Bakersfield, CA
California State University-Bakersfield

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend California State University-Bakersfield

Raul

My classmates are really great. In every class so far I have tried to make a new friend and I have accomplish this because it seems people attending in college have the same goals and they want to feel familiar with one another.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school seniors I would advice myself to apply for scholarships,grants, and other ways to get money. This would be because we have fallen in a crisis this years which has made my life a little hard as a full-time student because I don't work and as I try to focus in my school work I find it difficult thinking of how I'm going to buy books and pay additional supplies I need for my education. I didn't think of my expenses before college so I am having to struggle so I would advice myself not to comit the same mistake. I would also tell myself to learn how to study because college ain't quite a thing like high school there aren't any teachers really woring of who passes their classes, but who wants to succeed on their own.

The best thing about my school I would have to say are all the staff because they have really help me feel part of the campus by helping me with directions, questions I have, and help centers I can attend too. The school has really help me to feel more independent and confident of what I am set to accomplish there in my intended major.

Daniel

Although most of my classmates are decent people some of the student body executives will make decisions on behalf of the students without votes or any notification

If I was able to give myself advice on the difficulties of transitioning from high school to college I would tell myself that the most important thing to understand about college is do not trust the judgement of the school counselors because they no nothing about what is best for you.

I would have liked to have known about the universities lack of support for the student body. The professors and administration often make educational decisions based solely on ho it will affect their personal reputation.

Alisha

That you should take the opportunity to weight CSU-Fresno, CSU-Sacramento, or CSU-Chico as better options for college, and that a junior college is a better alternative to learning to adapt to a university with a plus or minus system if your serious about a pre-law program.

The communute home, going home after classes, and the fact it ends in 10 weeks.

A person who can afford a cheap place and loves bad air quality.

nehemias

My school is a small, yet enjoyable and academically stimulating university.

My school is a small, yet enjoyable and academically stimulating university.

Assuming that I could go back in time as a high school senior, I would dedicate myself to studying more. I would force myself to read more and get used to doing homework for hours and hours a day. I would tell myself not to get overwhelmed with college and take it one day at a time. Honestly, even though i would give myself this advice, I probably would not take it. Even though my first quarter was overwhelming, I would not change a thing. I got good grades and I like where I am today.

The worst thing about my school is the lack of student involvement.

The unique thing about my school is that it?s one of the best schools in Bakersfield, there are many things you can get involved in, the instructors are nice and helpful and you get to meet new people. The more activities you get involved in the more you'll like going to school, if something seems difficult for their will always be someone there to help, and there is a great guarantee that you will succeed and accomplish on your dream of becoming whatever you set your mind to.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to focus a lot in school, attend school every day and finding more time to study for test. Also, I would tell myself that I should help out other High school student?s by putting them in the right track, keeping them out of trouble and focused in school. The bad decisions you take in high school will affect you in the long run if you choose to go to a specific school or get a job.

I wished that I should have token a tour of the school a little more so I wouldn?t get lost the first day of school, and also that I never expected the people to be so kind and helpful.

amy

CSUB has a small campus, but all of the resources that you need to get your work done and the help you need.

What wouldn't you tell yourself is probably a more appropriate question? Having just passed my 10-year mark since graduating in 1999, I have actually been thinking about this question quite a bit. First I would tell myself to set clear, definable goals to be reached withing concrete time frames (i.e., graduate college in 3 years, be finincially secure within 10 years, etc.) and devise a set of criteria necessary for accomplishing those goals. If you don't have a plan, then where are you going? Then I would say to surround myself with people who are successful or ambitious as well. Not only is it good for networking and discovering oppurtunities, but their good habits will also rub off on you. People who don't have goals will drag you down with them. Also, spend your money on the things you are supposed to, i.e., bills, not shoes. Sounds simple, but most people my age have learned it the hard way. And, at last, I would tell myself that the next 10 years are going to be a bumpy ride. Laugh, love, live in the moment. . . but be prepared for the future.

Because of budget constraints there are less classes, which can make it hard to fit the classes you need into your schedule.

Shunnon

My classmates are all night time students which means they have full time jobs. We are all looking for to finishing school.

I would have advised myself to put my dreams on hold for 4 years until after I got my degree. Chasing a dream is tough especially if you run into some snags and without a degree to fall back on your footing will continue to be off balance.

Any major that has to do with water.

Christian

Besides being in Bakersfield, nothing in particular.

Besides being in Bakersfield, nothing in particular.

It is on a quarter system. In the past, I have gone to the semester system.

Make sure you take the right classes or you'll end up wasting valuable time and money. Buy books used online. It is much cheaper.

Assuming that I can go back in time to my high school years in Liberty I would tell my counterpart to work even harder than I did, I would say that a 3.72 GPA is nothing in College I need to have been more active in clubs and in school. I would have told myself to be more serious in the pursuit of scholarships in order to have enough to pay for tuition and books so I wouldn't have to take out a loan and later deal with the troubles of paying them back. More importantly, I would have told my friend Ivan, then a junior, to have learn from my mistakes, to strive harder, to look for scholarships, and to be more active because he is like a brother to me and I wish him the best. Though I cannot travel through time, I can improve upon the present and future that is why I am bettering myself and helping my old Liberty friends.

Alonzo

Wake UP) (PU knuckelhead your gonna be dead before you dig yourself out of this OLD MANS Dream but guess what that 's the-KEY-7 ----------415-we the LOCK (adults) ------------6-they the KEY (babies) You are praying to the back of DOG) (GOD and don't see he is the ONE at back of Dog who blows air into your mud. TAIL) ( LI-AT HE IS A BLACK HOLE The ONE who stands UP) ( PU TI-ME is the Child is the ONE is the Dreamer, so keep dreaming and for get all the rest. You are in a 13th PLX on a planet that BE-LI-EVEs it can kill the Dreamer but here are the facts the Dreamer is already Dead so don't Dilly Dally around go there awake and meet the Dreamer SONEV. And quite playing with yourself. PEACE L.C. WAlkin

California State University-Bakersfield administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.