California Baptist University

« See more reviews of California Baptist University

Get out of your comfort zone! High school was by far the easiest time of my life and yet I still put myself in a bubble. I was shy, I was and still am an extreme introvert and of all things that is by far my biggest downfall. Volunteer, get involved, make yourself known, and don't hold back. The four years I spent in high school I spent a lot of time worrying about what others would think of me, or just scared as to how I would look trying something new. I wish I wouldn't have. College is supposed to be the greatest years of your life and if you can't let yourself enjoy it all, you're wasting your own time, and there is no need for that. Be creative, be fun, be yourself. Learn to live.

One advice I would give to myself is to study hard and do the best in each class because college classes are hard and requires a lot of studying outside of the classrooms. Another advice I would give myself is to not worry about how scary college might be. Many high school seniors worry about college and are scared of the new transition happening in their lives. But I would tell myself to not worry because college might be scary the first day of school when you are trying to find your classrooms but the second day will not be scary at all. There are many friendly people that can become life-long friends, and college will be a place to help build and shape you into a successful person.

When making the transition from high school to college, remember to be yourself! A lot of students go into college and dive into the orientation week, which I highly recommend, but one thing I noticed was many people put on masks. They thought of college as a fresh start, which it can be, but many people were trying to pretend they were someone they really weren't. My advice is when you're starting at a new school, stay true to yourself and your values/beliefs while enjoying making new friends and becoming accustomed to the new school. Have fun and get involved, but surround yourself with good friends and don't be afraid to put yourself out there and get involved!

The best advice that I could give myself is to do my best in all of my school subjects. Many students think that Senior year in high school is all about having fun, which is partly true, but you must focus and finish strong. The more courses you take in high school means less courses in college and money saved in college tuition and other school necessities. You must go to college because no other route will give you a fulfilling life. A minimum wage paying job will not allow you to have any material goods or quality outings with the ones you love. Stay in school, stay focuses, and never give up on your dreams. Anything is possible if you set your mind to it.

Continue shooting for the moon, kiddo. And if you hit a stumping block, don't give up. You will have struggles. You will cry. You will want to quit. But never quit. You are capable of so much more than the world is telling you. Fight. Fight like a Phipps. Praise the Lord for every step in your journey--good or bad. Never lose faith. Your time is limited and you never know when it will be up, so live each moment to it's fullest. Remember how amazed your father was at your dreams...make him proud. One day he will look down on you from heaven and see that you never gave up the dream. Hold strong to that! Believe.

My advice would be to really pay attention to dead lines and the different schools you are interested in. Go off and visit most if not all of them. You can usually call schools ahead of time and plan a day for someone to take you around campus and talk to you. Remeber college is an experience, you want to know everything about it before you go there. The learning enviroment and classrooms are way more important than the social party life, because if you get discracted and flunk out of college it wasnt worth the time or money. College is definatally an investment, so make sure you invest in the right enviroment for you.

The advice that I would tell parents and students is to find a college that is right for you and has what you are looking. GO and meet the people and see how people live on campus. Pick something that will make the student happy and not the parents because in the end if you dont like then you will have to go through the long process of changing schools. Also find a school that specializes in your particular field of study, because if they have a good program you will learn more and succeed in your future career. Don't follow friends or go for the fun, go for the education because that will benefit your future jobs.

Finding the right college may seem easy or difficult to others, but there are many choices to make, so before making a decision, it is best to know about how much you expect to afford in expenses, loans, etc., explore the city you will live in, and make sure this is a college you can see yourself attending for more than two years. Making the most of the college experience is important when you know what to expect and what is available to you. When the college is more than willing to help you with all your needs and answer your questions, then you know that your experience will be unforgettable!

My college experience has set me on a life long quest to continue learning. Learning from experts in my field of study was so valuable to me now working in the field. I also have made lifelong relationships to glean off of when I need expert advice. This experience taught me that goals can be reached no matter how long it seems to take. It has encouraged me to continue reaching towards that final goal of finishing my graduate degree and getting licensed in my field. Doing this will enable me to work and make an income doing what I love. There is no other preperation better than this.

The main advice I would give myself is to be very proactive. Due to my laziness or lack of motivtaion I failed to apply for as many scholarships as I could have. The more scholarships I would have applied to the less I would have to pay out of pocket now and work off. By not looking into every opprotunity I could have I also missed the chance of exepiering living in a dorm. Being proactive could have also been in the classes I took in highschool. If I had taken more a.p. courses or any equivalent I could have saved a lot of time and money in courses that I could have taken in highschool.