Bakersfield, CA
California State University-Bakersfield

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend California State University-Bakersfield

Tano

The resources at this school are very helpful. everyone is very helpful. i have gained a lot for attending CSUB. I have learned a lot and have made more friends than i have ever had. i would highy recomend this school to any student who want to get a quallity college education and a fun college experience.

Anyone who want's to get a good college experience

Heather

My college experience has taught me to never doubt myself and to remain confident in my success. I have completed an Associate of Arts degree in Spring of 2010. However, my dream of a financially stable future ( and a house and three kids) is at stake if my bachelor's degree remains incomplete. I am a dental assistant and plan to return to schoool in January to work towards a degree in dental hygiene. I WILL succeed. In times when layoffs are so prevalent my education will be my most vauable asset. I am elated to be considered for this scholarship to aid in my academic endeavor. Thank you for this opportunity.

Tyler

The experience i have gain since attending college have been superbly marvelous. It have provided me with insites of many views points of my peers and a basic knowledge that every individual should acquire to be proficient in everything thay might choose to do. At this point in my life being soo young, age sixteen, attending college have been probably the most influential and momentous decisioin in my life. Attending college will help me inprove many of my skills to become a better person. It will help me strive to become the neurologist i want to become.

Nothing in particular. This was my first choice of schooling.

This most frustrating thing was applying because i was new to the subject and it was confusing at some points. But i did get asistance from a representative.

Abiola

The campus is nice and has lots of room. In addition, the school president take a great interst in the school and has been working hard to get teh university in a better standing and is making real progress doing so.

My college experience yield two things, friendships and a degree that taught me how to critically thing. Studying during college was often collaborative processes; many hours were spent studying with the same individuals in my program. Studying would be done at all hours when we were not in class - as a result of spending so much time tougher a bond between me and my study partners was formed and one that will remain though life. Though the struggle of the program being able to relate to ones fellow students was very important and these feelings and lessons are ones that I take to the real world. To this day we reminisce about our experience in the math program and often talk about studying in the future together and furthering out educations as a group.

The teachers were well prepared and took interest in the students. They were there when one need help and were very knowledgable.

Sheree

The students at CSUB are very capable of success.

The students at CSUB are very capable of success.

My college experience has been valuable because it has made me a stronger student and more independant adult. I rapidly developed my ability to interact socially through joining club activities, and mingling with people from all over the world. Some of my professors and peers helped me develop successful study and research methods. I have also learned that college and life is very challenging financially. I worked two jobs while taking a full-time school schedule, and still had to take a loan to support my education. This workload has taught me to manage my time in an organized fashion. I observed many people in my past; as well as, peers currently on campus who were not dedicated to their educatrion. They are unsuccessful and failing in life. These experiences have made the completion of my education more desirable for the success in my future.

The kind of person that should attend this school is someone who can learn well on their own. Someone who works well with peers, but is independant enough not to depend on their groups. Someone who is able to complete their education with personal growth and determination

Yoshira

What's unique about my school is that there are different programs that are willing to help students finacaily or counceling.

What I have gain is responsiblity in how to mange my time with my homework and work, to ask professor's question, to learn more about my nursing major, and to network with classmates. College has been valuable to attend because I learend that with education I will never advance.

Anyone that wants to keep studying.

Cebron

Many class mates I have met from other states are drawn here because it is cheaper compared to their colleges in their states. Also we have small class sizes and an abundance of student resources. There is not an excuse to fail here because of the accessability of both professors and resources. We also have an amazing career center that helps find jobs and prepare students for jobs inorder to help them earn money for school.

I would definetly tell myself that I should be selfish with my time. That eventhough I feel that I can help so many people and therefore should, I instead need to me more diserning with who I help because there are those who will take advantage. My first quarter I made the mistake of not manageing time and saying no to friends and even family when they needed help. Now when I look back there were many times where they would have done well on their own. That is what I would tell myself.

The worst part of my college experiance at CSUB was the front street leading to the campus -- Stockdale -- becomes very crowded around five pm. If you have class around that time it is best to leave out sooner to get throught the campus. However their are also other roads and entances that can provide access to the campus and get you around Stockdale. Also to get from the front of the campus to the back, by car, you have to drive its back road you cant go staight through. This is over shadowed by lots of good qualities offered.

Karen

Dear Self: Are you nuts? Why are you listening to all of the people who think you shouldn't go to college? I don't care if Mrs. Chandler is your favorite teacher and someone you look up to.....she should NEVER have told you that you'd make a great secretary. Has it escaped her notice that you've taken college prep classes for the last four years, and have an impressive GPA? Girl, you turn your back on that woman and anyone else who isn't encouraging you to continue your education (including your nasty little internal doubter) and get your butt to a college admissions office NOW. Know this: you will eventually break out of your shell. You won't spend your life being backward and shy, and college is a great tool for beginning the process. You'll gain confidence with every class you ace, and you'll even find yourself able to question your professors' opinions when you don't agree with them. You'll make friends. Best of all, you'll become your OWN friend.....you will love who you are. You know you can trust me.......after all, I AM YOU! ';

Don't think I'm whining.....goodness knows I NEED the exercise......but the worst thing about going to college is the parking situation. You must get to school really early, regardless of what time your class starts, in order to find parking anywhere near the campus. I now have Arnold Schwarzenegger-like calf muscles to prove my point.....two years and hundreds of miles of walking to class later!

I firmly believe anyone who has the motivation can go to school, so I cannot exempt anyone from attending this school! After all, I'm a 46 year old woman who, in spite of being highly intimidated in the beginning, has just obtained an AA in Liberal Studies. So, I say, "come one, come all." If you want an education, GO FOR IT! Regardless of one's race, socio-economic status, or so-called handicap, education is available. Take advantage of what this awesome country and its educational system has to offer!

Adriana

This university is well known for it class sizes and excellent instructors.

This university is well known for it class sizes and excellent instructors.

If I could go back in time and be a high school senior once again, I would definitely tell myself to stay closer to home. I left my home to attend a university that was 600 miles away. I truly regret that decision. Leaving my parents and siblings back in my home town was very difficult for me. I took many months for me to adjust living on my own and not having family and friends close to me. Although I did mature very fast, I learned the hard way that relationships are very important. I would change the decision I made as a high school senior and stay close to my family and friends.

Students that are not willing to work hard should not attend this school.

Melvin

C.S.U.B is a great university to attened to, to futher your education with an exclusive access to your professor.

C.S.U.B is known for our excellence in the strength of our undergraduate and graduate academic programs and the interaction between faculty and students. C.S.U.B average 18:1 student-faculty ratio affords the students almost unparalleled access to their instructors. The variety of academic and co-curricular choices, the long-standing reputation for innovation, and the campus diversity are also characteristics of which C.S.U.B are proud.

If i was able to go back in time, I would tell myself first of all, APPLY for scholarships. If I would of known more about how your life changes when your going to college and how you have to become an indepent person, I would of applied for more scholarships to ease the stress alittle more than what it is. I also would of told myself, it's time to buckle down, and take education more seriouslly. If i would of known that the U.S was going to be in a recession I would of taken my edcation much more seriouslly. I would of told my self also, Please complete your FASA on time, because if you don't your life and expericence in college, will cause sooo much pressure upon you, untill you will literally feel like dropping out. I would like to tell myself in the past, take the most hardest classes you can, because it forshadows what you will be going through everyday in college, untill you graduate. If i would of known that, life would of been so much easier as a Freshman in college.

California State University-Bakersfield administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.