California Baptist University Top Questions

randall

I feel like it would not have mattered the school is so great at making you feel welcome and walking you through all the steps.

I wish i would have known how to plan our my schedule better, balancing both my major requirements with my general education. This would have helped me to stay on track on the road to graduating. I want to try and graduate early so knowing how to balance the two would have helped me alot.

Sylvia

I had taken a visit to campus before I officially decided to attend and was pretty well aware of everything I was to expect beforehand. Although, investing in a bike is not a bad idea depending on if you choose to live on-capmus and where.

Brad

I was given full disclosure of any and all expectations as a student prior to admission.

Maddison

When making decisions about college, and working so hard in college, a lot people will say college is so much easier! You get to make your own schedule, go when you want or don't want. I say false. I really wish I knew how much work college would be. If there is one thing that college has taught me it is that sleep isn't required to survive only coffee is, and your planner and calander are your two very best friends.

Ilbret

That financial aid helps you out more than you expected and the fact, as I mentioned in the previous post, that your professor are truly willing to help you out whenever you get stuck in any situations. You don't have to worry about anything that you share with them because there is that peace in knowing that you can confide in them at all times.

Before I came to CBU, I wish I would have known that the tutition was going to increase after my second year at the school. I also wish I would have known that because of the tutition increase I would not get as much financial aid as I did the first two years. It has been hard dealing with that, but I am doing the best I can to pay off each semester so that I can complete my Bachelor's of Science in Nursing and my Spanish minor.

Jeana

My only regret before coming to CBU was that it was not my first choice. Had I known I would make lifelong friendships and grow as a student and person, I would have come to CBU sooner. I had spent time at another school prior to CBU that did not care to cultivate me as a human being. That school viewed me as a liability for my depression, but CBU viewed me as a valued member of a community with a purpose on their campus. I am only glad that CBU is my home for the rest of my education.

Han

I wish I knew more about the school and where all the classrooms are. Also, my school gives out free scan-trons so I wish I knew that before I came to this school.

Tricia

I wish I would have known how important it is to live on-campus. I feel like I have missed out on much of the student life because of my commute between cities. I would have sought out scholarships such as this one so that I could have to opportunity to live on this beautiful campus.

I wish that I had know about how very expensive it was to go to California Baptist University before I was accepted. I knew that it was going to be a lot of money but I thought that I could just cover it with loans. Unfortunately, the loans are barely covering half of the tuition and I need some serious help.

I wish I knew how expensive it was going to be.

Karla

I wish I knew more about clubs and how to get involved. I wish I was also told about the teaching structure of the school. How most teachers will require alot of writing no matter what major you are in.

Krysten

I wish I had known how competitive it was getting into different programs and that it was important to start doing internships as soon as possible. I also wish I knew different ways to fund your schooling, because I did not start here because tuition was too high, but it is always somehow possible.

Valeria

I wish I knew how much I would be sacrificing by working and going to school. I wish I knew that the more scholarships you apply too the more chances of you getting one will be.

Jacklin

Everything was explained to me by faculty and students before I attend there.

I wish I had known that the Nutrition major that I selected was brand new, as in this 2013-2014 school year was the very first year that this major began. I was under the impression that it was fairly new but at least a couple years old. Knowing that the nutrition program was just being launched as I was coming in as a transfer junior would have been helpful information to set my expectations accordingly.

Tristen

I wish I would have known how expensive it gets.

Alexa

I wish that I had had a better understanding of just how much going to CBU would end up costing me. I was excited to go to a private school, and my parents could afford to help me at the time that I made the decision. When my first semester came around my Dad couldn't find any work so my family was making half as much as they had in previous years. I didn't realize that I would end up taking out both federal and private loan each semester I was attending.

Devi

I wish I would have known not to stop school until I accomplished my goal. I did a lot of stops and starts and if I would have known then what I know now I would of never stopped until I had it all complete, grad school and all.

Before I had come to California Baptist University, I wish I would have known that these would be the best years of my life. I was not expecting to find life long friends here or to have such enjoyable classes. Yes, my classes are hard but I've enjoyed all of them. I am looking forward to the last few years I have at this school and excited to see what they will bring!

I wish I had known how strong thier engineering program is. Although this is only the third year of their engineering program, they managed to make the program strong and tough. They are able to let us get the hands-on experience we need earlier than most colleges. Since their is less students that attend the school than a university, the professors are able to help out students when they need it. I also wish I knew how expensive the school was. That way I could have applied for more scholarships and grants instead of taking out loans.

What I was majoring in, and how hard it is to bring your GPA up after a couple of average semesters.

Miriam

I think for the most part I know everything there is to know. I truly wish it wasn't so expensive but I guess education costs.

That swimming is overall an under-appreciated sport for what it has accomplished. The swim team has won a national title 4 years in a row now and the school delivers hardly any recognition and plays favorites with other sports on campus.

Louis

I wish I had known more about the Scholarship programs that were available so that my parents were not both working two jobs each. They are both really great parents, and because they care so much about me and my twin brother, they both work two jobs because they dont want us to end up with any student loans after graduation. I see how tired they are, and I wish we could spend more time together. If I had applied for scholarships a few years ago, I think it may have helped them to be home with us more now.

I wish that I had known how much fun I was going to have while being taught. I also wish that I had known about all the wonderful relationships that I would make because it would have taken away my nervousness at being in an entirely new situation. CBU is amazing and the people are wonderful.

People here are so friendly and make students feel welcome. I have no doubts about choosing this school for its social and academic qualities. I love it and am glad that I chose California Baptist University for college.

That my roommate freshman year would be hard to get along with.