California State Polytechnic University-Pomona

« See more reviews of California State Polytechnic University-Pomona

I wish I knew how hard the curiculum was and that the school was on a quarter system. It is very different from high school because i have to learn the same amount of material in a shorter amount of time which makes it seem to go by a lot faster.

Before coming to Cal Poly, I wish that I knew that it was a mostly commuters' school. Not many students live on weekends, so at night and on the weekends its very quiet on campus. I wanted to attend a campus that had a lot more life to it.

Before I came to Cal Poly, I wish i would have known more about how many students actually live and stay here on campus; i knew that it was a comuter school, but even the dorms are empty on the weekends because most students live close.

Before going to this school, I wish I had known how different the surroundings would be compared to high school. It seems that high school was constantly stressful, whereas college is only really stressful when it is midterms time.

I wish I had known about the other majors they had to offer, as well as the importance it was to create a 4 year plan, so that you can best organize getting into the classes you need to graduate.

I wish I would have known to enroll as a Computer Science major, rather than enroll in another major and then switch. If I would have known, I could have been much further ahead in my classes.

The only thing I wish I knew was that living on campus my first year can help me academically and socially. This is why I chose to live in the dorms this school year.

I wish I would have known before coming to this school that most students commute to go to Cal Poly. It is pretty dead when school is not happening.

Walking around campus can get hard because of all of the hills. And never be afraid to ask anyone anything wether its faculty or students alike.

That it is primarily a commuter school and most students leave on the weekends making it hard to have a social life if you are from far away.