Riverside, CA
California Baptist University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend California Baptist University

Fixed  rate loan

Fixed  rate loan

Brittney

Driven and smart. They are always friendly and entertaining

Driven and smart. They are always friendly and entertaining

If I could go back in time I would tell myself to have more fun and try more things. I would try not to be so shy and worried about what others would think of me. The biggest thing I would change or tell myself to do differently would be to immediatly go to a four year university instead of going to community college and getting a job right out of high school. I think the way I did it put more pressure on me about trying to grow up too fast.

For me the only thing I can think of is that it is so far away from where I live

Katie

Take your studies serious now and be involved in student leadership. Focusing in those two areas will help set up a successful future for you at college and the rest of your life. Just remember that every "A" you get in high school it equals $1,000 in scholarship and grant money. Keep focused and be diligent in your studies because when you do, you will have a much higher success rate while your attending college! Keep pushing when life gets hard because it will all be worth it when you land that dream job of yours because you studied and became a more wellrounded person because of all the student leadership you were involved in. You Can Do It!!! Keep up the hard work and you will reap the benefits!

Adelia

The advice that I would give my younger high school senior would have been to have done better in school and not gotten poor grades in math. I would have taken the opportunity to having gone to California State University Fullerton and to leave off campus on my own. I would have looked for a stable job and interships in the meantime, and I would have chosen History as my major right away.

randall

Start school early, I have made the mistake of putting it off for many years. I am now 29 years old and it has been much more difficult to get back into the school life. Be ready to work hard right from the start, your GPA will be so important for you as you try to get money for school. Remember once your GPA drops it is much more difficult to bring it back up than to just keep it up there. Take this time of your life seriously but don't forget to enjoy it. I have loved every moment of school. There have been hard times, you will struggle, but this will be a time in your life where you will really start to see who you are. Socrates said "The unexamined life is a life not worth living". College is where you get to find out who you are, make the most of it.

I feel like it would not have mattered the school is so great at making you feel welcome and walking you through all the steps.

Anyone who is interested in higher learning especially from the Christian perspective.

EVELYN

I would have to say to pick a school that would most benefit you. Do not transfer to all these colleges, pick one and stick with it. Also make friends early in the semester so you can create study groups. Studying is key to passing. Making friends that care about their education as much as you do will help you succeed. Another thing would be to get involved. Time flies so make sure you get involved on campus somehow. Whether it is attending the volleyball or basketball game, or going to events where there are professional speakers, get involved. Also, talk to your professors. Get to know them and interact with them. The professors are there to help you, but they will never get to know you if you don't interact or ask questions. Do not be afraid to ask questions on something you do not understand. Last but not least, save money!! Learn how to save for emergencies such as buying an expensive textbook, or being hungry when you have a full day on campus. All these things are important and needed to reduce the stress and worry as a college student.

I brag about how beautiful our campus is. It is so natural and pretty. The campus is big but not too big.

The most frustrating thing about my school is parking. It is so hard to find parking at times. When people are walking to the parking lot I feel like a follow them in hopes that they are leaving.

Monique

If I could go back in time and give myself as a high school senior advice it would most definitely be to study harder and learn new study habits because college is not a breeze. I also would tell myself to try and get a higher GPA to get academic grants and play a sport to help get some scholarships that way. Also i would make sure I put in more time doing scholarships than I did at work.

The best thing attending California Baptist University is the environment. It is super friendly and easy to talk to the Professors.

I recommend those that are christian or trying to grow a relationship with Christ to attend this school. Also i recommend those who do not feel as if they fit in with the party crowd because it involves drinking and drugs. CBU provides many events that do not contain any drugs and drinking and still is super fun.

Jackie

If I could go back in time and give advice to my high school self about college, I would tell myself to not reject the pricier schools in the area because my current university (which is close to where I lived during high school) is worth every penny. I would then tell myself to be ready to pay for school without any help from family. It is important to learn to be self-sufficient and be ready in case the bottom drops out again. It would also be important to tell my younger self that there is such a thing as too much studying. Overexamining material can lead to unnecessary stress and will actually hinder the learning process. Stress relief and healthy self-care habits are necessary to be able to retain information. Lastly, I would tell myself to save money as much as possible. My family cannot help me pay for anything, and I wish I had saved more money while I was only working and not going to school in my early twenties.

A person who attends this school should be driven, comfortable expressing their religious/spiritual beliefs, and should be comfortable with prayer in the classroom. They should expect to work hard and not party, as this is a dry campus that professes conservative views about life and the college experience. This school also highly supports witnessing and missions. Faith is an integral part of education here, and it really makes for a much better experience than other campuses can provide.

Andrea

I think my school has really good academic advisors and professor that provide alot of guidance. Having such great help, helps me be more confident in my decision making as a college student and what roads for the best to take. Most of them have gone through what were going through and that makes me have alot of confidence talking to them because i know that they have my best interest in mind and they want to help me succeed at my college education.

I would tell my high school senior self to be prepared for a big change in your life to happen. Enjoy this new chapter in your life because it is going to fly by and it isnt ALL about studying and homework and tests, but also enjoying it. It is a great time in your life and it deserves to be enjoyed. Of course, keeping up in your studies and doing your best is key. Dont procrastinate on anything because itll cause you to procastinate ton other things. Dont be afraid to get out of your comfort zone and try new things cause you wont regret it. College is where you meet some of the best people and some of the people you will be friends with for the rest of your life. So, enjoy it, embrace it and go into it with no doubts or fears.

I wish i would have known how to plan our my schedule better, balancing both my major requirements with my general education. This would have helped me to stay on track on the road to graduating. I want to try and graduate early so knowing how to balance the two would have helped me alot.

My school is best known for being a school of excellence while also remaining one of the most affordable, private, Christian colleges in California.

I would tell my past self not to be intimidated by college. I would tell myself to let go of my feelings of inferiority and go for it. I would tell that shy, self-conscious girl that college is a place that she will thrive and grow to become the best version of herself. I would tell myself that it will be scary, but I have all that it takes to shine and achieve greatness inside of me, that I just need to find the right school and the right people to help me reach my goals. i would tell myself that I can do it, to trust myself, my abilities, and my intelligence. I would hug myself and tell myself that there are people in the world that valiue education as much as I do, I just have to step outside of my comfort zone and find them. I would tell myself not to wait until I was twenty-six to go to school. I would tell myself that anything is possible if you have belief in yourself, a good support system, and God.

I don't think someone that isn't motivated to learn, grow, or be pushed outside of their comfort zone in terms of new experiences should attend CBU.

Heather

I would tell myself to not hold back. When I was in high school, I told myself working full time was more important than getting an education. If I could go back, I would tell myself to go to school before anything else. An education is so important and the sooner it is acquired, the better equipped you are to enter adulthood and be successful in any desired career path. I so wish I could start over again and have the full college experience: dorm life, study groups, full time classes...even the worry about student loans! Taking a break from school right after senior year is the worst decision I could have made. It makes it that much harder to pick up where you left off and continue down that path. If I could go back, I would tell myself to continue with my education, press forward, and enjoy every moment of it.

CalBaptist is for those interested in growing spiritually, mentally, and emotionally. Classes are smaller which allow greater student/teacher interaction. Those interested in finding their career path with a Godly worldview are great candidates for CalBaptist.

Those who do not wish to incorporate a spiritual element into their education may not reap the full benefits of attending CalBaptist. As a private university, CalBaptist expressively invites God into the classroom, including scriptural application, both in and out of the classroom. Those who wish to not partake of such a fulfilling experience, or do not carry the same beliefs would not benefit from this experience. Though they are always welcome!

California Baptist University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.