California Baptist University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for California Baptist University

Cydney

To outsiders, this school is not represented well because the first perspective is that this school is very low rated due to the fact that we are baptist and we are a bunch of nuns wanting to pray every five seconds, which is not true. California Baptist has evolved me to being a well rounded adult and en even better student. I really love the environment, students and faculty. Chapel is easy and it is interesting, we are just like any other college students and we are'nt forced to believe anything. It is simply a guide to a successful walk in faith. I recommend this school for those with open minds and open hearts.

elisa

California Baptist University (CBU) is an amazing college. Their "unapologetically Christian" campus invites many others to come share the same belief in Christ. Also, the food is so good!!! The atmosphere that Cal Baptist provides the community with the feeling of unity and friendship. I am very excited to continue to get to know CBU more.

Danyella

My overall opinion of CBU is that this is a great university. I understand that the fact that this school follows Christian guidelines may not be everyone's forte, but that is not a reason to discount this school. Other than their want to make students feel safe on a community engaged Christian campus, this school offers so much to the students and even faculty. I think what is so promising about CBU is the way this college makes a great environment for not only the students but also the professors and workers. The environment welcoming. Everyone is usually friendly. Faculty and staff want to help students pursue their purpose for God however that may look: in writing, music, sports, or science, CBU offers so many leadership and curricular activities students can join to enhance their personal and professional skills as they relate to their journey with God!

Nancy

College is a place where you can discover who you really are. As a freshman at California Baptist University, I always felt like I could be my true self. As a Christian myself, attending this private university really helped me feel as if I was not alone in my journey in following Christ. Since partying and drinking was never my thing in high school, I was scared that I would be pressured into doing things I was not comfortable in doing. CBU is a dry campus and is does not have greek life. Although this can be a bummer for others, I did not mind at all. CBU always had activities going on and they even had a 1 day trip to Portland to try out coffee places. Many of these activities are under $100 so they are not priced badly. Professors here really care about your well-being and are really accessible outside of classes. Classes are Christian-based and there is Chapel that is mandatory. The campus is fairly small but in my opinion, it is the perfect size. The campus is always clean and most of the buildings are up to date. The only downfall of CBU is the tuition. It is really expensive here and they do not offer scholarships besides one you have to earn your freshman year. Over I rate this school a 4/5 because in my opinion, it is the perfect environment. I did not give it 5 stars because I would like to see more opportunities for students to get scholarships.

Jade

California Baptist University is a beautiful school with amazing people that are genuinely friendly. The professors are very knowledgeable and truly want to see their students succeed. There are always fun activities on campus ranging from glow-in-the-dark capture the flag to karaoke night. This school is great for anyone that enjoys meeting new people and has an interest in experiencing the world from different viewpoints.

The classes are interesting but some of the online classes aren't very rigorous, and are a bit boring/too easy. However, professors are very kind and helpful and want all of their students to succeed, which I appreciate! Getting a good grade is just a matter of how much time you are willing to put in, but it's pretty reasonable.

Chanel

California Baptist University is a great institution. I admire the support I have received from all of the professors I have encountered so far. The spirituality component integrated into the everyday life of the campus is an important aspect that I also admire!

Anthony

Great environment and education. Everything here is on a personal lever and staff really cares about you and your future and long to build a relationship with you. The campus is beautiful and clean.

S

I went here full time for one semester freshman year: living on campus, taking a full load of classes, and absolutely hated it here. I am not religious, and it is almost impossible to make friends here if you are not attending at least one bible study a week and/or wearing the same conservative dresses as everyone else whilst carrying your overpriced water bottle everywhere humanly possible. After one semester, I decided to commute to campus, and see if the social sphere was really worth transferring. It was, and I withdrew from CBU after one year. I went to this school because they gave very generous financial aid, having me pay almost nothing, but the quality of the education you get here, other than learning about John and Mark, is mostly nothing. I learned less at this school than I did in my senior year of high school (and I tool almost no general education courses, as I tested out of most all the requirements) I would reccomend this school to someone who just came from a private, Christian school, or someone that was extremely involved in church groups and missionary work during their upbringing. If you are any sort of liberal, I would drop the possibility of going to this school, like I wish I had before I even accepted the offer of admission. I would choose to pay for a quality education than spend my time at California Baptist University any day.

Monique

I came to this school for spiritual growth and a friend and got so much more. The teachers are great, classes are fun, and there's always something going on. It's kind of hard to call this school boring or anything less. There's always help for everything and never a dull moment here. Especially when you live on campus! This school has been nothing but a blessing. Didn't ever think I'd ever fall in love with a school.

Zaida

California Baptist University is an amazing school that goes above and beyond to help their students feel comfortable and welcomed on the campus. The university strives to have their students feel a sense of belonging by creating many different activities and sports for their students to join and gain a sense of community with their peers. The faculty and staff are always available to help students make their academic semester go smoothly; due to its smaller enrollment size, the students can even sit and chat with their professors over comfort food in the dining hall. The university accepts any and everyone with open arms and encourages them to discover who they really are and as their motto states, "Live Your Purpose."

Ryan

The school is filled with thousands of students always looking to learn and push themselves to be better not just academically, but outside of the classroom as well. Each and every person feels the need to volunteer their time and give back to the community whether its through a food or clothes drive or even lending a hand. I have never been to a school where everyone is genuinely nice. You can always openly talk with the professors and they are more than willing to help you out in any circumstance; Not to mention the professors are very well educated. The campus is extremely beautiful and makes you feel completely safe. There is no other place I'd rather be than right here.

Preston

Coming from a small town, I was used to going to school in a smaller setting. Transitioning from home to the University was very easy, and there is a small town feel with this school, for it is a small community of students compared to larger Universities. I can walk the campus and see smiling friendly people that I know almost every time. The professors are there for the students and will do anything they can to ensure that their students are successful. The class sizes are small, and the relationship with students is amazing, for there are always study groups, small groups, gatherings or events to keep everyone involved. The Universities food services is one of a kind, and I have no complaints about the food itself. It is not the typical cafeteria, for the food is amazing, people serving are always friendly, and there is always a good variety. The campus is well maintained by the staff, and campus housing is the best, for they are apartment complexes that have been purchased by the University.

Deonna

I love it ! Best school ever ! This schools spirit has showed me that anybody who gets accepted here, will be loved and treated just like family. This school makes me feel welcomed. They really promote Christianity too, which I love. If someone chooses to go to this school they wont be disappointed.

Letai

California Baptist University has a welcoming and friendly environment as soon as you step on campus. There are constantly people looking to help you, and if they aren't around, there are multiple resources around to help you find or get anything you need. The on-campus housing is amazing. It's very spacious and close to campus, so the walk is not far at all. The food is great; the cafeteria provides food that is healthy and similar to homemade food. The teachers are easily accessible and always willing to help. The teachers genuinely want you to succeed, which was my deciding factor. Overall, this school not only wants you to succeed, but also provides numerous resources in order to.

Matthew

It is a smaller school, with small class sizes. Professors are awesome! The atmosphere on campus is very friendly and supportive. The sports teams are very competitive, moving to Division I this season. The recreation center is amazing. Food on campus is top notch as well.

Audrey

CBU is an amazing university. There are tons of majors, so you have plenty of choices. The campus is beautiful and the food is amazing. CBU people are considered to be some of the nicest college students. CBU is faith driven, so you will be required to take religion classes. You shouldn't take classes here if you aren't open to that. There are many ways to get involved on campus and the school gives out a lot of financial aid to students every year.

Raegan

I absolutely love the school, the faculty and the students. The journalism program could grown more, but it's good. The film department is also excellent they are hiring more professors which is definitely needed. The equipment for them is great though, great! Also everyone is very nice in every department and there are a lot of ways to get involved.

Edgar

My overall opinion of Cal Baptist University is that it is a great place for people to grow spiritually and academically. There is a great connection between the faculty and students, everyone on campus is friendly. Teachers try everything they can in order to help the students achieve the best education here.

Robbie

I love it here at California Baptist University. The engineering program where my major is in has all of the courses streamlined and focused so you know exactly which classes you need to take to graduate in four years. The engineering program is also highly appreciated by businesses in the area such as Bournes Laboratories which loves CBU students

Maria

Love the school and staff! Currently work for the online division and really enjoy all the people I am able to network with.

Alicia

CBU has been an amazing experience. There is so much going on but the school has a strong emphasis on academics. It encourages students to think outside the box but also to immerse themselves into a community of people whether it be with other from your major or just extracurricular groups and such. I have had such an amazing time here and I would highly recommend considering it.

Amy

California Baptist University was the best fit for me being a believer. I have grown very much spiritually, and I am blessed to say that I have found friends who are not only on the same page as me but also motivate me to grow even more. The campus is absolutely beautiful, the students are amazing, I really feel like I am home when I am walking on campus and I see people that I know. The staff is very welcoming and caring as well as genuine with their positive attitude towards you. When I compare all my years of going to school I can truly now say with confidence that I have never been more comfortable learning at a university. The university gives it their all to make you have the best experience on campus. This can be experienced in the food, clubs, extracurricular activities, and also in the classroom. There is truly not a better place for me to learn. The best part about the education you receive is that the professors that teach you are actually well experienced in their areas because most have worked in the areas they teach. The campus itself helps students decompress when needed because there are so many great spots where students can just sit within nature and relax for a bit. There are even moments when studying seems enjoyable because I set my blanket outside on the grass on a nice day and take in the beauty while also taking in the knowledge. It is an absolutely amazing campus and I am glad that I was placed here to live my purpose out.

Destiny

My overall opinion of California Baptist University is that, they have done an outstanding job when it comes to the way the classrooms are ran, life on campus, and making everyone feel welcome. The classroom setting is great. The professors all have their own unique way of teaching the class so, nearly every student can understand the material efficiently. Life on campus fulfills a resident’s every need. Everything one could possibly need from food to clothing can be found on campus. Those who have come a long way or from another state would be able to find almost any and everything. The campus all around is very inviting and he scenery is comforting. The people there are some of the nicest and most well-mannered people I have ever met. That really adds to the experience of attending CBU. So. Overall CBU is honestly a great school.

Jared

California Baptist University is a school that has a strong focus on Christ-Centered academics. They believe in community and that gaining skills to survive in everyday life is what is most important. Students here are definitely challenged to be the very best versions of themselves

Brandi

California Baptist University is a beautiful campus with such helpful professors. Since CBU is a Christian university, all professors teach in a Christian perspective, which is great! Students and staff at CBU are so kind and loving, it's easy to build long-lasting relationships. The professors at California Baptist University want their students to succeed, so they put in the time and effort to help all students graduate and become successful.

Jocelyn

In comparison, California Baptist University is one of the best colleges that I had an fortunate opportunity to attend as a student. The staff and students imprint an outstanding involvement in the campus life that would be for certain for a memorable experience. Not only that, but the campus of CBU try to go in their way to assist to better improve the quality of those outside the campus. Whether one is a social butterfly or a wallflower, there is no doubt that everyone will be treated by the same kindness, support, and respect.

Vanessa

After experiencing my first semester of college at California Baptist University, I found that the professors are very knowledgeable and engaging. I also enjoyed all of my classes and learned so much. The academic counselors are also extremely helpful in degree planning. The campus is also very beautiful and clean and the people are very nice. There are also so many opportunities to get involved and make friends.

It is not the typical college experience, but it is a good environment for students to grow academically and spiritually. One of the best things about CBU is that the professors are generally very willing to help and there are other outside sources for academic assistance.

Rebecca

This school has amazing professors who really care about the well being of their students. There are many food options on campus, however, there needs to be healthier options and more option on weekends. Weekends are dull because most people live around the area and go home for the weekends. If you live too far to go home on weekends it can get lonely. Very safe campus.

Shelsey

CBU is a fantastic school with so many great opportunities for students, academically and socially. Professors are very approachable, students are friendly, and the food is amazing. Best of all, this school focuses on God and Jesus Christ in an academic setting and encourages students to live out God's words.

I love it, it’s a really great school academically and spiritually. It’s pretty big but just small enough that you can connect to the professors and your classmates. The people here are also great, the majority of them are very kind and friendly. Also the on campus food is amazing.

I am very impressed with California Baptist University! I am a returning to school for my Master's degree as a working professional. The classes for my degree are scheduled in the evenings to accommodate the needs of working professionals. The professors and departments work hard to create an environment preparing you for success. This feeling is apparent in all communication and interactions I have had on campus. The faculty and staff want to see you succeed, and are willing to invest their time to help those who ask for it. I know and believe that each one of my professors wants to see me succeed! This is a faith-based institution and it is a wonderful place to help you grow in both knowledge and spirituality! It is refreshing to attend a school where Faith is the foundation, and Faith is a foundation that everyone shares there!

Kacie

CBU is an extremely welcoming and safe campus with extremely interactive classrooms and professors who genuinely care about our well being and want us to succeed. The campus is beautiful and the housing is great. Our RA's are always trying to get us involved and there is always a new bible study or hall event to go to. We are encouraged to apply for on campus jobs aswell. Overall, CBU is an amazing place to focus on getting an education, having a relationship with God, and finding a career.

Maria

California Baptist University, overall, is a great campus not only for students to receive their education but also to make life-long friends and obtain the various opportunities granted to the individuals. This school encompasses warm harming faculty members, making the experience at CBU enjoyable.

Brooklyn

As a first time freshman at California Baptist University, I have been blessed to have been given the opportunity to be able to experience all that CBU has to offer in such a short amount of time. CBU has exceptional staff members who love the Lord, love their students, and love their job, it has a beautiful campus that is constantly taken care of, and it has an atmosphere of students who encourage each other and want to grow together. CBU has by far exceeded my expectations and I cannot wait to continue on my college and career path here.

My overall opinion of Cal Baptist University is that it is a really good school and the professors there are really cooperative and actually care about academics. The people there as well are very kind and love to help with any problems you have. They are always looking to improve their campus

Gabriella

California Baptist is the best school for many reasons. The food is great, the professors are so helpful and can be accessed easily and quickly, and the atmosphere is so welcoming. I am a transfer student and was very nervous about transferring into a new school but the staff and admissions always made me feel so comfortable and welcomed!

Ariez

I see California Baptist University as a place, not only where students can further their education, but as a place to harvest a spiritual relationship with the Lord. The faculty and students are invested in their studies and make it very easy to get help with just about anything. The campus has one of the safest auras to it and makes students feel secure and welcomed. The campus living areas are kept up and is most likely to never looked trashed, thanks to students and faculty. The food provided within the campus dining area is also by far the tastiest thing most of the students have ever tasted. The surrounding city of Riverside is also very safe and well kept and has several shops for students to visit.

Celeste

I truly love California Baptist University and am so grateful my life crossed paths with this school. Yes, there is room for improvement just as at any school, but this school has given me a much greater perspective of my place and role on this earth. It has brought people into my life that have served as wonderful examples of how to genuinely love people. It has put into perspective what truly matters in the end. Money, status and success are great and all, but in the end they will just fade away. These materialistic ideals do not define who we are, and will ultimately leave us unfulfilled and unsatisfied if we put all our attention and effort into achieving them in the hopes of finding happiness.

Mikayla

I absolutely love everything about CBU. The campus is beautiful, the people are incredible, and the opportunity for growth is amazing. Not only does CBU provide the opportunity to grow academically, but also individually and spiritually. There are so many opportunities to get involved with extracurricular activities, which all contributes to the overall experience.

I believe that California Baptist University is a great university for students who want to feel engaged with great academics, friendships, and fellowship as Christ is at the center of CBU. I believe that I have grown in my faith in Christ through my experience here, and I am sure many others could say the same. There is a great campus culture due to the involvement in sports and wide range of extracurricular activities that are offered on campus. I would highly recommend CBU.

I think it's fantastic so far and they do a lot to get you involved academically, socially, and spiritually. I really really love the environment overall. It is a fantastic school to learn and stay positive and not stressed by all the programs it has. I'm sure you will love it here as a student.

Alan

DO NOT EVEN GO TO THIS SCHOOL! If their traditional education is anything like their online and professional studies program - I wouldn't even choose to go here. I have graduated twice from this school (with a BA and a MA) and they treat their Alumni like garbage. Actually, with the way they structured their OPS they treat their current students the same. You are not offered internships (no matter how high your GPA is [mine was a 4.0]). Meaning, no matter how hard you work, you will never be provided with the actual experience organizations want when they review your resume. Even after graduation I am still begging the school to help me. Do not choose CBU. https://californiabaptistuniversityopinion.wordpress.com/2018/03/08/do-not-choose-california-baptist-university-online-and-professional-studies/

shandy

This is my thrid year at Claifornia Baptist Universtity and was probably the best decision I could have made when choosing which college to go to. The falicalty are always willing to help and are so friendly throughout the whole prcoss. CBU has made me feel so welcomed, and that is saying a lot because I am a commuter. Being a communter is very diffult because there are certian events that we miss. However, CBU is notorious for making any student feel welcomed. I love attending CBU and would higly recommend it to any student that is intrested in attending a unique University.

Brandon

My overall opinion about cal Baptist is its a great school with beautiful facilities with staff that cares about you. Everything there is top of the line including its students and the teachers. The dorms are amazing they are rated number 1 in US by niche.com for having the best dorms.

Bruno

The most powerful thing about CBU is the community. Whoever you are, you can find a group of people that actively wants to invest and cherish you. People just want you to succeed. Whether it be leadership on campus or professors, there is always somewhere for you to go should you need help. CBU has an included free tutoring office. Very flexible hours; and to reiterate, it’s free! It is very easy to get involved and there are always events going on. On campus food is great. We are neck and neck with UCLA every year for best food in California. We have chick-fil-a when you want something good for the soul. Aside from campus life, CBU has good things to be said about its academic environment. All the professors are Christians and do their best to incorporate faith as it is relevant to the subject. It can be very contusive to a firm faith and learning. There is also a small class size average. Below twenty if I’m not mistaken. Professors are also accessible during their office hours I never had a difficulty contacting my professors. My adjunct professors were also more than willing to make time after class to meet. Overall, the biological science major isn’t the largest funded of the majors, but the small culture and close community make it easy to find opportunities to get a step ahead in regard to professional school.

Joyelle

What persuaded me to come to CBU was the faculty. The professors care about students and want them to succeed instead of dragging out their failures. They are always available, and everyone I met so far at this university is willing to have an insightful fruitful conversation no matter where you stand.

Chad

Personally, I would choose no other college that is one. I am in love with the campus, professors, and students. It is a campus that is serious about the Christian faith and about academics which is something that is vital to me. Even though this college costs a lot of money I do find this experience worth it and would choose nothing else. Something that I love about the students is that I always find fruitful academic discussions every time I run into kids. It is something that is refreshing knowing that we have a good generation of adults entering the world ready to make a positive impact.

Briana

I am a current freshman student at California Baptist University. Although I am still in my first semester, CBU has really made me feel like I am at home. The staff is very friendly and are always here to help. Professors are very great with office hours and feedback, they will always make sure you are on track. Although some students can be distracting or rebellious just as any other school, I feel like CBU has the friendliest people you will ever meet at a college campus.