California State Polytechnic University-Pomona

« See more reviews of California State Polytechnic University-Pomona

Everyone is wanting to participate. Class discussions are never silent. Cal Poly is a very hands on environment so you are constantly interacting with other students. This allows you to build relationships with those in your classes. It also allows the constant sharing of information and collective problem solving. Students at Cal Poly are always working together, willingly. Communication between those in the classroom is not frowned upon, but encouraged. Bouncing ideas off of each other becomes something that is habitual and routine. It is nearly impossible to leave the classroom without a friend, or at least a study buddy.

Cal Poly Pomona has a gorgeous campus. The word that comes to mind when I think of it is "lush". It is expansive but centralized and manageable. It has a lot of variety in the way of clubs, resources, activities, and even areas. I love the polytechnic reputation for learning by doing. The rose garden, japanese garden, library, and famous arabian horse stables are all amazing places on campus. The quarter system classes are challenging but manageable, and I really feel like I'm making progress on my education.

Generally motivated much like myself. All attmepting to obtain classes, and all working to achieve the grades necessary to pass. There is a lot of teamwork, and group work among classmates as well.

Generally, everyone is friendly and driven to graduate. There are a few slackers that are just coasting by but for the most part people seem interested in their academic careers at Cal Poly.

College is full of carrying competitive student who really put their mind and soul to their study and will never let down a fellow classmate down.

Classmates have been helpful and understand we are all trying to accomplish similar goals so there have not been any issues with me personally.

my classmates in every class is very diverse in race and ethnicity as well as culture; however, they are very friendly and helpful.

My classmates are, for the most part, not as passionate about my field of study (Computer Science) or as intelligent as I am.

My classmates and peers here at Cal Poly Pomona are very caring, diverse, goal oriented, and most of all, fun.

People here want to be here, they care about their education and moving on in their major.