Bakersfield, CA
California State University-Bakersfield

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend California State University-Bakersfield

California State University of Bakersfield is one very large family!

California State University of Bakersfield is one very large family!

Go into college with an open mind. Let people see the best side of you. It is your chance to have a new beginning, so remember that you can be a better person, you can be anyone you want to be. College is a time to grow and a time to change, so get out there and don't be scared!

I brag the most about how much this community supports the academic and athletic side of things. The teams give back so much to the community and they give back with their support! I could brag all day about how great the surrounding community is when it comes to CSUB.

nathan

Work hard as i am working hard in college right now

Work hard as i am working hard in college right now

Not having financial aid assistance to cover for all your school funds

A well determined, straight forward, eager to learn kind of person

Ambra

The students at CSUB are encouraging and well educated individuals who are inviting and friendly.

Never fall behind. College life moves at the speed of light; if you fall behind, you will have one hell of a time playing catchup. It's also important to wear sunscreen when riding your bike to school (sunscreen has been proven to prevent premature wrinkling and sceen cancer). You will not regret taking a few minutes out of your morning to apply a thin layer. My advice to you, former self, would be to spend more time on your schoolwork and less time worring about work and possibily losing a social life. It is okay to make mistakes; learning from mistakes makes you a better student (and a better person). Live out loud. Don't be afraid to try new things. Meet new people, and be accepting of thier ideals and beliefs. Get plenty of sleep, exercise regularly, and take your vitimins. And please, don't forget that sunscreen.

I consider the professors to be the best thing about life at California State Univeristy, Bakersfield. The faculty is encouraging and incredibily well rounded. The faculty of the music department is especially helpful. They encourage student involvment with campus activies and strongly agree that acedemics are the most important part of creating a admirable future.

Gabriela

Classmates are just classmates.

Classmates are just classmates.

The advice that I would give myself is to focus more on school. I was a high school athlete. Playing sports was the main priority for me. When you get to college being an athlete does not really matter unless you are going to be a college athlete.

I believe any type of person can attend this school. This is not a big campus so people that originally live in big cities really like it here.

Shelby

I picked Cal State Bakersfield because of their new Pilot B.A. Program in Global Intelligence and National Security. It’s a major that is only found in a few CSU's because the program is new to the school system. The program will provide me with an advantage after I’ve graduated and am seeking employment because so few people will have this specialized training provided by the program.

If I could give my past self advice about college, I would say to never put less than 100% into your work, and always stay organized. Last year, I didn’t put as much effort into some of my classes as I probably should have. For example, last semester I focused all my attention on the hardest class, which for me was Biology. During finals, I spent hours studying for the one class I was determined to pass, but not much time studying for my other three classes. Although it mostly paid off and I passed that hard class, I ended up not getting the grades that I had expected for the others. I believe that if I had been more organized and put my full effort into my easier classes, I may have been able to manage my time better and get some studying in for all my classes, and maybe even have gotten the grades I really wanted.

I have only been attending Cal State Bakersfield for a week (I transferred from Cal State Fresno), so I don't have much to say about the faculty or the way the classes are set up. My only complaint so far is the parking situation. There are many parking spots, but the lots are usually almost completely full around the middle of the day. It takes me about thirty minutes just to park and walk all the way to my class, which can be very frustrating.

Gessel

Classmates are very friendly and helpful, so there is no need to feel intimidated or alone in a class.

The worst thing about this school is the availablity of classes and the allowed amount of students per class. It is the worst thing because I usually never enroll in the classes that I do want, and with the classes I do get into they do not fit my original schedule.

Marni

If I could go back to 1984 I would find myself off campus because I cut a lot of classes to party back then. I would tell her that although she will spend the next twenty years living a lonely, blurry, and addicted life, at 38 years old she finally surrenders and reaches out for help getting clean and sober. This is when her real life will begin. I will say that it’s been a five-year struggle to get a two-year degree. That I have four classes left to graduate and have run out of financial aid. That during those night classes while working a full-time job she will lose her sister to cancer and then four months later find out that she too has cancer, and that the fight she never thought she had the courage to wage was upon her. I am 2 years in remission and want so much to finish my degree. I would tell myself to stay strong through the adversities and to not be so stubborn, to ask for help when she needs it because it’s not a weakness, it takes a lot of inner strength to reach out.

Emaginne

California State University of Bakersfield is a very diverse campus that is focused on being environment friendly.

Cal State University, Bakersfield is a very diverse school. One unique thing about this school is that a lot of people you went to school with will also go to this school so it makes it easier to converse with the campus community.

The first thing I would go back and tell myself as a high school senior is take college seriously. No one told me that when I was a senior and as a result I failed to take college seriously. I ended up dropping out of college my first year and struggled for two years until I finally got the unspoken message. That message was to go back to college and take it seriously. This is good advice for any high school senior. As a young adult it is hard to grow up over the summer and prepare for college. This simple advice can guide a senior into that transition. Another thing I would tell myself is submit your college applications early and do not limit yourself. Since I didn't take college seriously I failed to apply for the "good" colleges on time. That left me stuck at my hometown community college. If I could go back and give myself this advice my college experience would have been different. The last thing I would tell myself is to have fun and get totally involved in your college career. Writing this makes me wish I had a time machine.

Grant

CSUB is known for excellence in the strength of undergraduate and graduate academic programs and the interaction between faculty and students. There is an average of 18:1 student-faculty ratio that affords students almost unparalleled access to their instructors. The variety of academic and co-curricular choices, their long-standing reputation for innovation, and their campus diversity are also characteristics which they are known for.

If I can go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior while knowing what I know now about college life and making the transition I would have a long conversation with myself. First, I would tell myself to understand that school is not just an obstacle in the way of a better paying job but school is on of the best life lesson teacher there is. I would tell myself to obtain a image or an idea of what and who I want to be in life because college does just that. We would talk about the difference between high school teachers and college professors and how you need to learn that not one professor is the same in they way they teach, grade, or view issues. Finally, I would let myself know that in life their are always life lessons to be learned and there are mistakes you must experience yourself, so I would tell myself to go out there and make those mistakes because they will only make me stronger.

Everyone should feel welcome here at CSUB. This campus is very fun, exciting, diverse, and open. The person must be willing to be open to new ideas and new ways of learning. They must be determined, intelliegent, and open minded to criticism in order to fully understand and learn as a student at CSUB. They should be able to converse with other students and become a team leader in order to help others while helping themselves.

Peter

Recycling/corrupt csu president who takes a $50,000 raise when student tuition is increasing.

Study hard, invest every penny you have in lending club or an s & p 500 index fund.