California Baptist University

« See more reviews of California Baptist University

I truly wish that my life would have been a bit different. As a high school senior I didn't have much of a choice but to work and put my education aside. I wish I would of worked a little harder to fulfill my dreams and continue with my education. If I could go back in time and give myself advice, I would influence myself to work hard for what I want and never give up. I would say to myself "You will be a successful woman and don't you forget that." After all, your education is all you really have.

Do not get too caught up in prestige of a university. Rather, focus on your personality. You need to holistically look at a unviersity in order to see which one best fits your personality. I loved my school because of its overall environment. Trust your instinct, but also look into the services a university provides. Do they have opportunities for learning both educationally and socially? Look for schools that will best help foster your developmental experience over the next four years.

Honestly, if I could go back to high school in my senior year, I would tell my self to calm down. Senior year, for me, was especially a hard year since I was graduating a year early. On top of all that I was looking for scholarships and trying to get into college. If I could go back and take the time to enjoy the last year of college, I would love that! Most high schools and family stress how important going to college is and it is very true, but you also need to rememeber to enjoy life!

I would tell them to find a college where they can feel comfortable enough to call that college their second "home". that's exactly how I feel about CBU and I would never change my experience so far for any other. I have people around me to encourage and support me as I pursue. Look for a college where you wouldn't get distracted by outside activities. there are plenty activities at CBU, but I know what my priority is and I have full support from those around me both on and off campus.

If I were to go back to highschool I don't believe I would give myself advice. I think that everyone needs to learn lessons on thier own and college is a great way to do so. It gives you many choices, some good and some bad, but you are the one who decides which path to take. I feel like I would be cheating myself of an oppurtnity to grow by telling myself to beaware of this or dont do that. I would just reassure myself that it is worth the experience and that everything will be fine.

Make the initiative to visit colleges and talk with counselors to see what's best for me to attend college once graduated from high school. Make sure that the major I pick is what I really want so I accomplish the degree that I desire. Prepare myself to get all the necessary documents and start filling out application for financial aid. I will just do the overall preparation of going to school and make that I have everything in order and continue to speak with counselors.

The biggest piece of advice I would give to my highschool self is STOP PROCRASTINATING! If I have learned anything in college so far, it is that there is no time to mess around during class and that you cannot procrastinate. If you do then you will literally be swamped! So wake up, highschool senior Kayla, and get it together. Finish your assignments way before the deadline. Trust me and make it a habit now, or you are going to have a stressful freshman year of college!

Ife, be strong and believe in what you want. Stand up for what you want. Don't give up to easily. Please, don't let your circumstances distract you emotionally and academically. Please focus on your studies, please. Trust me, no situation will be too hard for you to bare. You are stronger than what you believe. You are smarter than what people have made you believe. Trust me, you can trust God. At the end God is who will stand true to you. Finish college. You can do it.

i would say. to go with my gut feeling and insticnt when it comes to picking the right school for you. i would say to utilize all the studying habits you learned in high school. save money now because you will most defenitly help you in the end and to not be discouraged by the amount that it cost to seek more scholarships and finacial help. there is hope and there is help out there and finacial assistance you just have to be willing to put in the work to find it. :)

Going back as a high school senior would allow me to tell myself so many things. For starters I would have told myself to study abroad for a semester. This became especially appart after I served in an orphanage in Africa for two weeks. I also feel like I would have told myself to prepare more for college, such as finding more scholarships for college early on. I also wish I would have explored other swimming and water polo programs in order to find the best fit.