California Polytechnic State University-San Luis Obispo Top Questions

I would say I brag most about how I am an engineer at a well known engineering school and about all of the cool classes I have taken like welding. My school also offers unique classes like tractor driving, bowling and a flower arrangement class.

Our gym is amazing. The teachers and students here are all campus-widely supportive and all-around nice! It is hard to make friends considering the dorm arrangements are not as centralized as other schools. Also, the food and dining areas aren't very well placed or appetizing. The future for most students here will be a solid, successful one though, in my opinion. Cal Poly prepares you well for your career.

The beautiful location mostly.

Coming back home to visit old friends is always a thrill because I can tell them about my many adventures at school. More importantly, I tell them how my school is high-spirited and career driven and I learn a tons.

The area around my school. in particular the many outdoor activites, including hiking, biking, and swimming, that the beautiful environment around Cal Poly Slo offers. In addition to the area I tend to mention the large amount of oppurtunities that are on campus. Everything from 6 month internships to start-up businesses are commonplace at my school. The school does an amazing job of getting you in touch with the right eople to get your idea out there, and as a result new projects and groups are constantly being formed and turned into even larger organizations when the members graduate.

Adrian

No need to brag; it's already known that Cal Poly is a great school.

Caleigh

How everyone wants to help each other out. There is no competition between students and everyone works together to get good grades and to understand the material. Everyone is super nice and the area is amazingly beautiful with lots to do.

The educators care about you. You are a person in this school. Here at Cal Poly I feel like I belong. I once studied at USC, but there I didn't feel this sense of being part of my campus. It?s a nice feeling. Another thing I love is the environment. Its green and fresh. One thing I love is the air here in San Luis Obispo is a lot different than the air I grew up breathing. It?s just so different from the city, its clean. My lungs here, in SLO, are in paradise.

Danica

Before I attended Cal Poly, I always heard people say that it was a "learn by doing" school. It was hard to believe, especially after 12 years of reading textbooks and never really accomplishing anything. However, the statement is true. My classes are hands on and my professors are wonderful. I don't just read the book, I get to apply all the knowledge I gather in lectures to their corresponding labs. Its an experience like no other, I love it.

The weather is absolutely gorgeous all the time - I mean...all the time! Since Cal Poly is located on the Central Coast of California, we live in a very mild and temperate climate. When I toured the campus for the first time, everybody was so friendly. It's rare that I find someone who has a sour attitude. And as a college student, I can always ask somebody for help and they will always try to guide me in the right direction.

location, people, crime ratings, classses, nice people, shopping, parties, bars

The different variaity of activities to do at school such as sports and clubs. The clubs range from ag and farming to dancing and helping the community. there is always something to do.

Adrienne

location

Extracurricular activities

Aubrey

It has an excellent quality of education for a reasonable price. It is in a very friendly and fun town.

Conservative and Cal Poly doesnt waste my time with a bunch of liberal thinking GE courses

I usually brag about the amount of hot girls at this school. It's just too bad most of the pretty girls here aren't that cool. I like telling people I go to Cal Poly also because it is a great school academically and it is pretty hard to get into. I feel that it has just the right balance for academic and social life.

LILIANA

I love the area. The place is perfect for me. My teachers are incredible and I love my classes. I am learning very much and feel that my experience at Cal Poly is really preparing me for the job I want to have. The few people I have become close with are great and very helpful. I know they will always be good contacts to maintain. I love my school!

We have lots of cool teachers and are in a great location for shopping and going to the beach or doing other activities outside.