Riverside, CA
California Baptist University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend California Baptist University

Justin

unique group and diverse culturally

unique group and diverse culturally

Do not get too caught up in prestige of a university. Rather, focus on your personality. You need to holistically look at a unviersity in order to see which one best fits your personality. I loved my school because of its overall environment. Trust your instinct, but also look into the services a university provides. Do they have opportunities for learning both educationally and socially? Look for schools that will best help foster your developmental experience over the next four years.

The beautiful the campus, the great community. The friends I made.

Kristen

They are accepting and energetic, always there when you need them.

They are accepting and energetic, always there when you need them.

To parents: Keep in mind the wishes and desires of your child. If they are not fully satisfied with the college they end up at, the chances of them succeeding and striving to do well are rare. To students: Follow your dreams. If there is something you seriously want to pursue, then go for it! You'll never know if you don't try!

Someone who does not wish to become a follower of Jesus Christ.

I would tell them to visit each school in person because my first choice on paper, was not the place where I felt at home and liked the feel of the campus the best, which ended up playing a role in changing my mind and was one reason why I did not pick my first choice.

Everyone here is so nice and really care about you. It is a smaller school so you get to have a lot of interaction with your professor's . The campus is pretty, safe, and has great food! The school has a global outlook and as a student you have a chance to travel around the world helping others. The school cares about your spirital development as well as your education.

The places that I have been able to travel to with my school. The great food. My great professor.

Andraya

The advice that I would tell parents and students is to find a college that is right for you and has what you are looking. GO and meet the people and see how people live on campus. Pick something that will make the student happy and not the parents because in the end if you dont like then you will have to go through the long process of changing schools. Also find a school that specializes in your particular field of study, because if they have a good program you will learn more and succeed in your future career. Don't follow friends or go for the fun, go for the education because that will benefit your future jobs.

The best thing about my school is the friendly people that always smile and say hi to you and the small classes. This is the best because I learn more and can interact more with the teacher when there is a small classroom and when people are nice to me that just makes my day better.

The worst thing about my school is having to attend a chapel service every week that only plays a certain kind of music. This is the worst because they do not cater to all the other types of Christian music that is out there.

April

My classmates are well focussed, most of the time but others are disrubtive, you just need to be careful who you sit by.

The advice I would give them when seeking a college is to know what the child wants to do as a career. They should also have the idea for what type of school experience they want. I mean do they want a private or public univeisty, secular or religious. Then to make the most of the experience I would tell the students to live on campus. To expecially live in the dorms. I made my best friends there and the time I spent in my dorm was exciting. I would also say to stay on campus during the weekends becase that is when you actually have time to hangout and talk with people. Another thing I would tell the students is not to be afraid of taliking to there professors. The proffessors are there to help them and will give good adviece. The parents need to learn that their child has grown and to trtust they will make the right decision. By encouaging the student and hopeing they make the right choice the parenet makes the expeirnece so much better.

My school is a Baptist Univerisity open to most people, it seems a though anyone can get in and they really want to enlarge the student body, it is very friendly however.

Andrew

Your first choice may not always be your best choice. Just because a school is no Harvard does not mean that its academic programs are bad, it just means that it isn't Harvard. You can still get a great job after graduation and then with hard work you will get to where you want to be in 10 years. I go to school with 4000 students and my social life is very active. I am involved in campus in student government which has only created more oppurtunities for me to get involved. Usually with a smaller campus students are able to get more academic help than on a larger campus. My professors are readily available for help and know me by my first name. They give me their phone numbers in case I need help after they leave campus. Live on campus!!! When students live off campus, it creates a tension that they have when trying to get involved on campus. Although there will always be oppurtunities to get involved, the experience will never be the same as living on campus. My friends for life because we have lived together and know what is needed to help each other.

A university committed to the Great Commission.

People here are so friendly and make students feel welcome. I have no doubts about choosing this school for its social and academic qualities. I love it and am glad that I chose California Baptist University for college.

Deborah

I would most definitely reccommend that you research the different schools in the area you would like to go. After you discover the many different campuses, keep in mind the student/teacher ratio, campus meal plans, campus housing, off-campus housing, extra curricular activities, boy/girl ratio, overall academic excellence, as well as surrounding ammenities. It is important to find out not only the academic side of the school, but also what surrounds the school - most students, if not all, tend to go off campus rather than be cooped up in their room on campus; so if that is the case, you need to make sure there are fun things to do around you (amusement parks, beaches, mountains, arcades, plaza's, etc.). The last thing i would reccommend is to take a tour of the schools that interest you, then narrow down to about two or three schools. Visit those campuses again, and find out if they have any overnight stays or programs for prospective students (California Baptist University allows prospective students to stay the night in a dorm room with actual students, go to classes with them, and see how campus life really works).

What is really unique about California Baptist University is the student/teacher relationship. Our class sizes are not overwhelming; there are enough students to fill up a classroom, but not too many that you would not be remembered. Our professor's really care about the well-being of their students, and will go out of their way to help in as many wasy as possible. Because the class sizes are not overwhelmingly big, professor's are able to have more individual disscussions and have a better relationship with their students.

What I enjoy most about California Baptist University is our school spirit. We are known as the "CBU Crazies," and at every sporting event we hold, our students fill the bleachers. Most - if not all - are wearing their "Crazies" shirt and are seen with face paint , posters, whistles, and enough stamina to be crazy during the entire game. I love the school spirit!

Melissa

My advice would be to go with the one that your heart is set on. Also to visit the school, and if all possible stay over night and try to attend a few classes and eat in the cafeteria so that you can really get a hang of how the school is.

That my roommate freshman year would be hard to get along with.

California Baptist University is a welcoming school full of fun and energy. The students have great enthusiasm for the sporting events and athletes. It is a school seen as a community where everyone is loving, caring, and keep a positive attitude. Finding great people as life-ling friends is an easy search at CBU. With providing great classes, professors, friends, and chapels, it is a great place for Christians to grow in the spiritual walk.

Looking at the other schools I considered, I find that I really did choose the best school for me. California Baptist University, the school I now attend, is a small, private, Christian college like the others I was inquiring. One thing that stood out to me about CBU is the welcoming and friendly staff, faculty, and upper classmen. The warming invitation I received was one of my deciding factors because it was the environment I wanted to live in.

Out of so many options, finding the right college for you is not always the easiest task. It is important to be sure you will be recieving great education from inspiring, approachable, and intelligent professors. It should be a place where you may openly ask questions and give answers. Taking a trip to see the college and attending classes is a great way to get a glimpse of what you may be entering into. It is also important to surround yourself in an environment you feel most comfortable and welcomed. It should be a place where you feel at home. Some people do not want to be far from home while many others want to be as far as they can get. Keeping in mind, you can be a far as you want even if you are only ten miles away, don't let distance be a deciding factor. Enroll into a college where you love the weather and the atmosphere surrounding it. Being there is a time in your life to have fun meeting as many friends as possible, experiencing the college life, and making the most out of everything. Get involved in every opportunity given.

My first word of advice is that parents allow the student to look for their own college. Do not choose their college for them. It is the students responsibility and is always a great idea to be involved in their search but parents must allow the student to make the ultimate decision. It is their future and their future only. Parents can help look for colleges, help the student to figure out whats good or bad about a particular college, aid them in university tours, etc. Parents should be involved. Also, when applying for colleges as a student, do not put all your eggs in one basket. In other words, do not apply for just one. Give yourself options by applying for several or as many as you want. As a student, the single best piece of advice I can offer is to not procrastinate...with anything. Get the applications out of the way before their deadlines; apply for fafsa right away; apply for loans and scholarships right away. Once in school do not put off assignments or studying. Thats ok if you work well under pressure, some people do. Other than that, study first, play later and have fun.

Happy, sports oriented, motivated, Christian glad to be alive for Jesus

Internet is everywhere but not wireless

California Baptist University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.