California State Polytechnic University-Pomona

« See more reviews of California State Polytechnic University-Pomona

California State Polytechnic University-Pomona tries its best to include everyone but the people who seem to have the best time are people who are outgoing and leaders in what they do. People who tend to shy away from oppurtunities should not look at california State Polytechnic University-Pomona as one of there strong options.

I would not recommend this school to conservative students or students who prefer a large school population that focuses largely on research. Cal Poly Pomona is a very hands on school where many of the students learn by using these hands or doing. We are also very open to new ideas and new ways of trying something out.

If your thinking of attending my university and you have no sense of humor I would not advise you to go to my university. Seriusness while appreciated in class, some of them at least, is over rated at our school. Also if you are a intrpvet our school is too interactive and people won't let you be by yoursel

It is a big commuter school. So, if you want a university feel with a big community, pick another school. Pomona is a scary city too! Regardless, I had the time of my life there and would not do it over at a different school if I had the chance!

Students looking for arts related degrees should not attend the school because the department is incredibly small. Also, if students are looking to enter a campus with a main focus on campus life they should choose to attend a larger campus.

I would have to say people should not attend Cal Poly Pomona if they want to be part of a social community. This is a commuter school. Don't come here if you want to party and be part of a crazy fraternity.

A person that wants the prestige of attending a well known highly valued college. A person that feels that the more they pay the better the education. A person that wants to play sports like football.

People in fields that this school does not provide. This school has high standards but is very personable. If you are one to hide in a crowd and fly under the radar, this school is not for you.

A person who is not interested in learning by doing should not attend this school, as that is the purpose of the school. If you prefer only learning from a book, do not go to this school.

A person who likes to work and study individually. This school and how it is set up makes everything a lot easier when you learn to work with other people and study together.