California Baptist University

« See more reviews of California Baptist University

Start school early, I have made the mistake of putting it off for many years. I am now 29 years old and it has been much more difficult to get back into the school life. Be ready to work hard right from the start, your GPA will be so important for you as you try to get money for school. Remember once your GPA drops it is much more difficult to bring it back up than to just keep it up there. Take this time of your life seriously but don't forget to enjoy it. I have loved every moment of school. There have been hard times, you will struggle, but this will be a time in your life where you will really start to see who you are. Socrates said "The unexamined life is a life not worth living". College is where you get to find out who you are, make the most of it.

The advice I would give myself would be to be prepared to make the decisions that come with graduation. Graduation is an important step, because I am faced with the choice to either remain in my childish ways or graduate from high school and become an adult. Graduation requires for me to determine the healthy relationships, and to seperate myself from those relationships who are stuck in childish ways. It also requires me to make my own decisions and stop expecting my parents to solve my problems. Most importantly, graduation gives me the oppurtunity to become responsible. I can choose to take responsibility in whatever path I take, and do it to the best of my ability. Lastly, always set goals that can be reached and persevere until those goals are met.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself that I should be financially prepared because college will be a huge financial burden upon myself. I would also tell my high school senior self, that procrastination is the enemy. If you procrastinate in college, you will find yourself stuck in the library the night before your assignment is due cramming it in becasue you thought it wouldn't take as long to complete as you thought it would. One last thing, it is okay to change your major to figure out what it is you want to do. You may think you have it right the first time, but if you feel like you are not passionate about what you are donig, then it's okay to change the direction your life is headed in.

When it comes to choosing the right college, the most important thing to consider is personality. Who you are as a person makes a huge difference when it comes to success. Choose a school that meets your needs. If you are not happy and comfortable it will be harder for you to accomplish what you want to. Choosing a school is not necessarily about choosing the best academic program or the highest rating, it is about fitting into a community of people and learning about the world and life together. In order to make the most of your college experience, it is important to be involved. Go out on a limb and talk to people even if you are a shy person. Get involved with activities even if they sound dumb. It will be worth it. Enjoy!

I would say: Perrier, I know things are really tough right now but I can promise you that the troubles you are facing will soon be behind you. Dealing with homelessness is taking up all of your focus but I need you to concentrate on your studies. When you go to the library to pass time, get a few assignments done. Before you go to sleep in your tent at night, read through some of your books. Focusing on your future will help make the hunger pangs go away. Make your effort now, push through! There is light at the end of the tunnel, so just keep moving my frined. Hey, you want to know something? Your future wife is waiting for you in one of those college classes, so get to it! God speed young man, you are an inspiration to me.

I would tell my high school senior self to be prepared for a big change in your life to happen. Enjoy this new chapter in your life because it is going to fly by and it isnt ALL about studying and homework and tests, but also enjoying it. It is a great time in your life and it deserves to be enjoyed. Of course, keeping up in your studies and doing your best is key. Dont procrastinate on anything because itll cause you to procastinate ton other things. Dont be afraid to get out of your comfort zone and try new things cause you wont regret it. College is where you meet some of the best people and some of the people you will be friends with for the rest of your life. So, enjoy it, embrace it and go into it with no doubts or fears.

I would tell myself not to worry. Academically, things will be fine. You're a good student, and the teachers l appreciate that and and are willing to help you when you need it. Also, don't forget to take some time out to relax and have fun. Study outside, enjoy the campus and the people. I would tell myself to think seriously about the job I want after college so that I would have a more straightforward plan of attack as far as my classes went. However, I can't honestly say that I would change anything because changing my major shaped who I am, and I'm not sure that I would have wanted to lose some of those experiences. Most of all, I would tell myself to relax more and enjoy the overall social-academic experience.

Get a job as a senior and seriously work on time management skills, especially since you are participating in a sport. Since you will be living right on campus with all of your friends social invites are much harder to refuse, even though you know you should stay and study. Get your proiroties straight from the beginning , let your friends know exactly what days you want to hang out and what days are best for them and really respect those times. The hardest thing about campus living is that you really can't just go to your room and be alone. Learn how to find that quiet time early on, it is critical for academic, social and athletic success. Being a part of a team gives you immediate friends and that part is awesome.

Take your studies serious now and be involved in student leadership. Focusing in those two areas will help set up a successful future for you at college and the rest of your life. Just remember that every "A" you get in high school it equals $1,000 in scholarship and grant money. Keep focused and be diligent in your studies because when you do, you will have a much higher success rate while your attending college! Keep pushing when life gets hard because it will all be worth it when you land that dream job of yours because you studied and became a more wellrounded person because of all the student leadership you were involved in. You Can Do It!!! Keep up the hard work and you will reap the benefits!

First the student must discover what he/she wants in a school. (large campus/small campus religious or party school) Then make especially sure that the school offers majors and degrees that fully prepare you for your career goals. Take campus vists, talk with current students and sit in on classes. If possible spend the night in a dorm and visit the cafeteria. Doing much preparation and narrow your choices down to a few. Then make a judgement based on educational goals...Lastly once in school get involved. There has been numerous researches that have shown those that have finished school with a degree is the person that is involved. So get involved in your school in what area interests you.