California State Polytechnic University-Pomona

« See more reviews of California State Polytechnic University-Pomona

People that are most concerned with social life should not attend this school. Cal Poly Pomona places a strong emphasis on academic achievement. In order for this to happen, students must be willing to devote that extra time to their studies. Too much distractions in the life of Cal Poly Pomona students can jeopardeize their academics. Also, people that are not used to a lot of walking may not want to come to this school since classrooms are at a fair distance from parking lots. Also the notorious topography of the school setting, make it tiresome to move around campus.

The kind of person that should not attend my school is those that are easily annoyed of non-social activities. Because many students commute to my school, there are not many social activities. The housing available does not suit many people in the first place, which leaves them no other choice but to commute to college. It is highly true that those people that commute only come for their classes and leave which gives them no time to socialize with people or consider various clubs, and organizations on campus that can be in their benefit to join and network.

There is a large population of commuter students within our university, since many students live in nearby areas. Our campus is surrounded by residential communities, and a large city not too far away, so we are not completely isolated within a college community. Therefore, any student looking for a small "college-town" vibe at school would probably be happier elsewhere. Big football fans and football players might not want to attend my school either, since we don't have a varsity football team. We do have intramural football, though. :)

The only kind of person that I wouldn't recommend attending Cal Poly Pomona, is the kind of student that works full time and is hoping to attain their degree in four years. The competition to get into the necessary classes is already high amoung second and third year students. The competition makes for classes to be offered only at specific times, which would mean the students schedule would be constantly changing. The only way to get a degree in four years at this school is to sign a four year pledge, and keep the grades to remain in it.

Cal Poly Pomona is a school that requires people to be very strongwilled and persistent. The school is not overly difficult to be accepted in, but it is harder than other schools when it comes to finishing. Students that are not willing to actively change themselves in order to adapt with the environment will not attain the best possible education, and probably not succeed in class and life, so they should not attend the school. Adaptability is a strong theme of the times, and starting as soon as possible is imperative to survival.

People who like a crowded atmosphere with numerous amounts of people everywhere shouldn't attend this school. The school actually owns many acres of land, but it is centrally located in a small cluster of buildings. The rest of the land is occupied by agriculture animals and greenery. While there are a few fun activities on Tuesday and Thursday, you can't really feel like you are involved in the school unless you join a fraternity/sorority or an extra-curricular club. Once you do, you will have a fun time.

The type of student to attend this school needs to be able to focus their attention to their work without becoming too completely overwhelmed. The quarter system is quick and demands the work to be done efficiently. Also, the student needs to be able to open up and meet people. The activities on campus are a great way to meet great people and get your mind off of the stress of school work. You also should be confident in your choice of major, there's no time to waste here.

A person that shouldn't attend this school would be a person who wants a school with strong school spirit, a school that participates in sports with other schools on a high level. Somebody that wouldn't care about struggling to get classes due to the student to teacher ratio. Somebody that shouldn't attend this school would be a person that does not enjoy hot weather, somebody that doesn't want to drive to get everywhere necessary.

Cal Poly is a school that is accepting of all different cultures and beliefs. With that being said, the type of person that should not attend this school would be someone who is unmotivated. This schools gives such great opportunities it really would be a shame for someone to pay tuition, and go to class, to not participate or want to be there.

This campus is definitely a gathering of commuters. The school takes honor in thier agriculture and engineering educational programs. Which, I would agree is amazing. You should definitely like a more laid back environment and enjoy a closer knit community. This is not a party school, but you can definitely still have a social experience.