California Baptist University

« See more reviews of California Baptist University

Dear Arianna, Make sure that you go to school right out of high school, move out and get on the dorms, really dig into life and make sure you take every oppertunity that you can. If you do not do it now you will end up working three jobs going to school full time and you will have to continually work twice as hard for your dreams because you did not accept that scholarship to that fancy university. Later in life you may be very upset about the decisions that you made so make sure you take every oppertunity that comes your way. It is important that you do not do what others feel that you should do, but rather what you feel you should do. Make sure you listen to your heart, as cheesy as that sounds, the only person that can make you happy is yourself so make sure that you do what you need to do in order to make yourself happy. Love, Your future self

College is easy and the transition to college life is easier than you think. Be excited because this new chapter in your life is an important one, but it goes by extremely fast. Everything happens for a reason, so learn from your mistakes for they'll make you wiser. In college, you will grow spiritually, mentally, and physically. You will push yourself pass limits you thought you could handle. You are never alone, even when you feel misunderstood. When you feel like you have hit rock bottom in life, remember if this is the bottom, up is the only way you can go. Two sayings to live by: 'Carpe Diem' and 'Momento Mori'. Carpe Diem mean live each day to the fullest; so regret nothing. Momento Mori mean remember that we are all mortal and we will all eventually die; so live each day as if it was your last. Life longer, Love deeper, Laugh harder!

Assuming that I could goo back in time and tell my high school student self about college life, I would definitely tell myself to take more risks. There are so many opportunities that I passed up because I was too scared to put myself out there. Instead of trying new things, I stood back and watched; instead of taking the opportunity to meet new friends, I stayed in my room and sulked. Life is so short. I would tell myself to not pass on all of the fun times and exciting pooprtunities just because of nervous fear . I would tell myself that it is not a crime or a horrible punishment to still be single because in singleness, I can be a blessing to another person. I would tell myself to look for reasons and opportunities to serve others in love. I would tell myself to live and to trust that God would not rip me off if I trusted in Him.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to try and take college classes during high school. I regret not getting more of my general education out of the way. Also, I would tell myself to not be so excited about the transition, because when I finally got here, I was very overwhelmed and I wanted to slow down and go back to high school when things weren't so crazy and busy. Finally, I would tell myself to consider carefully what major they want to take or just go undecided because with my major I am very overwhelmed with it. Even though this it's what I want to do for sure, I didn't consider how stressful my life would become and I was only thinking about the social life I would have. I love college and I wouldn't trade it for the world but I wish I could tell myself these few things.

If I could go back to talk to myself as a high school senior I would say, "you are going to go through some rough patches and bumpy roads, and you will feel like you want to just give up several times along the way, but know that the journey is worth the learning and growing that you'll do. Keep pressing forward because you will find that you like who you become and the heart of who you are will be revealed in your adversities, which will enable you to be a witness to others who are watching and waiting to see how you handle things. Your life will resound hope for those who feel like there is no reason to keep trying, and that will be worth every twist and turn that comes your way. Keep going, and keep listening to that whisper inside that longs to guide you. You will find your way and you will live your best life."

I would tell myself to not hold back. When I was in high school, I told myself working full time was more important than getting an education. If I could go back, I would tell myself to go to school before anything else. An education is so important and the sooner it is acquired, the better equipped you are to enter adulthood and be successful in any desired career path. I so wish I could start over again and have the full college experience: dorm life, study groups, full time classes...even the worry about student loans! Taking a break from school right after senior year is the worst decision I could have made. It makes it that much harder to pick up where you left off and continue down that path. If I could go back, I would tell myself to continue with my education, press forward, and enjoy every moment of it.

Emily, I know you tried college at nineteen and didn't like it and it was a scary experience. The foresite I have will help motavate you to remain in college and push through the fear. I know that you have only envisioned yourself as a stay-at-home mom, but what you don't know is that at age 35 your husband will have an affair and as a result of the affair, have a baby with the mistress that helps end your eleven year marriage. You will then find yourself a single mother of four sons living on welfare and food stamps struggling to have enough gasoline to go school four days a week. I know this looks and sounds hopeless, however now that you have this information, going to nursing school is one of the best things you can do for yourself confidence and your future sons to be independent and self-supporting woman.

An advice I would give myself back then was to really focus and be one step ahead of your game. In high school college may seem fun but its a big step for you to get everything together and go into the path to be succesfull. I would tell myself try hard, never give up even when you feel like you cannot do it anymore. It is better to try and fail then not try at all and fail. Remember your goals and why you want to do with your life in 5 years or 10. Do not procrastinate. Do not put other things priorities if it is not school and do not make money a problem. In the long run, hard work pays off. When you think no one is watching you, believe me someone is watching you, wishing they can accomplish the things you have. Dont give up and give it your all cause it does not get easier after that! Keep going!

If I could go back in time and talk to myself about I would tell myself about tuition and to apply to as many scholarships as possible. I would make myself do as many scholarships as possible so i could get money and i would not have to worry about taking out student loans today. I would also tell myself to get a job so I would not have started college with no money. I would have told myself to save as much money as possible and to have botten a car so i would not have to be walking to places. Lastly, I would tell myself to have done better in my personal statement that i did to apply to some UC schools since i did not think it was good enough. I do not regret coming to the school I am attending but i would be happy knowing that i tried my best in my personal statement.

Choose a college you will feelcomfortable in. If you like to be around a lot of people, maybe a public school would be best. If you like smaller class sizes mayme you woud do better in a private school. Don't let the cost of a school determine where you want to go. There are always scholarships, and financial aid opportunities you can apply for. If you feel ready to accomplish your goals try not to choose a party school. A school like that can sometimes put a damper on your dreams, especially when you are putting more time into the partying than in your schoolwork. I also tried to look for a school where the teachers try to get to know and help you accomplish your dreams. It makes you feel more confident, and you feel ready for when you are placed in the work field.