California Institute of Integral Studies Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for California Institute of Integral Studies

Marshell

I LOVE THIS SCHOOL! I feel so blessed to be giving the opportunity to study at this university because it encourages self-growth and finding one's place in society. California of Institute of Integral Studies is not like any ordinary school I feel like I have been exposed the the riches context. Programs at CIIS are transformation experiences and their alternative form of education fosters the opportunity to thrive in the program and in life.

Christina

I am a PhD Student earning my PhD in Human Sexuality. when completed I will be a certified sex educator, sex therapist, and community advocate. Overall I believe that this is an excellent school. A few drawbacks are the need to be on campus for Academic Intensives, 3 to 4 days, (stay in town during this time) every 6 to 8 weeks. The books are provided through an online bookstore which is convenient. For students who have invisible disabilities there may need to be some self-advocacy to assure needs are met. Other then that, I love this school and would recommend it. There are other great programs here as well, which are very creative artistic and healing

Perla

Although California Institute of Integral Studies(CIIS) is a small school in San Francisco, I have really enjoyed my time there. Although it is a small university, it is located in the downtown area where it is very busy at times and can be somewhat scary walking at night. I am currently in the Expressive Arts Therapy program with a cohort of 14 students. We have had a great relationship with our professors who really listen to our needs. They will adjust the class according to where we are at at times and take the time to make sure we understand what we are learning. Many of the professors will start a class with a checking in to see how we are doing that day and are really genuine and open to different opinions. My cohort has been very supportive of each other whether its helping out with assignments or being there as a friend. I am very thankful for my program however not all programs are the same there are many programs offered at the school.