Riverside, CA
California Baptist University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend California Baptist University

Fixed  rate loan

Brad

Hello Brad, The first thing you need to know is that college life is a challenge, both socially and scholastically. Prepare for your classes by purchasing all class materials as soon as the syllabus becomes available. Seek the assistance of the guidance counselor in mapping out your entire college career. You are not much for partying, so take the opportunity to further your studies and perfect your craft as a student athlete. Create good study habits. Be attentive, stay focused, and follow instructions. Ask questions if you do not understand something. College is not rocket science, it is career and life preparation. Soak up the opportunity to learn new things from new people. Come out of your shell. Ask the hard questions. Engage conversation with those you don't seem to have anything in common with. Find yourself. Express yourself. It is ok to be you. Complete every task to the best of your ability, cutting no corners. Have fun! Dream big! Commit!

I was given full disclosure of any and all expectations as a student prior to admission.

Thus far, I have not had any complaints about my institution, the staff, or faculty.

Although it is hard to live far away from your family, you really learn how to be on your own and you really grow as an adult. I've learned that this was the best option for me because I've become more independent than I could ever imagine! It's been great living far away from my family even though I hate not being able to see them like I used to.

We need more space for chapel, on the days where everyone goes to chapel its really crowded.

If you have no interest in learning about God or The Bible what-so-ever this school isn't a very good option for you.

Maddison

The classmates that I have had the chance to work with become not only classmates but allies per say. Without them some assignments would have more blanks then you would wish to leave. They pull all nighters with you, and really do become the friends that you will have for life.

The most advice that I would give to myself, is to actually take your academics more seriously, but to also have more fun! I didn't go into college with the best GPA. To be honest I wasn't expecting to get into any 4 year college. So to say the least your grades don't make everything so don't stress if you forgot to do that assignment. I would also tell my high school senior self that sleep is precious, do not pull an all nighter just because! Sleep! Also, coffee. Coffee is not gross so get used to it!

When making decisions about college, and working so hard in college, a lot people will say college is so much easier! You get to make your own schedule, go when you want or don't want. I say false. I really wish I knew how much work college would be. If there is one thing that college has taught me it is that sleep isn't required to survive only coffee is, and your planner and calander are your two very best friends.

Our school is best known for our engineering program and nursing programs which have both expanded tremendously in the past few years. The Nursing building was renovated in the past year with up to date machines and technology. The ever expanding engineering program will be adding another building to the campus very soon. Also, in 2014 our campus food was ranked #2 on the best college foods in California. Sunday brunch is the biggest hit here at cbu, people all over Riverside come just to eat the delicious brunch.

If I could go back in time to senior year, I would tell myself to apply for as many schools as possible. Give yourself options and variety in the schools you get to choose from. Just enjoy yourself, because after graduation nothing about high school really matters anymore. Nobody cares what you got on your SAT or what your gpa was, it is all in the past and there is a fresh start to reinvent yourself. Go into college being open minded and talk to everyone, because you need people to keep you sane and focused at the same time. Have fun, but stay on top of your school work as well, it is the most important thing at the end of the day. This is the most cliche saying that everyone says, but it is true, these are the best years of a young persons life, so enjoy them. Go out and be adventorous and do things you have never done before, because before you know it, you'll be put into the real world trying to find and job and start your life.

California Baptist University is what I expected, it is a Christian environment where there are rules. So if you want someone telling you what you can and cannot do, then do not come here. It is not the typical college experience like most people think college should be like. Other than that, it is a school where the professors believe in you and want you to succeed. The school is known for their engineering and nursing programs, which are both amazing. Overall, the campus environment is very positive and welcoming.

Each of my classmates are a group of extremely motivated, intelligent, and incredible individuals; they are what makes the class enjoyable.

I would tell myself not to be afraid. Being in college is completely worth it; all the things your teachers and friends already in college are telling you is true. There will be bumps in the road; you will spend hours upon hours styuding for an exam, you will have to learn personal responsiblility through handling your own schedule and working out your own finances. It will not be easy, but one thing is certain- you have Jesus! Mathew 6: 25-27 says, “Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing? Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life?" Remember this! That college is an adventure that you get to experience! Don't let worry consume you and rob you of your joy- trust the Lord!

When I talk about California Baptist University (CBU), I cannot help but boast about the wonderful community I have been able to get to know this past semester. As a freshman, I have been overwhelmed with kidness and excitment for school, for life, for Jesus Christ. That all has been a huge blessing to me, and I just can't hold back from sharing it with all who ask about my school.

Ilbret

Don't ever be afraid of trying new things and following your true hearts desires. Never pursue an education based on what other people feel like is the best fit for you, pursue an education because you see yourself doing something that you passionately love. I have learned that you will fail a couple times and fall down, before you pick yourself back up and succeed. What you choose to do is the thing that you will spend the rest of your life doing, not anyone else. So, chase the dream that you are passionate about and don't ever let anyone else's negative feedback or any opinions hinder you from reaching the light at the end of the tunnel. In the end, when you love what you do as a career, you will never find yourself working a single day in your life. That is what fulfilling a dream is all about. If you see the light at the end of the tunnel, never give up. I found that age is just a number and it's never too late to achieve your goals, so I am doing just that, continuing to reach my ultimate dream.

That financial aid helps you out more than you expected and the fact, as I mentioned in the previous post, that your professor are truly willing to help you out whenever you get stuck in any situations. You don't have to worry about anything that you share with them because there is that peace in knowing that you can confide in them at all times.

I always tell my friends that my schools teacher-to-student ration cannot be beat! The way that our professors spend quality time on getting to know us better and actually call us by name around campus, is an amazing feeling! I always feel so welcomed. Also, the fact that I am NEVER waitlisted in any of my courses, allows me to feel truly confident in completing school on time instead of being pushed back an extra semester due to full capacity in public schools or classes.

Destiny

Get out of your comfort zone! High school was by far the easiest time of my life and yet I still put myself in a bubble. I was shy, I was and still am an extreme introvert and of all things that is by far my biggest downfall. Volunteer, get involved, make yourself known, and don't hold back. The four years I spent in high school I spent a lot of time worrying about what others would think of me, or just scared as to how I would look trying something new. I wish I wouldn't have. College is supposed to be the greatest years of your life and if you can't let yourself enjoy it all, you're wasting your own time, and there is no need for that. Be creative, be fun, be yourself. Learn to live.

Personally, while although not the worst but a drawback is the environment for commuters. I can't afford to live on campus which takes away from the college experience as a whole. I would love to be more involved and spend more time, but in reality it's just not possible. There are numerous activities for students living on campus but much less for commuters.

Of all things, the professors are the ones I brag about the most. As a private university you do get a feel of home, or even a sense of belonging due to the fact that you know the teachers genuinely care about their students. As a first year college student, I walked in blind and I am so thankful for the professors I have had the oppurtunity to learn under.

Chanelle

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself two key things: stop caring so much about what people think about you and to get involved as much as you can when you get to college. Having grown up in a town of upper-middle class to wealthy people, I was very much concerned with how I talked, dressed and what car I drove. I knew who I was as a person, but was so caught up in trying to impress those around me. Now that I am in college, I would return and tell myself that those material things do not matter; just be exactly who you want to be and people will accept you for the way you are. If they do no accept you, then you do not need those people in your life. Getting involved in college is one of the best things I have ever done. It has brought me many friends and experiences that I wouldn't have outside of those activities. I would also want to tell myself how important getting involved is.

The best thing about CBU is the spiritual aspect. There is a large emphasis on your relationship with God and there are plenty of opportunities to strengthen that relationship. The best thing within the spiritual aspect is CBU's focus on missions. Every year CBU sends out hundreds of students to reach those in other countries that are not reached.

There is nothing I would consider to be awful at CBU, but one thing that can get annoying is how empty the school is on the weekends. I live 8 hours away from CBU, so I can't go home on the weekends like most people do, sometimes leaving the campus feeling uneventful.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself that I should be financially prepared because college will be a huge financial burden upon myself. I would also tell my high school senior self, that procrastination is the enemy. If you procrastinate in college, you will find yourself stuck in the library the night before your assignment is due cramming it in becasue you thought it wouldn't take as long to complete as you thought it would. One last thing, it is okay to change your major to figure out what it is you want to do. You may think you have it right the first time, but if you feel like you are not passionate about what you are donig, then it's okay to change the direction your life is headed in.

Before I came to CBU, I wish I would have known that the tutition was going to increase after my second year at the school. I also wish I would have known that because of the tutition increase I would not get as much financial aid as I did the first two years. It has been hard dealing with that, but I am doing the best I can to pay off each semester so that I can complete my Bachelor's of Science in Nursing and my Spanish minor.

The most frustrating thing about my school is being open about my sexual orientation. I have been in a relationship with a woman, and it is hard for us to be together in public at the school because if we show any type of PDA people will know we are dating, and same sex relationships are not tolerated at my university.

Vanessa

California Baptist University makes it an enjoyable experience for students striving for their goal to success.

There is nothing bad about I can say about California Baptist University.

California Baptist University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.