California Baptist University

« See more reviews of California Baptist University

I wish I had known how strong thier engineering program is. Although this is only the third year of their engineering program, they managed to make the program strong and tough. They are able to let us get the hands-on experience we need earlier than most colleges. Since their is less students that attend the school than a university, the professors are able to help out students when they need it. I also wish I knew how expensive the school was. That way I could have applied for more scholarships and grants instead of taking out loans.

I wish I had known more about the Scholarship programs that were available so that my parents were not both working two jobs each. They are both really great parents, and because they care so much about me and my twin brother, they both work two jobs because they dont want us to end up with any student loans after graduation. I see how tired they are, and I wish we could spend more time together. If I had applied for scholarships a few years ago, I think it may have helped them to be home with us more now.

My only regret before coming to CBU was that it was not my first choice. Had I known I would make lifelong friendships and grow as a student and person, I would have come to CBU sooner. I had spent time at another school prior to CBU that did not care to cultivate me as a human being. That school viewed me as a liability for my depression, but CBU viewed me as a valued member of a community with a purpose on their campus. I am only glad that CBU is my home for the rest of my education.

I wish that I had had a better understanding of just how much going to CBU would end up costing me. I was excited to go to a private school, and my parents could afford to help me at the time that I made the decision. When my first semester came around my Dad couldn't find any work so my family was making half as much as they had in previous years. I didn't realize that I would end up taking out both federal and private loan each semester I was attending.

Before I came to CBU, I wish I would have known that the tutition was going to increase after my second year at the school. I also wish I would have known that because of the tutition increase I would not get as much financial aid as I did the first two years. It has been hard dealing with that, but I am doing the best I can to pay off each semester so that I can complete my Bachelor's of Science in Nursing and my Spanish minor.

When making decisions about college, and working so hard in college, a lot people will say college is so much easier! You get to make your own schedule, go when you want or don't want. I say false. I really wish I knew how much work college would be. If there is one thing that college has taught me it is that sleep isn't required to survive only coffee is, and your planner and calander are your two very best friends.

I wish I had known that the Nutrition major that I selected was brand new, as in this 2013-2014 school year was the very first year that this major began. I was under the impression that it was fairly new but at least a couple years old. Knowing that the nutrition program was just being launched as I was coming in as a transfer junior would have been helpful information to set my expectations accordingly.

Before I had come to California Baptist University, I wish I would have known that these would be the best years of my life. I was not expecting to find life long friends here or to have such enjoyable classes. Yes, my classes are hard but I've enjoyed all of them. I am looking forward to the last few years I have at this school and excited to see what they will bring!

That financial aid helps you out more than you expected and the fact, as I mentioned in the previous post, that your professor are truly willing to help you out whenever you get stuck in any situations. You don't have to worry about anything that you share with them because there is that peace in knowing that you can confide in them at all times.

I wish that I had know about how very expensive it was to go to California Baptist University before I was accepted. I knew that it was going to be a lot of money but I thought that I could just cover it with loans. Unfortunately, the loans are barely covering half of the tuition and I need some serious help.