Bakersfield, CA
California State University-Bakersfield

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend California State University-Bakersfield

Anna

I would tell students to choose the college that would best suit their desires. They need to look for the college that provides them with the greatest opportunities, education wise and career wise. It is good to do research on several different colleges and choose which one will best fit their specific needs and wants.

Someone who is serious about aquiring an education and a good career

Heather

It can be boring socially but many of the teachers/academic programs are very good.

While I love the academic experience I'm getting at CSUB, the campus also seriously lacks social activities for students. I'm not an extremely social person but I do feel like I'm missing out on some important, fun activities with my peers. Initially it didn't bother me, as I was concentrated solely on academics. However, as my time in college draws to an end, I'm feeling a bit of regret at choosing price and education over everything else. My advice would be to try and find a school that has a good balance of both social activities and educational experience.

Raiai

When deciding the right college look at a school that has the most resources available for studying, your health etc. , student life, the backgrounds of the university is substancial , and the college offers a good financial package. Also look for a school that has your major and lots of program and opportunity for a person to use to his or her full advantages. For me when choosing a school, i look for, is the school near a church for me to wordship at , and does the school have lots of resources for my major. When attending the college have fun make the best out of it , but remember college is a previledge not a right, so do the best you can , dont procrastinate till the last minute, spend your money wisely, and take advantage of every opportunity handle out to you.

I would consider the worst part about my school is the lack of black sororities and fratenities on campus and the lack of school spirit

someone that is lazy and procrastinates. . our school is on the quarter system so the school year goes by fast, and there is no time for mistakes or procrastination.

Kyle

My school allows schedules and financial aid programs designed for people returningto college who already have family responsibilities and career demands. Without Cal State Bakersfield's willingness to assist me in my endeavor to achieve my Bachelor's degree, I don't know that I would have recognized my potential for success.

I went back to college to obtain my Bachelor's degree with a wife and five children. If there is anything I could say, or advice I could give, it would be to follow your dreams no matter how unattainable they may seem. I found that setting a goal and having a reason to see it through, in my case my family, helped me to perservere even when it felt like I couldn't take anymore. For parents, help your children to seek out colleges that focus on education over socialization. Everyone should have the opportunity for balance, but education and the pursuit of a career should always remain the priority. From a young age we should encourage our children to set life goals and then give them the tools to obtain them. My wife and I both returned to school to show our children even under the most dire of circumstances any dream can be realized if you believe in what you're doing. The only difference between a successful and an unsuccessful student is their level of desire. "You've got to want it to win it and we want it more!"

The most frustrating thing was the limited availability of some of my upper division classes. Towards the end of my degree I decided that I wanted to change my concentration, but due to the inability to enroll in the necessary courses I had to continue on my original educational path. I could have made the decision to follow my change in career choice, but it would have set my graduation date back at least six months. I have a family and financially we would not have been able to last another year on one salary.

Leila

The most important thing about college experiences is that they are worth remembering forever. I would advice students looking for the "perfect" college or university to keep their options wide and their minds open. Every college and/or universities has their strengths as well as weakness. So they should make the most of what they have. Be optimistic and happy. With a positive attitude, anyone can gain the ability to enrich their learning experiences. Make good relationships, volunteer, help the community, and the environment!

The best thing about my school is the Political Science and the Communications departments. The proffessors are engaging teachers and they care a lot about the students. Classmates are enthusiastic and participate in active class discussions.

Lizeth

The way that we are just a small school but we have everything that a larger university has. We have all the community and student involvement in the growth of our school.

I would have to say that you need to find a school that best suits your needs. If you are more of a person who likes the one on one with your professors then look for a smaller school, it all just depends on what your needs are and what you want to get out of your college experience. Just remember that there will always be time for parties and hanging out and getting an education that can last you a lifetime is something priceless so find the place that will help you achieve what you want.

The fact that most of our funding goes toward our athletics teams and not so much for the academic setting at our university.

Jenna

Research the school and make campus visits to see if the atmosphere is something you would like.

How small the campus and the classroom sizes are.

Anyone who wants to get a bachelors degree in a major that the school has. And anyone that like smaller campuses.

Zandre

There are almost an infinite amount of opportunities for not only students but also faculty and staff to take part in the growth of this university and at the same time grow and learn within themselves through interaction with other people and experience in both academics and extracurricular activities.

Californiat State University Bakersfield is known for its diversity and its considerably small student body compared to other campuses. Most classes have a small number of students which makes a greater interaction between students and professors. Given this campus' youth, there are plenty of opportunities for students to be active in the development of the university.

College should not be just a place that individuals pass through to get degrees for occupations. College is an important part of learning in life that does not only teach us how to test experiments or write papers, but teaches us how to grow within ourselves as individuals with responsibilities. College teaches us how to interact, collaborate, and compromise with other individuals; how to work not as a group of people but as a team of people, and at the same time preserve our individuality and independence. It is our experiences in college and the characters that we build that we will carry throughout the rest of our professional lives. The values we learn here are the values we are going to show our co-workers, our friends, and most importantly, our family. Most people meet their life-long friends in college, and some meet their future spouses in college. So when choosing the right college, one should not only consider the quality of education or the popularity of that campus; one should also consider the quality of the the student body, the faculty, the staff, and the overall campus environment, because college will choose what your future will be.

California State University-Bakersfield administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.