Riverside, CA
California Baptist University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend California Baptist University

Additional Loan Options

Angel

This is the best school you could go to, and they make everyone feel great and special!

First off take the SAT's! Lots of people are encouraging you to go to community college but don't listen! It just takes longer to get through college! Stay focused now so it will pay off for your future in college. Don't let home life affect your studies ever. College life will be exciting, fun, but challenging and lots of work! Work on not being such a procrastinator now because that doesn't fly in college and makes life way more stressful then it needs to be! School first, fun later. Work on study skills now. Trust me! It will help you be successful in college. Now there will be stumbling blocks on your way to achieve your education, but keep going! Don't give up! Failures aren't people who fall down, rather people who fall down and never get up. If getting a degree were easy, then everyone would do it! By the way dump that boyfriend now! Six years down the road he breaks up with you, leaving you heart-broken and affecting your schoolwork and studies. Schools more important! Lastly always keep going, especially in those moments where you want to quit!

Someone who wants to go to a school that makes you feel like its all about you. This is a Christian school but they are very accepting of others, so Christians and non-Christians. Someone who wants a small feel to a school and feel individually important to your professors. Someone who wants to make friends for life and get a great college education. Someone who wants to play sports. Anyone who just wants the best education possible!

jocelyne

CBU is best known for being one of the top private Christian universities; they offer bachelors, masters and credential programs, they have a variety of majors , minors and programs to choose from. Not only that but CBU is also known for their beautiful campus.

i dont believe that there is anything that's frustrating at CBU.

Digory

Knowing what I now know about college, I would tell myself not to be scared of these exciting changes and that working your butt off to apply for all the sholarships you can get your greedy little hands on will pay off. While the constant, repetitive, and generic essays may seem quite pedantic and meticulous the award of even "small" portions of college tuition will be worthwhile, as the repayment of student loans requires the borrower to pay back this money with interest. Therefore, any payment taken off of tuition will be time and energy well spent. Think of it this way: even if you spend ten hours on a $500 scholarship essay that's still $50/hour which is far more than any high school student can expect to make bfore pursuing an education. I'd tell myself to try my hardest and that things will get easier and less stressful in time. Good luck old me!

I would consider the biggest issue on my campus to be the lack of diversity within the student body. An increase in diversity, whether it be ethnic, religious, sexual orientation, or gender identification, an exposure to this diversification can lead to a more well-rounded and accepting individual. Which is sadly lacking on our campus; fortunately though, Milwaukee itself does not lack in diversity at all.

The most frustrating aspect of Marquette is the idealogy of some of the student body as they tend to hail from more well-to-do families. The treatment of the education and what it costs them is very different from the students who come from lower to middle-range family incomes and pay for their own education.

Briana

As a high school senior, the only thing that held any sort of importance to me was my friends. School, let alone academics was not even a concern of mine. I graduated without glancing at my transcripts. If I could go back, and yell myself into action and responsibility, I would do it without a second thought. I would make myself apply for colleges, take the SATs and ACTs. Not only that, I would tell myself to go to a tutor and actually try. I never took High school serious. If I could go back, I would tell myself to take pride in my school work, as much as I did with my job.

California Baptist University is a Christian University, forming much of its academic foundation on biblical beliefs. It is not required to be a Christian to attend, however, chapel is required along with religious studies. I was skeptical at first because I had been sent to private schools growing up that left a bad taste in my mouth. However, CBU surprised me. Welcoming any type of student with full acceptance.

The help provided by Professors to pass your classes is unthinkable. With all of my experiences, they go out of their way to help, and if they can't, then The Academic Success Center is avaible for any enrolled student. The food is amazing, and the campus is incredibly beautiful!

Adrianna

If I could go back and talk to myself as a senior in high school there would be many things I would want to let her know. The first thing would be to not worry about making friends when you finally get to college. It seems a little ridiculous but that is one of the biggest fears all of my current friends had. I would assure my high school self that it would be nearly impossible to not make a friend. I think the next thing would be more of a warning to not get to overwhelmed, and really focus on the school work. It is very easy to get distracted in college. There is no one there telling you that you have to go to classes, or do the work, and while you will fail the course it doesn't seem as bad anymore because there isn't a parent yelling at you while holding a bad report card in your hand. I would encourage myself to do my best to remember that while there isn't as much pressure, I am still there for an education, and the fun can come second.

I believe the best thing about CBU is the community life it offers. There are always multiple events going on for anyone and everyone to attend. It gives many opportunities to meet new people, and make new connections. Not only this but there is almost always someone that you can go and talk to about any problems going on in your life at the moment. This is honestly one of the biggest benefits in attending CBU.

The worst thing ties in to the best thing of the events. Because while there are a ton of them if you commute to school rather than live on campus it is nearly impossible to know when any of these events are going on. You have to seriously listen and search for the times things are happening and most of the events are later at night which makes it quite difficult to attend.

Brad

Hello Brad, The first thing you need to know is that college life is a challenge, both socially and scholastically. Prepare for your classes by purchasing all class materials as soon as the syllabus becomes available. Seek the assistance of the guidance counselor in mapping out your entire college career. You are not much for partying, so take the opportunity to further your studies and perfect your craft as a student athlete. Create good study habits. Be attentive, stay focused, and follow instructions. Ask questions if you do not understand something. College is not rocket science, it is career and life preparation. Soak up the opportunity to learn new things from new people. Come out of your shell. Ask the hard questions. Engage conversation with those you don't seem to have anything in common with. Find yourself. Express yourself. It is ok to be you. Complete every task to the best of your ability, cutting no corners. Have fun! Dream big! Commit!

I was given full disclosure of any and all expectations as a student prior to admission.

Thus far, I have not had any complaints about my institution, the staff, or faculty.

Although it is hard to live far away from your family, you really learn how to be on your own and you really grow as an adult. I've learned that this was the best option for me because I've become more independent than I could ever imagine! It's been great living far away from my family even though I hate not being able to see them like I used to.

We need more space for chapel, on the days where everyone goes to chapel its really crowded.

If you have no interest in learning about God or The Bible what-so-ever this school isn't a very good option for you.

Maddison

The classmates that I have had the chance to work with become not only classmates but allies per say. Without them some assignments would have more blanks then you would wish to leave. They pull all nighters with you, and really do become the friends that you will have for life.

The most advice that I would give to myself, is to actually take your academics more seriously, but to also have more fun! I didn't go into college with the best GPA. To be honest I wasn't expecting to get into any 4 year college. So to say the least your grades don't make everything so don't stress if you forgot to do that assignment. I would also tell my high school senior self that sleep is precious, do not pull an all nighter just because! Sleep! Also, coffee. Coffee is not gross so get used to it!

When making decisions about college, and working so hard in college, a lot people will say college is so much easier! You get to make your own schedule, go when you want or don't want. I say false. I really wish I knew how much work college would be. If there is one thing that college has taught me it is that sleep isn't required to survive only coffee is, and your planner and calander are your two very best friends.

Our school is best known for our engineering program and nursing programs which have both expanded tremendously in the past few years. The Nursing building was renovated in the past year with up to date machines and technology. The ever expanding engineering program will be adding another building to the campus very soon. Also, in 2014 our campus food was ranked #2 on the best college foods in California. Sunday brunch is the biggest hit here at cbu, people all over Riverside come just to eat the delicious brunch.

If I could go back in time to senior year, I would tell myself to apply for as many schools as possible. Give yourself options and variety in the schools you get to choose from. Just enjoy yourself, because after graduation nothing about high school really matters anymore. Nobody cares what you got on your SAT or what your gpa was, it is all in the past and there is a fresh start to reinvent yourself. Go into college being open minded and talk to everyone, because you need people to keep you sane and focused at the same time. Have fun, but stay on top of your school work as well, it is the most important thing at the end of the day. This is the most cliche saying that everyone says, but it is true, these are the best years of a young persons life, so enjoy them. Go out and be adventorous and do things you have never done before, because before you know it, you'll be put into the real world trying to find and job and start your life.

California Baptist University is what I expected, it is a Christian environment where there are rules. So if you want someone telling you what you can and cannot do, then do not come here. It is not the typical college experience like most people think college should be like. Other than that, it is a school where the professors believe in you and want you to succeed. The school is known for their engineering and nursing programs, which are both amazing. Overall, the campus environment is very positive and welcoming.

Each of my classmates are a group of extremely motivated, intelligent, and incredible individuals; they are what makes the class enjoyable.

I would tell myself not to be afraid. Being in college is completely worth it; all the things your teachers and friends already in college are telling you is true. There will be bumps in the road; you will spend hours upon hours styuding for an exam, you will have to learn personal responsiblility through handling your own schedule and working out your own finances. It will not be easy, but one thing is certain- you have Jesus! Mathew 6: 25-27 says, “Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing? Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life?" Remember this! That college is an adventure that you get to experience! Don't let worry consume you and rob you of your joy- trust the Lord!

When I talk about California Baptist University (CBU), I cannot help but boast about the wonderful community I have been able to get to know this past semester. As a freshman, I have been overwhelmed with kidness and excitment for school, for life, for Jesus Christ. That all has been a huge blessing to me, and I just can't hold back from sharing it with all who ask about my school.

California Baptist University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.