California Baptist University

« See more reviews of California Baptist University

i encourage the student to visit the campus, stay a few nights and attend classes with students. Our school sponsers an event called 24, where the student comes and stays with a student on campus for a whole day. during 24 the individuals attend class with the students and get a glimpse of the social life/environment of the campus. Making the most of your college experience is to meet new people. do not be shy, become involved in sports, activities and events.

Make sure you visit the school when the students are there, and your parent's aren't around. It is important to look at the school with your parents, but make sure there is an opportunity that you can experience the school like you are an actual student. Check out what students do for fun, and make sure that is what you are into. Likewise, check out whether there are good places to get away and study in if your dorm or apartment is too noisy or distracting.

I would not change my decison about commming to Cal Baptist but I would definetly focus on getting more scholoarships before coming to this school. I have had to work to Jobs and baby sit on the side, and I feel likeit isa ffecting my grades. I am a person who willget an A in a calss but only becuase I have to sit there for hours studying, and working so much has taken away time from school. Other than that I have made am happy with where I am at.

If I could go back in time I would tell myself to have more fun and try more things. I would try not to be so shy and worried about what others would think of me. The biggest thing I would change or tell myself to do differently would be to immediatly go to a four year university instead of going to community college and getting a job right out of high school. I think the way I did it put more pressure on me about trying to grow up too fast.

I would not give myself any advice, because I would not want to have to anticipate a moment that was told to me, or an outcome that I don't think I would like at the time. I wouldn't want it any other way of me not knowing the future. But if I did have to say one thing, I would say "don't worry, you're making the right decision." I feeel like if I say anything, it would mess up the enitire learning process that I went through in college.

Advice i would give would would be to take AP classes and not have it so easy senior year because that way you are not so shock with all the stress. Also, to get more involved on campus and lead clubs. Another thing would be spend your time filling out and searching for scholarships all the time. One more thing would be to not take for granted the free days that seem to appear daily in high school that almost never happen in college.

I would say to focus more on my work and go to class. Do the best I could so that I can go to a school where I will succeed. I did not go to college right after school so I would say go to school right after you graduate. Do not hold back and to stop procrastinating, time flys and doing well in school is very important. Especially your senior year. College is important so make sure your ready to focus and of course have fun.

Don't be afriad of being alone. You won't be unless you try. Your life will be filled with opportunity and freedom you've never experienced, and responsibility will come with the process. Home will never be the same in every good way imaginable. You will value friendship and learn to set your own bedtime. Above all, dont be afriad of failure, because even when you lose a victory lies beneath the next page of your life.

My college experience was great because it helped me transition from being a kid to being an adult. It gave me a safe environment to grow and learn and really become who i was going to be from who I was. It is valuable to be at CBU because there are boundaries and guidance helping students to make good decisions and become men and women who will be able to engage the world around them, making it a better place.

Never procrastinate. You might think that you have it all under control, but college is so different from high school. You don't get second chances. If you miss a deadline then you have to suffer the consequences, so always do your work on time. Don't get caught up in the party scene either. Many people focus on the social aspects of college, but it's important to gain an education and focus on your studies.