting a great education, and am thankful to attend Chapel.

The atmosphere is so completely friendly and open. There is an immediate sense of belonging. The campus is beautiful and open, unlike many closed campuses that appear to have no open spaces. Just walking around campus is relaxing and there is always a sense of safety no matter the campus location. The school does a very good job at working with the students to make sure that they are succeeding and doing well.

When it comes to choosing the right college, the most important thing to consider is personality. Who you are as a person makes a huge difference when it comes to success. Choose a school that meets your needs. If you are not happy and comfortable it will be harder for you to accomplish what you want to. Choosing a school is not necessarily about choosing the best academic program or the highest rating, it is about fitting into a community of people and learning about the world and life together. In order to make the most of your college experience, it is important to be involved. Go out on a limb and talk to people even if you are a shy person. Get involved with activities even if they sound dumb. It will be worth it. Enjoy!

I wish that I had known how much fun I was going to have while being taught. I also wish that I had known about all the wonderful relationships that I would make because it would have taken away my nervousness at being in an entirely new situation. CBU is amazing and the people are wonderful.

Laura

A community of of faculty and students who strive to do their best in life, not just at school.

Everyone has heard the saying, "Live each day to its fullest" or "Carpe Diem!" And the reality is, it's true. Picking a college is one of the biggest decisions a student makes as he or she walks into the next phase of life. A decision will always effect some outcome, however, it's always the way one takes the outcome, the experience. The university I am attending at the moment was not my first choice, but I did not choose to sulk about my decision. I took life as it came at me. New people, new teachers, new school, away from home, a totally different feel. But I have no regrets. It does not matter to what extent of merits a school has, it matters to what degree of work one puts in. My daddy always told me, "When you're good, you're good. Wherever you go you will be able to stand." So, my advice is to take each day of life with joy regardless of the situation. I believe the "right college" is what one makes out of the college experience, not what college one chooses.

The faculty and teachers are great. The teachers are so caring, and helpful both with regards to academic issues and personal issues.

Shawne

i encourage the student to visit the campus, stay a few nights and attend classes with students. Our school sponsers an event called 24, where the student comes and stays with a student on campus for a whole day. during 24 the individuals attend class with the students and get a glimpse of the social life/environment of the campus. Making the most of your college experience is to meet new people. do not be shy, become involved in sports, activities and events.

The worst thing about my school is when it rains because we have to walk to class and sometimes it gets windy.

Our school is very diverse. we have students from all over the world. anyone can attend this university and i encourage any and everybody to apply.

Kristina

CBU is a desirable, Christian school, with amazing professors, and a place where you feel at home.

Finding the right college may seem easy or difficult to others, but there are many choices to make, so before making a decision, it is best to know about how much you expect to afford in expenses, loans, etc., explore the city you will live in, and make sure this is a college you can see yourself attending for more than two years. Making the most of the college experience is important when you know what to expect and what is available to you. When the college is more than willing to help you with all your needs and answer your questions, then you know that your experience will be unforgettable!

A person who is open to the Christian religion or is a Christian, somebody who is dedicated to learning and does not mind being involved in group projects, somebody who loves music, somebody who has the desire to go to third world countries to be a community volunteer, and people who want to make life long friends.

Bethany

The location: the beach is 30 minutes away, the mountains is 30 minutes away and the desert is 30 minutes away. The size is perfect, you could feel like you know everyone on campus, and most of my teachers know me by name.

Going into college I was afraid of my surroundings the people and the idea of failure. I searched for a college where none of these concerns would be a problem. Unfortunately there was and is no such school. What I found that was invaluable in my school was the awareness of the staff and faculty and other students to all the concerns which I had. The idea that a school can see the needs and desires of its students is rare. So look for a college that truly desires to know its students and aid in their goals personally, academically, and spiritually (for me as a Christian). The growth of major should depend not on the growth of the student body but on the passion of the current studentsFinding a school where the focus is to alleviate the worries of the students in any way possible was truly the most beneficial thing to me. Focusing on finding a college that focuses on the students and not on its own prestige is what truly would make the most difference.

The campus is beautiful and the classes are not too big. The professors are truly passionate about what they teach and want to help the students to understand their passion, as well. The freinds that you could meet their, all throughout your 4 years are truly some of the best people that you will know. Finally the new music program and the growing theatre program is truly inspired and faith focused, which is wonderful as a Christian.

Make sure you visit the school when the students are there, and your parent's aren't around. It is important to look at the school with your parents, but make sure there is an opportunity that you can experience the school like you are an actual student. Check out what students do for fun, and make sure that is what you are into. Likewise, check out whether there are good places to get away and study in if your dorm or apartment is too noisy or distracting.

The people are so friendly, and the close-knit environment

Someone who wants a close knit community with small class sizes and great proffessors. Someone who wants a smaller school and classes that are taught from a christian prospective

Wesley

Realize you will live on after high school, work hard and go somewhere nice.

Realize you will live on after high school, work hard and go somewhere nice.

The relationships you build with the professors.

Racial ignorance, expensive, terrible weather. Why? Most people in riverside have very little contact with other races that are not white. Expensive? We pay too much to be here. Terrible weather? El Nino.

California Baptist University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.