California State Polytechnic University-Pomona

« See more reviews of California State Polytechnic University-Pomona

Cal Poly Pomona is a university that is unique in that the campus itself is one of the largest in the CSU system. The campus is beautiful, and the campus community is always here to help. The campus has great facilities and the equipment available is fairly new. For apparel merchandising majors, like myself, Cal Poly is the best option when compared to the other CSU schools. The faculty has been involved in the business prior to their teaching careers, and have a high ability in informing their students of how to go about being successful in the industry.

Cal Poly Pomona is unique compared to other schools because of the price of the degree and what can happen with a degree from this school. Just talking to some employers, who did not come to the numerous job fairs located on campus, revealed to me just how much esteem is placed on a degree from this school by certain businesses. This could be compared to a degree from USC or UCLA because of how highly employers want graduates from Cal Poly Pomona. Compared to these schools, Cal Poly Pomona is more cost efficient for practically the same degree.

My school is unique because it offers apparel merchanding and management as a major. I did not want a major just in apparel merchandising. Cal Poly Pomona offers more than other schools. Rather then just having a BS in apparel merchandising I have it in management as well. Also, Cal Poly Pomona is the number one school which employers hire their graduates. The Apparel Merchandising and Management department is one of the best in all of southern California and offers their students many great resources as well as job opportunities.

The reason that I chose Cal Poly Pomona is for a couple of reason. Cal Poly is a very good school to attend for math and engineering majors. The campus also provides many opportunities to get involved with student life. Every Tuesday and Thursday a university hour is provided where there are no classes schedule. During this hour free food is provided along with music, shopping, and games. Many clubs also have there meeting during this time. The professors at Cal Poly also do their best to help you acheive the major that you desire.

I attented UCSB and California Polytechnic University, Pomona is more friendly based and less of a party school. It does not focus on frat and sor. Pomona is helpful and does not give you the run around. Another thing to consider is that this school is very hands on learning and that works better for me. It is a learn by doing type of school and that is why so many students choose this school. I would recomend this school to anyone who is considering engineering, architecture, or any other hands on learning major.

To be quite honest I am not too sure, I recently transfered and I have only attended one quaeter so still I consider myself new to the campus. The reason why I chose to tranfer to this paticular school was because they offered a great philosophy program. One of my philosophy professors at the previous school that I attended highly recomended their program. As a philophy major its hard to find a good philophy program so I consider the philophy program unique compared to the other local schools.

Like I previously mentioned, Cal Poly is an extremely unique school in that it specializes in many great majors. What made Cal Poly Pomona number one on my list is the Collins College of Hospitality Management. Not many other universities specialize in such a specific form of business management, so Cal Poly Pomona was the obvious choice for me. Also, there is alot of cultural diversity since Pomona is located in a very diverse area.

This school is known for its hands-on type of teaching. For me, whose majoring in Civil Engineering, I felt this was very vital for me to take advantage of. And unlike California State Polytechnic University, San Luis Obispo, it was a little bit cheaper and closer to my family. The weather was also taken into account, and the fact that it is a "GO GREEN" campus was an extra perk as well.

My school, is unique because it is so culturally diverse. My school doesn't care what skn color you have, what religion you follow, any of your beliefs. None of it matters because we accept everyone at our school and there is nothing that we can't accept or work with. If you have an interest you think no one else shares its more than likely someone on our campus has the same interest.

I was very surprised with the diversity of the students that attend Cal Poly. There are a variety of majors, so everyone gets to focus on their passion. The students are calm, and respectful of others, and the architecture is beautifully landscaped. The agricultural department and animals surrounding our campus are also pleasant bonuses.