California State Polytechnic University-Pomona

« See more reviews of California State Polytechnic University-Pomona

Cal Poly Pomona has a very diverse group of students. The people that would have the most enjoyable experience are those that would be willing to involve themselves on campus. There are several ways to get involved at school, but students must be willing to make the effort. The school is a commuter school, so not everyone stays on campus. In order to enjoy their education, as well as the social aspect of their college career, it would be best for a student to take advantage of all the opportunities offered and choose a few that fit them the best.

When most people here "Cal Poly Pomona" they automatically think engineering. But the school is more than that. Aside from various types of engineers (mechanical, aerospace, electral, etc.) the school is perfectly fit for people interested in agriculture, nutrion, and hospitality managemant. The "hands-on" approach which Cal Poly Pomona takes also makes the school attractive to students who like to delve into their work and really get involved in their studies rather than sit in a lecture hall.

This school is perfect for the person who seeks the luxuries of the more prestigious universities within a smalller campus community. The quality of learning is tremendous as our engineering deparment is ranked nationally as one of the best in the nation. A recent fact has even shown that one out of every five engineers are hired from California State Polytechnic University - Pomona. A person that is goal oriented, focused, and social will love their time spent here at the university.

I honestly think that anyone that is a hard working and a responsible person can attend this school. You need to be hard working by not lacking off in your classes and getting the work done. By being a responsible person one needs to take responsiblity of doing the homework for the classes and studying for your tests or final exam. You sometimes need to leave your friends and other things that you like aside thats why you need to be responsible so you know when its best to do so.

Students that are looking for great hands on learning in a small setting should attend the school. The school is competitive, but offers great learning experiences to their students through smaller classes and one on one experiences with professors. The school is popular for its technical majors, and students pursuing engineering or architecture majors would feel right at home on this campus.

A person that is focused on academics. Cal Poly Pomona is not a "party school," if that's all someone wants, I would not suggest this school. Students still have lots of fun, but academics come first. The staff and faculty here are very welcoming, it is easy for one to get an answer, there are various resources available around campus for all of the student's needs.

Students who are interested in receiving a wonderful education should attend this school. It is not a party school but is very diverse and culturally involved. Classes feel more like big families rather than just a bunch of strangers in a class. People who want to study and make life-time freinds would feel right at home.

A variety of students should attend the school because Cal Poly Pomona is a diverse school that welcomes all students. All the clubs and organizations show how the school is one community and wants all students to become family. If a student likes to get to know great and outgoing people, you should attend this school.

In order to attend Cal Poly and be successful you need to have ur mind set to what you want, there is nobody holding your hand and telling you what to do. Regulate how much fun you have with the amount of school work you have, dont have too much fun because it will cause you to fall behind faster than you no it.

Incoming students should be responsible, self-sufficient, and open minded. The campus community is very diverse, but not very active. Be capable of entertaining yourself, make some new friends early, enjoy the fancy new library. :)